Chapter 26

Times To Love Again

Un-beta

Chapter 26

 

It hadn’t been a good day in the office; Yunho had been in a foul mood since they arrived at the office that morning.  Shouting at almost everyone, Jaejoong had walked into Yunho office, Yunho voicing was ringing in his ears as he was shouting down the phone at someone.  Jaejoong left a proposal on his desk Yunho looked at him, before putting down his phone. “You need to approve these before we order material.”

 

“I’ll read through them and get them back to you.”  Yunho turned his chair avoiding Jaejoong. It was strange Yunho never spoke to Jaejoong like that when they were alone.

 

“Is the something wrong?” Jaejoong asked. “Something I can help with.” Yunho shook his head not looking back to his computer screen. “Will you be working late?”

 

“Probably I don’t know?” Yunho told him. “I need to get this done…?”

 

“Do you want me to pick up Karam after work….?” Jaejoong asked, there was only an hour left until the time they usually go home.

 

“Yeah, Thanks…” Yunho was short at Jaejoong. Leaving Jaejoong not sure what to say. He left hoping by the time Yunho got home he was in a better mood. By the time Yunho came home from work his mood was no better slamming doors alerting everyone he was home, Jaejoong who was in the living room followed up the stair behind. He had told Karam he’d talk to his father first something didn’t feel right and Jaejoong didn’t like that. He took the tie from his neck in a fury and threw it onto the bed. Jaejoong stood in the door watching

 

“Is everything okay?” he asked.

 

“Yeah fine….I’ll be in the office.” He told Jaejoong.

 

 “Karam wants to should you the drawing he did in day-care,” Jaejoong told him remembering the toddler down stair holding his drawing in his hands for dear life. He Thought Yunho seen Karam would cheer him up and send him into a better mood.

 

“Later…..

 

“It will only take a minute  of your time Yunho, I’m sure a minute won’t….

 

“Later Jaejoong I don’t have time I need to get these done before tomorrow,” Yunho walked out of their bedroom and walked toward his office, Jaejoong following behind him, slightly annoyed ,Yunho didn’t have  the time to spent even a minute to spare for his son. Even a minute, He didn’t want Karam to feel let down.

 

“Do you want to talk about?”

 

“No

 

“Yunho….”

 

“What Jaejoong...What?” Yunho sighed. “Look I need to get these done.” Yunho pushed his hand through his hair in frustration, He had an issue at work he needed to be resolved before something went to print. Noticing Jaejoong was still in the office he looked up. Jaejoong had his arms crossed his eyes not leaving Yunho.

 

“I can help…..”

 

“Jae this isn’t your problem….

 

“But if I could help….

 

“It’s not that easy…..

 

“Then show me……

 

“No Jaejoong you wouldn’t understand,  go look after Karam or something…..” Yunho was tired he just wanted to get things done before tomorrow. The way Yunho spoke to Jaejoong, was ticking him off.

 

“What’s your problem…..?” Jaejoong asked his tone changing. “Don’t take you anger out on me Yunho, All I asked was for you to seen you soon for a minute. If it’s bothering you so much why don’t you talk to me instead of shutting me out? I know you take everything onto yourself but you don’t have to…. Let me help if I can,” This was one thing Jaejoong hated about Yunho personality. He knew Yunho work hard but he didn’t have to take everything on himself. He probably should have walked away but he didn’t.

 

“What Jae,What?” Yunho shouted, “Can’t you see I’m busy.”

 

“All I asked for, was five minute of you time, for you to spend even that time with your son  to look at his drawing that he worked on, is that so hard?” Jaejoong face showed all his emotions.

 

“Fine….” Yunho stood up, “It’s only a bunch of scribble anyway. Yunho spoke out he didn’t look pleased, he was just about to reach the door when Jaejoong stopped him grabbing his wrist and whirling him around so he was facing him. He pointed his finger at Yunho.

 

“Don’t you dare, Karam spent hours on that for you and for you to push it aside like it means nothing.” Jaejoong shouted, “Don’t you dare show the foul mood you’re in, to Karam…. He’s being smiling since I pick him up for dare-care; he was looking forward to showing it to you.”

