Chapter 26

The Imperfect Me

"Where is he?" I wondered as I sat at the bus stop nearby our school. It was Saturday, the day we promised to meetup and study together at Luhan's house. Luhan told me to wait at the bus stop at noon. It was 10 minutes past noon and I still saw no sign of him. And it didn't help that Xiumin is here with me as well. When we met each other at the bus stop 15 minutes ago, he was smiling from ear to ear and I know the reason behind that smile. He waved to me and sat beside me. He was kinda giggling to himself and I find it a bit creepy for him to do that. His phone beeped and I assume it was a message from Luna since his eyes sparkled upon looking at the screen. Seeing him this happy, I couldn't help but feel happy for him too though I was actually feeling a bit down. I wondered, if it was me, would he be smiling like that too?

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that?" I asked him though I know the reason behind it. I asked because I can't stand the awkwardness, though I don't think Xiumin felt awkward because he did not know about my feelings for him. 

"Oh, nothing. Just saw something funny on the phone," Xiumin replied while giving me a nervous smile.

"Ara, Xiumin! Sorry I'm late!" I heard Luhan shouting while running towards the bus stop. I saw him trip and he almost fell flat to the ground if not for his good reflexes that kept prevented him from falling. I shook my head from side to side looking at this clumsy person in front of me while Xiumin laughed so bad. He gave me an embarrassed smile. 

"I thought you said meet you at noon. It is already 15 minutes past noon," I said while raising my eyebrows at him.

"Sorry, I was waiting for the others to arrive at my house first. They took their own sweet time. So, you see, it's not exactly my fault that I'm late," Luhan reasoned out. He looked at me with innocent eyes and I gave in. 

"Fine, let's go," I said. Luhan gave me a smile and lead the way to his house.

Luhan and I walked side by side while Xiumin was behind, smiling at his phone. Luhan, of course, found it weird how Xiumin was acting like that. He had asked Xiumin why he was acting they way he did and all Xiumin replied was "Nothing.". But it was obvious to Luhan that it was definitely NOT nothing. In the end, Luhan gave up asking. I wonder if Xiumin or Luna are going to tell the others about them being together. I wonder if my heart could take it. Nobody else knows I like Xiumin apart from Kris so it would be weird if I started crying or something. 

Soon, we reached Luhan's house and it was a tad bigger than mine. I expected his house to be a mansion or something since he gave me the impression of a rich kid. The same impression I had with Kris. I just had the impression that almost all of my friends are rich people but I guess not. 

"Welcome to my house, guys. The others are waiting in my room. Let's go!" Luhan said as he dragged me through the entrance, giving me only little time to take of my shoes. I almost tripped over my own foot as he dragged me. Xiumin went ahead to his room. Seems like Xiumin had been here quite a number of times. I watched Xiumin light steps to Luhan's room. I think he was practically skipping to Luhan's room. He must be really excited to see Luna. Luhan brought me out of my thoughts as he dragged me to the kitchen. A lady wearing an apron was washing the dishes in the kitchen and I assume it was his mom. I have to admit that her mom was a very beautiful lady. That must be why Luhan's really good looking as well. He must have gotten those good genes from his mother.

"Mom! My friend is here. Her name is Ara," Luhan said.

His mom turned around and gave me a warm, motherly smile and I immediately felt comfortable around her. Which is weird because I tend to be really scared and awkward in front of people I've met for the first time. It will take me a long time to get comfortable around new people. I gave a smile to her and bowed. She approched me and gave me a hug, something that shocked me even more because I actually didn't mind that she hugged me.

"Well, hello Ara! Welcome! I heard a lot about you from Luhan. He talks about you every day!" Luhan's mom revealed. 

Luhan talks about me all the time to his mom? I turned to Luhan with my eyebrows raised. Luhan just gave me a nervous smile as he scratched his "itchy" head.

"Mom! I don't talk about Ara every day! Stop exaggerating! Let's go to my room, Ara!" Luhan said while his face turned red and he dragged me to his room. While I was dragged away, I heard his mom giggling in the kitchen. She must really enjoy teasing Luhan. 

Luhan opened the door to his room and I was pleasantly surprise to see how neat and big it was. Big enough to fit in the 12 of us. The others were either lying down on his bed or sitting by the study table that was set up on the floor in the middle of the room. Once I entered the room, we all sat around the study table and took out our materials. A knock on the door was heard and Luhan's mom entered with some fruits and snacks. She placed the snacks in the middle of our table and wished us luck studying. We thanked her and she left.

However, before we could start, Luna spoke up.

"I have something to tell you guys."