Chapter 9

The Imperfect Me

Please don't cry, Ara! Please don't cry!

I couldn't afford to cry here. It would only show him that I'm weak! I'm starting to change for the better thanks to my friends! I can't waste all my effort to overcome my fear of being around people. I looked at him. He was smirking victoriously. He was happy to see me suffering like this. I can't let him do whatever he wants! He can't ruin my highschool life like this! 

"Yah, why are so such a pathetic person?" he said as he pushed me. My basket fell causing the items to roll out. Ah! How embarrassing...

"Junhyung, don't you know it's rude to embarrass a girl in public?" A deep voice appeared behind me.

Wait, that voice sounded familiar. I know I've heard it somewhere! Someone tall appeared in front of me, completely blocking me from Junhyung. He seemed like a very tall person. I took a peek at who it was. Kris Wu? Why is he here? Oh no. More people were starting to look at us. Well, he is good-looking after all. He attracts the attention of every girl in the supermarket. I was starting to get more and more embarrass. Should I just run away now?

"Hyung! Well, what a surprise to see you here! You know that girl?" he asked while giving me a disgusted look.

"No, of course, I don't. But I don't like seeing girls getting bullied, especially when it is in such a crowded place. It is just a disgusting sight for me," Kris sneered at Junhyung. I heard girls squealing. He did sound like a typical hero from a drama. I didn't expect this from him. Junhyung seems to respect him too.

"Of course you wouldn't be friends with a girl like her. What was I thinking? Fair enough! I would go away now," Junhyung said. I heard some girls laughing at the comment that he made. He gave me a glare and left the supermarket.

Kris then turned and scanned me from head to toe. I got slightly uncomfortable knowing that he was looking at me. I avoided making any eye contact. It was way too intense. Without saying anything, he just left.  Huh? As he walked away, the group of girls who were staring at us started following him. He left me confused for a moment. Was he checking for injuries?

"Uh, thank you for just now!" I said as I bowed to him though he can't see that.

He stopped for a moment, and then continue walking. WAIT, didn't he hear me thanking him seconds ago? He just ignored me and walk away. I was being nice to him. Oh well, I'll just assume he can't hear me due to the number of girls squealing around him, saying how he was really cool and stuff...

"Ahhh, my items are on the floor! It's such a mess!" I whined while looking around me. What a day I had today. It started really well but that rude Junhyung just had to ruin it.

I bend down and start picking up my items on the floor. Nobody even bothered helping me. They were just looking at me like as though I was an exhibition. I must have looked like a really pathetic person to them. Maybe if I was a pretty girl, then they would help me? Since I'm just average and ugly, they wouldn't even bother helping right? Nothing is new to me. I'm so used to this kind of treatment. I'll just have to deal with it then. So why are my eyes becoming watery? Ara, get yourself together. I kept chanting those words to myself.

After picking up all the items, I then continued looking for the other items in the shopping list. It didn't really take long. I paid for the items and then head back home.