Chapter 13

Times To Love Again

Un-beta

Chapter 13

Yunho made it home that night to a house in darkness, he hadn’t expected anyone to be still up. He took a detour to stop by Jaejoong home to pick up a few thing he figured Jaejoong would need while he was in hospital, He left the bag in his car planning to visit the hospital tomorrow morning.

“Yunho we need to talk….?” Yunho stopped in his tracks on the stairs looking at his mother who had from his view been waiting for him to come home.

“Umma what are you still doing up?” Yunho stopped and turned   before walking back to his mother.

“I want to speak with you about today…!”

“Umma I understand…. I realise what I did… but it was a matter of…em

“I’m sick to death of your excused Yunho, is your son that unimportant to you?” She raised her hand to her head. “How much more time are you going to do this to Karam. He deserves a father, a father that love and devotes his time to his son…

“I know….

“Do you…. Karam was the last child at day-care today. When you called… what if I wasn’t around to help Yunho. I won’t be around forever you know. Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been easy Yunho. Okay, we gave you time, I know Taeyeon death affected you Yunho but it affected us all. Karam doesn’t understand why his mommy not around anymore he’s two years old and he needs his father, not grandpa and Grandma a father you. Karam is so young he won’t remember his mother but that for us to tell him, you have to valve what’s still here Taeyeon would want that too. What you have to do, need to do?

“I’m sorry Umma…. It’s just taken me time to work through things…

“And I get that… but Karam needs you. You need to work harder for his sack.” With that  said,she kissed her son's cheek. “I love you Yunho we all do we only want what best for you I want is what’s best for you and Karam. I know it hard…”

“Go on it late… let go to bed…” his mother told him.

His mother had a point, a point Jaejoong shared his own opinion in a few time himself. He walked up stair past his room to his son room to his surprise Karam was standing up in his crib. “Hey, what are you doing up…. Grandma under the impression your sound asleep,” Yunho lifted him up and held him. “Appa Sorry Karam, it's taken Appa a while to realise what he has and should be forcing on …..Don’t worry Umma it Heaven won’t have to worry about us for much long. I’m going to do my best Karam.” Yunho picked up Karam favourite toy from the bed. “How about you sleep me tonight I could really us the company.” Yunho lay on his own bed with his son watching him and he lay down his head. Hopefully, he’d be putting the right foot forward from now on.

****

Jaejoong was awoken to the sound of a phone ring he turned slightly, a shadow passing by his closed eyes. He opened then slowly following the sound of the voice at it left the room. Jaejoong eyes were only barely open when the person returned looking over at the bed Jaejoong lay on, his expression filled with worry. It took Jaejoong awhile to fully awake, Jaejoong opened his eyes softly, blinking sleep out of his eyes. The dryness stinging in his eyes, He glanced to where the light was coming through the window.  Yunho was leaning his head again the window looking out he hadn’t realised the little figure in his arms.

“Yunho?”

Yunho turned in a second, “Hey feeling better?” Yunho walked over to the bed. A little figure looking around,

“Okay, I suppose,” Jaejoong told him he tried to move but all it did was inflict pain.

“Is it painful…?” Yunho asked.

“It hurt a little but I can handle it.” Jaejoong looked around looking at the small child. “What time is it?”

“Almost three,” Yunho told him. Jaejoong wondered had he really slept that long.

“You’re not in work?”

“I took a day off; the place can run by itself,” Yunho told him. Doctor said you’re doing a lot better since yesterday. You have to take thing slow but you should make a full recovery. Jaejoong eyes travelled to flowers on the bedside table.

“Did you?”

“Karam though you seeing some flowers would cheer you up while you’re in hospital while your recovering, I know how much you hated hospital.

“It’s not that I hate them it just every time I’m in one… I lost someone.” Jaejoong told him, “thank you for the flower both of you.”

“Jaejoong I know this may be too soon for me to ask while you’re recovering, but I…I want us to…that is” Yunho was trying to find the right words “Don’t get me wrong I’ll probably make a lot of mistakes and I do come with a lot of Baggage. I don’t plan on hurting you again but…..” Jaejoong couldn’t help but laugh ignoring the pain Yunho softly gazed at him. Jaejoong was pale but beauty in his eyes.

