Chapter 21

The Imperfect Me

What should I do now? I can't walk away since Kris already saw me. If he chases after me, it will make things worse.

"Ara, why are you standing here?" Luhan asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. Since when was he beside me?

"Uh, nothing," I replied while trying not to make eye contact with Kris. Why was I hiding about Kris from Luhan anyways?

"Looks like it is about Kris, huh?" 

"Wait, how do you know?" I asked in confusion. 

"He's walking towards you now," Luhan answered. Oh man! My worst fears have came true. 

"Hey, Ara. Why were you just standing there? I hope you weren't planning to ditch me," Kris asked. I could literally feel the heated stares from the girls around me. It was even worse than just now because Luhan is here as well. Luhan has his own fair share of fangirls that I definitely do not want to get invovle in. I already had enough when his fangirls pushed me into the dusty cupboard in class. I had enough receiving hate letters from his fangirls.

"Haha, no. I am definitely not trying to ditch you. I was talking to uh- Luhan here," I answered.

"Oh, hey," Kris said to Luhan.

"Hi," Luhan replied. 

"If you would excuse us, I'm going to get frozen yoghurt with Ara since she owes me one," Kris said as he dragged me away from Luhan.

Oh no! Kris is definitely making it worse by dragging me by MY ARM. I think his fangirls definitely wants to cut my arm away. No!! I heard someone running towards us. Don't tell me its one of his fangirls. I'm preparing myself mentally for any attack but nothing came. I looked up and saw Luhan instead. I tore my arm away from Kris.

"I hope you don't mind me joining you," Luhan said.

"Well, I certainly don't remember inviting you," Kris replied as he glared at Luhan. Now, they are having a glaring contest and I'm feeling awkward standing in the middle. I need to stop this somehow.

"Uh, guys. Let's go together then. The more the merrier right?" I asked while trying to lighten the mood. Seeing that they won't move from their positions, I walked ahead of them. Finally, they broke of their stares and followed suit. 

"Oh ya, Luhan. What about the others?" I turned around to ask him. 

"Oh, I told them that I had something else to do and went ahead," he shrugged.

"Yeah, 'something else', huh? Like what? Inviting yourself to follow us when you were not even invited?" Kris said sarcastically.

"Come on. Don't be so salty about it. I bet you forced Ara into getting you frozen yoghurt. And anyways, Ara invited me, right?" Luhan smirked while looking at me.

Oh gosh, this is going to be a long day...