Chapter 15

The Imperfect Me

Class decoration progress have been going on quite smoothly. With all of us present, we managed to complete quite a number of decorations, from the teacher's table, to the locker (with a dent, thanks to Kris) and even the noticeboard at the back of the class. There was a vast difference on how the class looked on the first day of school as compared to now. And I'm really proud to say that I have contributed to this change. It is of course thanks to my dear friends who are willing to welcome me into their group, thus allowing me to do this kind of stuff. I have always wanted to decorate a class when I was in junior high but they didn't want me to help them. I, myself, didn't know how to approach them so I decided to just let it go. By the time we finished decorating the classroom, it was already in the evening. We packed up our stuff and left school.

"Ara, are you sure you are okay?" Luhan asked me again for the nth time

"Yes Luhan. I'm fine. Why do you insist that I'm not fine?" I asked him, to which he kept quiet.

Well, at least that kept him quiet.

We walked silently to the bus stop since everyone was really tired. Xiumin and I took the same bus while the rest took a different one. When my bus arrived, Xiumin and I waved goodbye to the rest. Luhan almost wanted to board the bus but Victoria manage to drag him off. Why is Luhan so clingy? And since when is he so attached to me? We sat at the back of the bus. The atmosphere started getting a bit awkward. It was like as though there was a thick tension around us. Or was it just me? I look at Xiumin and he looked perfectly fine. In fact, he looked really handsome. I can see the beads of sweat on his left temples and how his face was a bit flushed (maybe it was because of the weather?). I can see how sharp his jaw was, and how it contradicted with his chubby cheeks. How can someone be cute and handsome at the same time? Well, Xiumin of course.

"Are you done looking?" Xiumin asked jokingly.

Oh snap! I must have stared at him for too long! 

"Uhhhh, isn't your stop the next one?" I asked, in attempt to distract him.

"Yes, it is the next one but it is going to take another 10 minutes," he told me, obviously not distracted by what I just did. Oh no, what do I do know? Think of something, Ara! 

My face must have been as red as a tomato by then.

"Oh, you thought I was looking at you? No, no. Ummm... I was looking at what was behind you," I told him.

"I see, must be really interesting then. What did you see?" Xiumin asked. I'm trapped! 

"Nothing much. Just looking at the lights of the buildings as the bus pass, it is quite soothing you know," I lied to him. 

"Oh, I've got to agree with that." 

"Umm, Xiumin, this might be really random, but what do you think of Luna?" I asked. URGH ARA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? 

"Oh! That was really random," he seemed really taken aback. Oh well, that is a new reaction I've ever seen from him.

"I was just curious. Luna has been really nice to me. She was the first one to approach me. I really appreciate everything that she did for me. Without her, I wouldn't have known all of you guys. I wouldn't have such a nice bunch of people around me. It has only been a few days but I felt like we have known each other for months or even years," I explained to him.

"Well, that is true. Luna has been really nice to everyone she's met ever since young. I've seen her grow up ever since we were in middle school. She would occasionally say hi to me and we would talk about the randomest things. It was like as though we really clicked. The funny thing was, she didn't even recognise me when we entered junior high. It can't be help since I was really chubby in middle school. I worked out a lot and I look like this now," he told me.

"I didn't know that! I salute you for persevering through all that. It must have been really tough right?"

He nodded and continued, "We went to the same junior high school. She approached me and the first thing she told me was, "You look familiar." I chuckled and reminded her that I'm Xiumin. Her reaction was the funniest. Her jaw looked like it was going to dislocate anytime soon. She got so excited and hugged me. You know what? When she hugged me, I felt like the happiest human being on earth," he admitted.

Ouch, I heard something crack. Must be my heart. Why oh why am I like this?

"Wow, you guys must be really close to each other then. Luna has told me many good things about you. You guys would make a cute couple," I jokingly said.

What I didn't expect was for him to blush several shades of red. That is a totally new reaction from him. I've never seen him like this before. I really shouldn't be like this but looking at him blushed really made me feel down. It made me regret bringing up this topic. I really shouldn't have. I felt like someone was stabbing my heart repeatedly. It felt like someone was squeezing the life out of me. 

"Really? You think so?" he asked me again. There goes my heart again. PLEASE STOP.

"HAHA, I guess so. Oh look! Your bus stop is here!" I told him as I urge him to leave.

"Chill, chill Ara. I'm not going to miss my stop. See you tomorrow!" he chuckled and left.

I waved him goodbye. I felt something wet drop on my hands. Oh, why am I crying?