Chapter 9

Times To Love Again

Un-beta

Chapter 9

 

“Where have you been I haven’t seen you for over a week?” Jaejoong looked over the rim of his glasses at the one who spoke. “Where you sick? Or was it because of the photoshoot…. Okay, it was me who pushed Yunho to use you. But I though you have amazing features…

“Junsu stop…. It's nothing like that, more like I was under house arrest because of a bump on my head.” Jaejoong spoke out remembering the week he was forced to stay and his bosses home. Though later  on Yunho was rarely seen as soon as Monday came around going to work though he told Jaejoong he was  to have a few days off just to be sure nothing went wrong with the head injury, As much as he protested he’d go home. Yunho nor his mother would let him leave their sight, Yunho mother was very insisted about making sure he was cared of. Jaejoong smile remembering it he’d forgotten what it was like to have a mother. It away he was envious of Yunho. As Much as he hated to admit it, It fact he enjoyed been around the Jung Family.  For one thing, they were very welcoming towards him.

“Junsu, could you go through my schedule for today?” Jaejoong looked through his email for the past week he missed noting all the important things to do.  He could see the project he came up with Yunho that night was well under way when he got back. Junsu read out a list of things he needed to go through only stop at the end. “Almost forgot this is for you for the photo shoot.” Jaejoong took the envelope opening and selling it soon after.

“What this for….?”

“For been are model?” Jaejoong held out the envelope, “You didn’t think we wouldn’t pay you for it did you.”

 “I can’t accept this its way to much?” Jaejoong told him, he wasn’t sure about accepting the money yet Junsu just held his hands up.

“all I was asked to do was give it to you!” Junsu told him. “Bring it up with Yunho.” Jaejoong didn’t know what to do. For that morning Jaejoong had placed the envelope in his top draw ignoring it. Around Lunchtime he walked the let of the company to Yunho office. Speaking to the reception only to learn Yunho was in back to back meeting for the day. He left the envelope with her along with a large bag informing to give it to Yunho. It was Jaejoong way of Thanking Yunho for looking after him last week.

“Jae…. Do you want to go for a drink today?” Junsu asked around leaving time.

“Rain check I have to go somewhere…

“I’ll hold you to that do you know how many time you’ve used that already” Junsu waved by as he made his way to the door. Jaejoong waved back. It wasn’t like he lied he really did have somewhere to go. He wrapped himself up before leaving the office. He passes by a few shops before stopping at one.  He entered the shop and meet a nice fragrance of Flowers. His eyes scan the shop which was fully in bloom with varieties of flowers.  The Shop owner stopped beside him.

“What would you like this week?” She asked giving him a heart-shaped smile before greeting him.

“Not sure… I’m just looking to see if something calls to me.” The Girl looked at him, “You get the same flower every week.

“I guess that the one that calls out to me…more?” He smiled, “Could you get a bunch ready for me.  She nodded leaving Jaejoong as he strolled around the shop his eyes locking on one type of flower. He was so busy eyeing the flower that he didn’t realize that  someone stood behind him.

“Fancy meeting you here…?” Jaejoong almost jumped out of his skin as he turned.

“Yunho?” he spoke…

“What brings you here….?” Yunho asked.

“Flowers….!” Jaejoong answered wasn’t that obvious. “And You…?” Jaejoong walked over to the counter were his own bouquet was been made. He took out money as Yunho came up behind him. “Statice…. You like this flower?"

“More to the meaning behind it,” Jaejoong paid the woman. Yunho had seen these flower a lot in the last year.

“Same time next week…?” She smiled at Jaejoong as he nodded turning to Yunho. What bring you here Yunho?”

“Umma Birthday I get her Flower every year.” Jaejoong looked too the flower Yunho was holding.

 “I’m sure she’ll love them,” Jaejoong answered as Yunho paid for his own following Jaejoong out.

“Can I give you a lift?” Yunho asked looking at Jaejoong.

“No you’re alright I’m only going down the road a bit.  Jaejoong bowed his head “Goodnight Yunho.” Yunho felt like he wanted to stop Jaejoong but when he looked at Jaejoong he felt his breath stop.

“Jaejoong come to my office tomorrow 9 am I want to discuss something with you,” Yunho called after him He looked at him through the mirror. For soon realised he found himself following Jaejoong.

****

Jaejoong laid the flowers beside the edge of the road. Yunho realized where this was Taeyeon died here he could never forget. He held the wheel tightly looking at Jaejoong before he knew it he was out of the car and walking toward where Jaejoong was. “Why?”  Yunho asked.

“Why are you here?”

Jaejoong just stared at him.

****

They were sitting in a coffee shop across from where it happen Jaejoong was looking out the window when Yunho returned with two coffees. “Here?”

“Thanks,” Jaejoong cupped the mug in both hands as Yunho sat down. Where should he begin… he looked out the window. “Do you bring flower every week.” Yunho had stopped by this spot many times in the last year, noting the new set of flower laid beside the road. He Assumed they were left by someone but Jaejoong… He looked to Jaejoong.

“Yunho is there something wrong?” Jaejoong asked.

“No…

“Where you following me…?

‘No….the flowers you bought were my wife’s favorite.” Jaejoong looked down into his coffee. “It was you wasn’t it?” Yunho asked. “You’ve been leaving these flower here…”

Jaejoong nodded he wasn’t sure why Yunho looked so upset.

“Why?” Yunho asked.

Jaejoong shrugged his shoulder, “You remember me telling you I witness an accident when I arrived in Korea.” Jaejoong looked down. Yunho couldn’t think as Jaejoong continued. It was awful, I didn’t know what to do but found myself trying to help. There was a car overturned, a woman was trapped… she was so scared he was speaking to me. But I couldn’t understand what she was saying. I tried to reassure her that help was coming.” Jaejoong placed the cup down looking at his hands. Scars still visible to the eye…., “Her hand was cold. But she held onto my hand weakly asking me something repeating. She was asking was her son okay….

“You got him out of the car didn’t you…?” Yunho asked. Jaejoong nodded.

“I tried to show her…. I’d only let go of her hand to get the baby. But when I look back…she… she ….” Yunho got it even if Jaejoong wasn’t able to say they right words.

“You were with her at the end….” Yunho watched as a single tear fell from Jaejoong eye he wiped it away.

“I couldn’t do anything for her…?” Jaejoong spoke out. “She…

Yunho took hold of Jaejoong hand looking at the scars he hadn’t seen them before, “Not your fault… what matter what you were with her at the end, and I’m sure she was more than happy you were with her and held her son.” Jaejoong thought about it. He took his hands back wiping his eyes. “I think of her family every now and again wondering if they have moved on, I  hope they were happy.” Yunho looked as Jaejoong.  “I went to her funeral…. I wasn’t supposed to…..go I was intruding while the family was grieving. It was devastating.  Jaejoong didn’t remember him from the funeral, But Yunho remembered him. He just wanted to be sure it was Jaejoong. Yunho squeezed Jaejoong hand before pulling  out his wallet. He held out a photo to Jaejoong. “My Wife…Jaejoong looked at it. “You gave me Chrysanthemums at the funeral…..?” Jaejoong looked up.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________-

Finally getting somewhere

 


Comment for the next....