Chapter 24

The Imperfect Me

"So... Ara, how are things going with Xiumin?" Kris asked as we walked side by side to the bus stop.

"For once, could you stop asking me about Xiumin?" I snapped, completely annoyed by him as it was none of his business. With that, he fell silent. The walk to the bus stop was quiet and awkward. Maybe because of my sudden outburst, Kris do not want to piss me off any further. 

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you," I muttered since I couldn't take the guilt of bursting at him and he shrugged at me indicating that it was fine with him. 

"Forget about Xiumin, when are you going to meet Mark? He really wants to see you," Kris said. I'm glad that he won't pester me about Xiumin anymore. I think I had enough for today.

"I miss your brother and I want to see him soon too. The thing is, I'll not be free for this weekend though," I informed him since I'll be going to Luhan's house on Saturday and I want to spend time with my mother on Sunday.

"Hmm, how about you follow me to his school on Monday? I'll be fetching him from school. I think he'll be really happy if you fetched him from school," Kris suggested. I was contemplating the idea of fetching his brother from school since Kris and I are not even close to each other. I feel like its awkward. It would be fine if I was Kris' girlfriend (which I will never be). Are we even friends with each other? I feel like we are more of aquintances. We only went out together today because I want to repay him after helping me out a few times.

"Okay, since I helped you for a few times, you should at least do this favour for me? Well, not for me, but for Mark," Kris said after seeing me contemplating for quite a while. 

"Fine," I agreed and he smiled. Wow, he looks much better when he smiles. OMG. Snap out of it, Ara!

"Great! Then, it is settled. Look, our bus is here," Kris said as we quickened our footsteps towards the bus.

When we boarded the bus, I could feel the stares from the girls in the bus. They were whispering and giggling like idiots. Urgh, so annoying... They were obviously oogling over Kris. To avoid any attention, I pretended like I did not know Kris and sat at the back of the bus. I avoided making any eye contact with Kris. Unfortunately, Kris did not seem to understand why I was acting like that and decided to sit beside me. OMG. This guy really wants me to get killed.

"Can't you sit somewhere else?" I mouthed to Kris while trying not to make it obvious that I was talking to him.

'Why should I?" he shrugged and ignored me.

Since he did not want to move, I decide to ignore him throughout the ride back home. I took out my earpiece and plugged it into the handphone. I scrolled through my music library and nothing really appealed to me at the moment so I decided to shuffle my playlist. I looked out the window and watched as the bus passed the buildings and soon enough, I was daydreaming. But I was brought out of my daydreaming, thanks to the person next to me. He took one of my earpiece and put it in his ear. Are you kidding me now? 

"Nice choice of song," he said and I stared at him like as if he was a crazy person. I'm dead meat...