Chapter 28

The Imperfect Me

"Girls, take a seat at the dining table," Luhan's mom urged us as she put down the food on the table.

It smelled really good but I was too distracted but what Luna had said just now. And just by luck, I was sitting beside Luhan. I'm afraid I will act a bit too odd in front of him now. I saw Luna giving me that mischevious smile again. Luna, you are so gonna get it from me later! I gave her a warning look and she just giggled and shrug her shoulders. How can I stay mad at her?

"Hey, you've been staring for quite a while now? Everything okay?" Luhan asked. I looked up in surprised and made eye contact with him, after which I quickly diverted my gaze away from him. His mom just happen to hear what Luhan had said and gave me a worried look. 

"Is everything okay? Do you not like my food?" Luhan's mom asked in worry. 

"Oh no no. Everything is fine, Mrs. Lu! The food looks really delicious," I replied quickly so as to not get misunderstood.

"Phew! I was afraid that my food was not to your liking. I wouldn't want to upset my future daughter-in-law right?" Luhan's mom said while winking at me. Huh??? 

After finally making sense of what Luhan's mom had said, I felt my face heat up and I think I turned several shade of red. I think I might have looked as red as a tomato. I looked up to Luna and she was giggling with the other girls. She mouthed, "Told ya, so" to me. No way, there is no way Luhan could like me right? What is so good or charming about me anyways? I cannot find any qualities of mine that can even be considered good.

"Mom! What are you sayingg?" Luhan exclaimed and he, too, turned several shades of pink. 

"Oh my! Luhan, you were planning on courting Ara?" Tao exclaimed as he stood up from his seat. 

"Stop it with your nonsense, Tao," Luhan shut Tao up before Tao could spout anymore nonsense. With that, Tao pouted and slowly settled down in his seat. He then continued eating as though nothing had happened. Such a kid.

"I'm just kidding, dear," Luhan's mom pat my head as she giggled after teasing me.

"Mom, don't do that to Ara," Luhan whined to his mom. His mom just shook her head and left the us to eat. 

"Uhh, hey, Ara. Don't mind that, okay?" Luhan assured me. I could hear his voice shaking a bit. Maybe he was just nervous after all that teasing. Well, it was just a teasing, it cannot be real that Luhan likes me? I shold not get ahead of myself or I'll end being embarrassed. 

I just nodded while making very short eye contact with him to assure him that everything was fine. Any longer eye contact with him and he would see just how red my face is. Now that I realised, everyone is eating quietly. I looked up and they were all just silently enjoying the food that they were eating. It is so odd to me considering how they are usually a noisy bunch even while eating. They must have been really exhausted from all that intense studying. After eating all those really delicious food, we continued studying till evening. We then decided to call it a day. The other headed off first since they stayed in the same area. Xiumin decided to tag along with them. They did find it weird why Xiumin would want to tag along with them since he lives in a different area but they just decided to go along with it. But it is obvious to me that he wants to send Luna back home. So now, it will be just me walking to the bus stop alone.

"Mrs Lu, thank you for the good hospitality and the food. It was really delicious," I thanked her.

"No problems, dear. You are welcome here anytime," she said and offered me a hug. I went into her warm embrace. She released me and I went out the door.

"Wait, dear! You are walking alone?" Luhan's mom stopped me. I turned and nodded in response.

"No, that can't do. It's dangerous for you to walk alone at this time. Luhan! Can you accompany Ara to the bus stop?" Mrs Lu called for Luhan. 

"Oh, Mrs Lu. You don't have to worry. I'll be fine," I assured her but she was not satisfied. I definitely want to be in an awkward situation with Luhan. Unfortunately, Luhan ended up walking me to the bus stop since his mom was really adamant. So, now, we are just walking in silence to the bus stop.

"Xiumin is such an . He knew you are going to be alone but he still chose to tag along with the others," Luhan blurted all of a sudden.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure he has his reasons," I convinced Luhan.

"So, you are going to meet Kris next week?" Luhan asked which got me taken aback for a while. How did he know? Oh wait, he was there. 

"Yeah. I'm just returning a favor," I replied.

"What did you do to the point where you have to return a favor to him? How mant favors do you owe him anyways? He is not bothering you in any way right? He seems to be around you a lot nowadays," Luhan stated which made me realise that indeed, Kris had been around me often for the past few days. The number of coincidence is unreal.

"Nothing major. And he is not bothering me, Luhan. Don't worry," I convinced Luhan. Why was he so worried that Kris is bothering me anyway? In fact, he even followed Kris and I when I wanted to return Kris' favor. Could what Luna said be true? Okay, let's not go there. That is highly impossible.

"I can't help it but be worried okays? You're my friend and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. In fact, the others are worried about you as well. If he starts to bother you or you feel uncomfortable around him, please do tell me or any of the boys. We'll teach him a good lesson." Luhan said as he looked at me in the eyes. I could tell that he was genuinely worried for me and I really appreciated that. I nodded in response. Soon, we reached the bus stop and my bus reached soon after.

"Thank you so much for today. You really helped a lot with my math," I smiled at him and he smiled in return. 

I boarded the bus and sat down at the back seat. I took out my earpiece out and plugged it into my phone. I put the earpiece in each of my ears and closed my eyes as the music started playing. Soon, the bus took off.