 

“Just forget it, Jae….”  He tried to get Jaejoong to let go but he wouldn’t.

 

“Why are you been so pig-head……?” Jaejoong shouted back. “Don’t have time for you own son…..

 

“Forget it Jae?”

 

“Forget what Yunho…. That your not interest in what your son did today.” Jaejoong spoke. “What is work that important….. Even if you could tell me what got you like this maybe I could help what?  You won’t even tell me what up,” Jaejoong was livid. “Just tell me what’s wrong, Can’t you just…

 

“Jae… would you stop butting in, what do you want me to do….” Jaejoong stood back hearing Yunho shouted. Jaejoong was furious. “Look I’m tired of this, it's been a hell of a long day…. And I really need to get this done.

 

“Then let me….

 

“Jaejoong GET OUT Of MY OFFICE, I’m busy…. Karam will understand……” Yunho lost his cool, he hadn’t meant to shout and his word came out all wrong, “Please can you leave me alone…..

 

“We’ll sorry to be an in convince…….” Jaejoong shouts back at him. “Sorry for caring for your son's feeling.”

 

“Jaejoong why do you even care it’s not like you’re his Umma….?” That did it; Yunho knew it the second the words left his mouth. He hadn’t meant it, but it was too late to take it back and the word were still coming, he didn’t have the time to deal with Jaejoong so he pushed Jaejoong out of his office slamming the door behind him. “I need to get my work done.” Jaejoong stood outside the door fuming he turned opening the door.  He walked straight up to Yunho, his voice quite but was going to get his words across he didn’t need to shout to make himself heard.

 

“You listen to me Jung Yunho…you can shout at me all you want I don’t care. Some advice if work is not going your way don’t take it home with you and don’t you ever take your son for granted do you hear me. The least you could have done it spend five minute with your son.” Jaejoong told him, “I may not be his mother but I seem to care more out him that you do. I’ll explain to Karam his father is too  busy to spend a second with him.” With that, Jaejoong left the room slamming the door behind. His hand still on the door handle he took a deep breath before walking downstairs. His heart almost broke seening Karam at the gate leading upstairs holding his drawing wondering could he show his father.  Jaejoong bent down to him smiling as he spoke softly.

 

“Appa  a little busy at the moment, but he can’t wait to see you’re drawing and told me to tell you  he's see it as soon as he’s finished..” He tipped Karam nose. “You‘re Appa told me to give you this.” Jaejoong kissed Karam cheek he couldn’t help been thankful Karam had no idea what the shouting was about. Jaejoong held back what he was feeling only giving the toddler smiles and kisses, Mrs Jung was across the hall having heard the argument. “Appa said you could have a treat come on….”Jaejoong led the toddler to the kitchen, Mrs Jung following. Jaejoong hand Karan his treat with a smile before Yunho mother spoke to him she could see he was upset and who could blame him.

 

“I’ll have a word with him….? What he said to you was uncalled for,” she spoke softly.

 

“It okay….  I don’t care if he said that to me… what’s matter to me is he doesn’t even have 10 minutes to spare for his so was that to much to ask.

 

“Jae…..

 

“Really it okay…. He’s just had a bad day that all.”

 

“Still that no excuse for him to speak to you like that.” she took hold of Jaejoong hand.

 

“Umma it okay….” Jaejoong told her. “Really…Umma I’ll deal with it. Karan how about we read a book and get you ready for bed. Mrs Jung knew Yunho words had hurt Jaejoong. But she would respect Jaejoong and what he wanted.  When Jaejoong left the kitchen Changmin walked in,

 

“What was that about…..?” he asked droping his bag on the table. “Jae Hyung looks upset…..

 

“Your Hyung being pig-head that’s what!” She looked annoyed.

"Oh....." Changmin eye followed Jaejoong up the stair before turning to his morning.

"Is their dinner for me.......?"

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

Yunho you're an idiot..... That's all I have to say to you.

 

 

Comment for the next