Chapter 7

The Imperfect Me

I heard a voice that seems to come from a male. It sounds so soothing. Like as though it was just serenading me. Though he only said less than 10 words.

"May I take your order please?"

I turned to the direction of the voice and I gasped. Oops! Maybe it was a little too loud? Since a few of them actually chuckled at me. Damn! That was so embarrassing. I can't help it since the waiter so was good looking! I thought the girls were exaggerating about his looks. But it seems like he is on another level of good looking! How can someone be that good looking? Just then, a wild Luhan face appeared in front of mine. 

"Uh, Ara. You're staring a bit too long. He already took our orders, it's your turn!" Luhan told me.

I think my face just turned very very red, as red as a tomato. The waiter just chuckled. I guess he was used to this kind of reaction. 

"Uh, I'll just have this and a coke please," I said while pointing to the menu. He noted down what I wanted, kept all our menus and then he proceeded with his other duties.

"Ohhh! Ara seems to have a HUGE crush on the waiter! She's so cute!!!" Luna teased me.

Victoria, Sulli, Krystal and Amber were agreeing to what Luna said and were giving me the mischevious look. Oh gosh! These girls!! Can they not make me any more embarrass than I already am?

"Oh come one, Ara! You can do better than that! I'm pretty sure, I'm wayyyy good looking than him," Tao said and make cutesy faces at me.

"No, Ara! I'm wayyyy more cuter than this panda!!" Xiumin joined as he puffed his cheeks! Oh how I want to pinch his cheeks! So cute!

Without even realising, Chen and Luhan also joined making cute faces at me. Are they trying to compete to see which is the cutest? Honestly, they are all too cute, I can't choose one! I then look at Lay for help. He just chuckled and shrugged.

"Lay is the cutest to me," I said, which made Lay quite surprised. I gave Lay a slight bow as a way of apologising for using his name. He seem to understood the situation and just went on with what he was doing (spacing out).

"Hey! That's not fair! He didn't even do anything!" Luhan complained and pouted.

"Come on, guys! You guys are young adults. Act like one please," Amber nagged.

Thanks to Amber, everyone calmed down. We didn't realise that we were talking too loud that people were turning to look at us. Such a rowdy bunch of friends I have but I never regretted making friends with them. Our food arrived shortly after we ordered and we continued eating. I was quite disappointed since that good looking waiter wasn't the one who served us. But I tried not to make it obvious to everyone. I do not want to bare another round of teasings from them. While we were eating, we share some interesting things about ourselves. I got to know everyone better. We took turns talking and very soon, it was my turn.

"Ara, it's your turn now. Anything interesting about yourself that you would like to tell us?" Victoria asked.

"Umm, I don't really find myself interesting. I'm a really boring person honestly. Just a plain and simple girl. It's even a miracle for someone to even find me interesting," I told them.

They stayed quiet for a moment. Just then, Lay speak up.

"Ara, don't ever say that about yourself. Others may say that you are boring but never let that affect you! What matters are the people around you! You don't have to get the whole world to like you. As long as the ones near you love you as who you are, that is already more than enough." 

The others just nodded in agreement and smiled at me. All their smiles are warms and comforting. Without realising, I had tears in my eyes. Tears were flowing non-stop. It was such an ugly sight.

"Ara! Why are you crying! Lay, look at what you did! You made her cry," Tao panicked as he tried to look for tissues.

"Uh! I didn't mean to Ara! I didn't mean to make you cry! Sorry Ara!!" Lay apologised profusely.

"No! No! It wasn't your fault at all. It's just that I am so happy! I didn't know what I did to deserve you guys! But you guys are the best!" I said.

They all then calmed down after what I said. Some of them chuckled at me. After I dried my tears, we continued eating. Once we finished, we all paid for our food and left the restaurant.

"Oh, by the way, Ara. I saw the waiter's name! His name is Kris Wu! I'm sure you are thankful that I got his name right?" Chen teased me.

I, again, for the nth time blushed. 

"Okay guys, enough teasing Ara for today. Let's all go back home!" Victoria said. Thanks Victoria for always saving me from this bunch of naughty boys.

They are all going the same direction except for me who stayed a bit further than them and Xiumin who stayed near the restaurant. Luhan did offer to send me back home but I declined since I didn't want to trouble anyone. Luhan protested but I insisted that I could go back home alone just fine and in the end, he gave up. I'm thankful that he is really a gentleman (though he teases to often). While walking back home, I received a message from Mom.

Mom: Ara! I'm sorry but do you mind stopping by the supermarket to help me buy some groceries?

Me: Sure mom! I'm just finished lunch with my friends. Heading over to the supermarket now!

Mom: Thank you so much!! Love you darling!! ^^

"Hey Xiumin, I need to run some errands. See you tomorrow," I turned to Xiumin and waved goodbye. He smiled and left.

I then went to the supermarket that is close to the restaurant. I didn't expect such an encounter there.