Chapter 25

The Imperfect Me

"Nice choice of song," Kris commented. Nice choice of song? Really now? When you are sending me to my death...

I rolled my eyes and snatched my earpiece away from him, putting it back to my ear. I then decided ignored him throughout the ride back to our bus stop. But obviously this guy didn't want to let me be in peace. He kept on bugging me, knudging my elbows saying that it was because of the bus that ke kept bumping into me. But so far, I don't think the bus drove over a bump. My mood to listen to music was gone by then so I decided to put my earpiece away. He grinned victoriously since he managed to annoy me. Didn't he realise the stares that he was getting from the girls in the bus. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep so he will not bother me any further (but I know he will eventually end up annoying me anyways.)

"Omg, who is that handsome guy over there? And who is that girl beside her?" I overheard the girl nearby asked her friend. I took a peek at who was talking and they seem to be talking about Kris and me. Both of the girls were from our school since they were both wearing the same school uniform as us. Ah crap, here comes the gossiping part... I sighed and closed my eyes again as I listen in on their conversation. Honesly, I didn't want to listen to those useless rumous, I just couldn't help but listen to it because of my curiosity. Stupid right? 

"How can you not know him? He is the hot guy everyone is talking about in school. His name is Kris. That girl next to her? She is the girl that was desperately trying to make a move on Kris," the other girl replied. 

I opened my eyes and saw the girl giving me a disgusted look. Upon seeing me looking at her, she immediately turned away. Right, now they are saying I am trying to make a move on Kris? And I was desperately doing that? In what way am I making a move on Kris? And why would I make a move on Kris anyways? I don't even like him and we are not even close to friends. They don't even know what was going on and they made assumptions? But then again, what's new? These rumours are so annoying but they don't even bother me as much as they used to last time.

"She's trying to make a move on Kris? Omg, but I heard from a classamate of mine that she was flirting with Luhan!" the girl whispered to her friend.

"Obviously, it didn't work out with Luhan so she is trying with Kris now."

"What a joke. She's not even pretty and I heard she has a really bad personality. She should get that into her head that nobody would like her."

I almost wanted to roll my eyes at them. I know I said these rumours don't bother me as much since it was based on nothing but just assumptions. But no matter what, it still hurt my feelings.  I know, I'm weak right? I felt the sting in my heart from the comments and I was getting more and more upset as the girls giggled among themselves while talking badly about me. I bit my lips and clenched my fist hard to prevent tears from forming in my eyes. At least the pain can distract me from crying. I didn't want them to know that I was actually listening to their conversation. I closed my eyes again.

"Hey, are you okay, Ara?" Kris asked. Oh, I almost forgot that Kris was beside me all along. Wait, did he by chance heard the conversation of the two girls?

"Yeah, of course I'm fine," I replied without looking at him.

"You sure? Your hands are super red now. Now, stop clenching your fist. You don't want a bloody hand right?" Kris said as he looked at my hands that were forming fists. He took my hands and straightened my fingers to prevent myself from getting injured. With that action, I looked up at him with a blank stare. Why was he being nice to me?

"I heard what they said. Don't mind them at all. Those are just baseless rumours. I know you are not that kind of person. I know that you know you are not that kind of person. You know yourself best," he said as he put my hands back on my lap. He gave me a pat on the shoulders. Was Kris comforting me? I stared at him for while. I wasn't use to him being this nice to me and this made me feel a bit awkward. He then minded his own business, leaving me with my own thoughts.

The bus soon arrived at the bus stop and we alighted the bus. He waved me goodbye and walked away from the bus stop.

"Kris!" I shouted. He turned around and raised his eyebrows.

"Thank you so much for what you did just now," I said and bowed. He gave me a small shrug, signalling it was nothing. I gave him a small smile, turned and left.