Chapter 5

The Imperfect Me

After what felt like years, school finally ended. Phew! A big relief.

"Hey Ara! Do you want to come eat with us at a restaurant nearby? It has really good food! You should really come!" Luna invited me.

"Really? I can?" I asked.

"Of course you can, silly! Why would we say no to our own friend," Xiumin said as he ruffled my hair.

I blushed slightly and felt my cheeks warmed up a little. I love it when someone especially my ideal man does that action, affectionately, of course. The reaction I had just now was really odd. Oh no! What is wrong with me? Am I not feeling well? I kept staring at the floor. 

"Ara! Earth to Ara! Are you up for it?" Tao asked as he snapped his fingers.

"Ah. Um... Yes! I'm up for it. Just give me a minute. I'll inform my mother about this."

Me: Mom! I'm going out with my friends to grab some food at a nearby restaurant! Can I go?

Mom: Of course you can sweetheart! I'm glad you made new friends. Cherish them okays? Love you! :D

Wow that was a really fast reply from mom, considering she was such a busy person. I guess she must be quite worried about me being in high school since she knows that I wasn't treated really nicely in middle school. 

"My mom said she is fine with me going out. Let's go then," I informed Luna. 

We then set off to the restaurant. It was really a big group of us walking to the restaurant. I felt odd. This is my first time going out with my friends. Everything is a first for me. It was a really nice feeling. As I was walking, a deer approaced me. Well, not an actual deer, it's just the person reminds of a deer. Why am I always comparing people to other animals and food again? Such creative imaginations I have. 

"Hey! I am Luhan! I see you have made friends with Xiumin and Tao. That's good to hear. Let's be good friends!" he patted my back.

"Uh, sure! Hi Luhan! I think you know my name already. My name is Ara. Glad to be friends with you. You know, this is my first time going out with a group of friends after school," I told him.

He seemed to be quite surprised.

"Is that so? What would be the reason though?" he asked me.

He seemed genuinely curious. I wasn't sure whether I want to tell him just yet. What if what I say would just make them disgusted of me? It is really embarassing to talk about how a loner and a loser I was in the past. I looked at him for a moment. He seems nice. He doesn't look like the kind who would judge people based on their past. He does give a comforting aura though. I don't feel intimidated by him. Should I just tell him?

"Umm, Ara. If you are uncomfortable talking about it, it's okay you know. I won't force you. It's your choice," Luhan informed me.

Just then, I felt a weight on my shoulders. 

"Okay, Luhan. Don't make her uncomfortable." It was Victoria. She gave the motherly vibes and I instantly felt better. 

"Hey, don't mind Luhan. He is always like that. Prying into people's matter. He really should stop doing that," Victoria said.

"No, no! He is not really forcing me to say anything. It's just that I am not prepared to reveal my past. I feel quite pathetic about my past self. I just don't want to talk about it just yet," I told her.

She gave a sudden hug and I was shocked at first. But soon, I became less tense and hugged her back. Such nice and caring friends I have. I felt loved from the friends around me.

"Don't say you are pathetic. You are none of that, definitely. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. You can tell us anytime. We will lend our ears and shoulders just for you, okays?" she assured me.

I gave a slightly nod. What did I ever do to deserve them? Luhan then approached me again. He gave me a pat on the head. Oh gosh, why do these guys like patting my head and ruffling my hair? I blushed again. My head has got to be one of my biggest weakness ever.

"Aww! You are so cute when you blush!" Luhan teased me. I think my face just turned another 50 shades of red. (geddit, geddit XD)

Victoria knocked Luhan's head with her fist. "OWW! What was that for?"

"Stop teasing her will you. Come Ara. Let's avoid this guy and go to the restaurant."

I gave a slight chuckle and got pulled my Victoria. Two more friends made! In just one day, this has got to be the best day of my life! :D