Chapter 18

The Imperfect Me

Oh no! It is too soon for me to die! I don't even get to say I love you to my mother and brother! I didn't even get to thank my new group of friends! So unfair! I just made friends with them a few days ago and now I'm going to get kidnapped?

I started walking as fast as I could. As I increased my speed of walking, the footsteps behind me got faster too. Is this person chasing after me? While walking, I tried to take out my phone to call my mom. Then all of a sudden, I felt a pat on my back. OH NO NO NO!

"You walk fast for someone with short legs," that person commented. Urgh.. It's just him. Scared me for nothing. By the way, what is he doing here?

"Yeah, I know I'm short, Kris," I replied as I turned around. 

"Good that you know," he joked. Seriously, I can't handle him at all.

"What are you doing here, anyways? Are you, by chance, walking me back home?" I asked.

"No, I was going to the convenience store to buy something that I have forgotten after looking for my brother. Wait, you really think that I'm gonna walk you back home?" he asked while smirking.

"Uhhh, no, definitely not," I said while I felt my cheeks burning up. Good thing it was dark so it wasn't visible.

"You must be totally smitten by me, right? Admit it, you have totally fallen for me," said Kris.

"Are you being serious now? Why would I like you? Forget it, the convenience store is to your right. I'll go ahead now," I said as I quickened my footsteps.

I heard him chuckled as I walked away. Seriously? Did he really think I would like him? Yeah, he saved me a few times, but that doesn't make me fall for him at all. His way of talking just annoys the heck out of me. 

"Oh, come on, Ara. I was just joking. Don't have to get so angry, you know," he said as he catched up. It didn't take him much effort though since his legs were long. 

I ignored him and carried on walking like as though he wasn't even there. 

"You like Xiumin, don't you?"

That made me stopped walking. How did he know? 

"I saw your interactions with him in the cafeteria. I wasn't stalking you at all, FYI. It was just a coincidence. The way you interacted with him definitely looked like as though you were having a huge crush at him. You should have seen your face when you're talking to him. You were smiling so big and your face was so-,"

"Enough, Kris. I had enough of your nonsense. You know what? Just leave me alone and keep that mouth of yours shut," I shouted in frustation and walked away from him.

Why was I so mad at Kris? It's not like he did anything wrong. He was merely stating what he saw. But did he really have to remind me? It hurt me so bad after what happened in the bus. I found out he had been in love with my very first friend for a very long time. I don't want to have any conflict with them at all. I don't want us to be awkward and I'll be alone all over again just like before. But my heart felt like it was stepped on a million times. Maybe Kris was right, I did like him. I did not expect myself to like him in such a short period of time. I shouldn't have liked him , I really shouldn't have. Aish, my tears are falling again...