Chapter 27

The Imperfect Me

"I have something to tell you guys," Luna said and I froze. Is this it? Is she going to reveal it to everyone? That she and Xiumin are together?

I gave her a knowing look and she just smiled and winked at me. Oh man. Is she really going to reveal about her relationship with Xiumin to the others? If she did tell the others, then it would not be a secret anymore. Which means, both of them can be lovey-dovey all they want in front of us. I wonder if I can take it seeing them being lovey-dovey with each other in front of my face. I'm suppose to be happy for them but I just can't. I think I'm being such a brat for feeling like this. When can I finally get over Xiumin? Why must the first person I ever like, like someone else. And that someone else just happen to be my close friend? How unfair...

"I got a new pet kitten!" Luna revealed. Wait, what?

"Omg! I want to see it! Bring me to your house!" Victoria squealed.  Victoria must really like cats (and so do I.)

Luna passed her phone with the photo of the kitten to Victoria and the others crowded around Victoria to take a peek at the kitten. i saw a glimpse of it and it was really cute. It was a grey munchkin, the one that I really want to have but due to my sensitive nose, my mom didn't allow me to have a pet cat. I approached Luna while the others were busy pushing one another to take a look at the phone. 

"I thought you were going to reveal about your relationship," I told her.

"Nah, Xiumin and I are planning to tell them but not so soon. We want to keep the relationship to ourselves for now. You are the only one who knows about us. I trust that you will keep it a secret from the others okay?" Luna whispered to me and I nodded.

"Watcha guys talking about?" Luhan asked as he suddenly appeared beside me which surprised me.

"Can you not appear beside me all of a sudden?" I complained.

"Haha, sorry. So what were you guys talking about?" Luhan asked again.

"Girl talk. None of your business, Luhan," Luna replied curtly while sticking out her tongue at him. Luhan pouted upon hearing that and he went back to his seat since he didn't get what he wanted and he knew he wouldn't get what he wanted anytime soon. Luhan is such a child but I found his actions really cute lately and that surprised me. I was really annoyed with him at first. But I think I grew used to him acting like that around me and now, I didn't really mind all the pouting and pestering though I have a certain limit to how much I can handle him. I guess I am getting really attached to the group of people around me already though I've only known them for a short while. I don't ever want to break my friendship with them, ever. It would really break my heart if we were to be separated from each other.

After all the distractions, we finally decided to study. Luhan sat beside me and helped me with my Mathematics, the subject which I'm weakest at. Biology was my strongest subject. Luhan explained what formulas I had to apply for certain questions and he was really patient with me as it took me some time to understand what he meant. He encouraged me when I was having difficulties and dropped hints here and there to help me. He told me to take note of the keywords that could help me with solving the problems and becuase of that, I could finally do most of the problem sums without much difficulty. I was really thankful that he was willing to help me. I was doing so many problem sum that I did not realise I had spend almost 2 hours of non-stop studying. I put my pen down on my notebook and stretched my body a little. Just then, the door opened and Luhan's mom entered.

"Kids, I've prepared some food for all of you. Come down to the kitchen to eat," Luhan mom told us.

"Thank you!" we thanked her. 

"Come on, guys. Let's take a break and eat. We'll continue later," Luhan told us. He turned to me and gave me a knudge. 

"Good job, Ara. You deserve a break after all that Math," Luhan said and he ruffled my hair. He then walked out of his room to follow the boys to the kitchen. Since when was was he that cool?

Just then, I felt another knudge beside me. It was Luna and she was giving me a smile, a mischevious one.

"I think Luhan likes you." Without even giving me time to react, she dragged me to the kitchen. WAIT WHAT? HUH?