Chapter 3

The Imperfect Me

Oh man! What's with this awkward seating arragement? Why is Luna sitting so far away from me?

I was sitting in between Victoria and Amber. And sitting directly opposite of me is Luhan. I kept looking down as I was really uncomfortable. I heard someone cleared his/ and I lookep up. It was Luna. 

"Hey hey! What's with this uncomfortable and awkward atmosphere. This is so unlike how you acted just now. Come on, let's queue for our food and then we can get to know Ara better while eating. Let's go!"

Everyone seemed fine with that suggestion. Some of them went ahead to queue while some of us stayed behind. I felt someone looking at me and I turned to the person sitting diagonally in front of me. Oh, what puffy cheeks! I really want to squeeze them! When he realised that I knew, he looked away. Oh no! I don't know how to start a conversation? What should I say? This is getting worse than I thought. I thought I could finally start making friends. Didn't know that making friends was such a difficult task. Oh no! What should I do? 

"Ehem. Hi. Just in case you forgot, my name is Kim Min Seok, but friends call me Xiumin. You can call me that too."

Oh, I guess he sensed that I was panicking and decided to initiate the conversation. Wait, did he just say friends call him Xiumin and I can call him that too? Does he consider me as a friend despite just meeting me minutes ago.

"Haha. Yes, I do consider you as a friend. I can see that you are a nice kid. It's nice meeting you."

Wait, how did he know what I was thinking? Am I that obvious? Did I unconsciously say that out loud? Can he read minds?

"Don't worry. I can't read minds. It's just that your face expressions really tell what you were thinking. Don't have to feel uncomfortable around me," he assured me.

"Oh. Uh, hi. I'm Kim Ara. Nice meeting you too. Did I really make it too obvious that I was uncomfortable? I'm so sorry!" I uttered.

"There is no need to apologise for that. It's not your fault. In fact, I think we are the ones at fault. We didn't really welcome you just now," he said.

As I was about to reply, the group came back to table with their food. The rest of the group, including me, went ahead to buy our food. Xiumin approached me and we talked to each other while making our way to the food stall. We talked a bit about our likes and dislikes. It was a really comfortable experience talking to him. Didn't know that he talks a lot too. I can't believe I actually manage to make friends in high school. This might be a good start for me. I really have to thank Luna! Without her, I don't think this is possible.