“How about we do this one step at a time…..” Jaejoong spoke out, “How about a date when I get out of here…”

“Really?”

“If you want to ….. You can also bring Mr Cutie on your lap too unless it past his bed time,then you should be at home with him and watching him sleep. He in this too and I wouldn’t want either of us to forget that.”  Yunho wanted that he nodded. For five days Jaejoong stayed in hospital recovery.

****

By Monday he was finally able to go home, under the instruction of taking things easy. Which he planned to do, He was waiting in a wheelchair outside the front door of the hospital as Yunho pulled up his car up. Yunho go out, helping place Jaejoong things into the boot before helping Jaejoong into the front. Yunho said he would take him home enough thought Jaejoong said he’d get a taxi.

Karam was giggling happily in the back when Jaejoong looked behind him. “Did you come to pick me up too…” Jaejoong smiled looking toward Yunho as he got back into the car. They were only a few minute into the drive when Yunho asked, “Did you need to pick up anything before I drop you home? Or want me to pick up stuff for you like Food….Etc, maybe we could have something to eat.”

“I’d like that…  But I’ll come to…. I do need a few groceries… you can push the trolley.” Yunho laughed.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way,”

“I dread to think what my fridge looks like, could we go  somewhere close to a pharmacy I need to pick up this prescription too.”

“On the list,” Yunho told him.

They manage to get all the groceries Jaejoong needed, they even left Jaejoong prescription into the pharmacy. Yunho had offered to bring the groceries  back to the car while Jaejoong sat in a chair beside the  Pharmacy waiting to be called to say his prescription was ready. They were planning to get something to eat after. Jaejoong was interacting with Karam in his buggy.

‘Kim Jaejoong.” Jaejoong stood up feeling pain, It was only natural…. He took a breath and walked up to the container paying for his item.

“Jaejoong….”

Jaejoong turned his hand on the buggy. “Mrs Jung.” Her eye travelled to the buggy and then back to Jaejoong. The exited the pharmacy together Jaejoong took a seat on a bench beside Mrs Jung holding his side. He had to be careful of the stitches she spoke to him.

“My son hasn’t dumped my grandson on you, has he? If so I’ll be having words.

“No, not at all. Yunho been kind enough to pick me up from the hospital and help me get a few things for my apartment.”

“Were you ill dear…. It wasn’t from the head injury was it?” She asked almost worried.

“No… no that fine…..my appendix burst…. I’ve been in Hospital for a few days. Yunho and Karam have been keeping me company.”

“Really?” Yunho hadn’t said anything to her, Jaejoong nodded. “When was this?”

“Last Wednesday…. Yunho realised I didn’t look to well in work. I’d left early I thought I just need some rests. Turns out it was really serious, if it wasn’t for Yunho following to my apartment I may not be here.” Mrs Jung heard Jaejoong words, that was the night Yunho called her to pick Karam up. Why didn’t he say something to her?

“Where my son now…?”

“Taking groceries to the car…we were going to get something to eat before Yunho dropped me home.”

“I see…..” With that said, she saw her son.

“Umma…?” Yunho called out shocked.

“Good afternoon Yunho, I was just having a nice chat with Jaejoong here.” She stood up. “Well, I should  leave you to it. Jaejoong please don’t be a stranger…. How about dinner this Sunday.”

“Hmmm. He looked to Yunho….

“Would you like to….?” He asked.

“That would be great….

“Good I’ll feed you up…. See you Sunday.” Yunho turned his head watching his mother leave before turning to Jaejoong.

“Did you wait long….

“No, you mum kept me company….. “He laughed, “she though you dumped Karam on me.”

“Really?” Yunho understood why he would have gotten another lecture.  But Jaejoong continued

“I should have told her about the time I took Karam from your office and how much you freak out at me…..?

“Please don’t…..” Yunho laughed, while Jaejoong was been playful.

“Really…. but shows how much you really think of your son.” He looked down are Karam. “Well,Karam and I are starving where should we eat?” Jaejoong held up his arm so Yunho could help him up, His other hand on the buggy.

 

 

 

______________________________________________--

I can understand Yunho mother concern....

Hopefully their relationship works out

 

 

comment for the next