Chapter 1

The Imperfect Me

Mike grabbed Anna's hands and made her face him. He hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go ever again. She has been holding it for so long and finally she broke down and cried, hiding her face on his shoulders. He patted her head as if to tell her everything was fine now. He released her from his embrace. They both looked into each other's eyes. No words were spoken. He then brought her closer and they kissed. 

"I love you, Anna."

"I love you too, Mike."

 

I closed by the third book I've read for the week. I've always been a fan of romance novel. All those fantasies that makes your heart flutter, I love them. I've always dreamed of a having a family, a husband who's cares for his family and has a stable income, and of course, having children who are smart. Obviously, these are just fantasies. Well, it's never wrong to dream. Though it is weird for a 16 year old to be thinking about marriage, right? And I am not in a relationship either, so romance novels are my solace. I looked up from the classroom floor which I've been unconsciously staring at after drifiting off to my fantasies. Hmm... The teacher's not here yet. Guess she is going to be late then. I shrugged and looked around the noisy classroom. This is only my third day of senior high school. Can't believe I've been in high school for two years. And I'm still a loner.

A group of boys were talking animatedly about a recent anime that was released. Beside them were a group of 4 girls were sharing the latest gossips that they have. They seem to be eyeing one of the girls another group. The girl seemed to be oblivious that she was being eyed at. I then decided to eavesdrop.

"Omg, girls. Did you know that she was so desperate for this guy from another class. The guy isn't even interested in her and she is totally oblivious about it! She is seriously so annoying! I can't stand being in the same classroom with her!"  

"I know right! I think the guy made it totally obvious that he was totally annoyed with whatever she was doing. I even saw him rolling his eyes at her!"

 

I looked at the girl they were talking about. She seems quite oblivious that there were people talking about her behind her back. She was animatedly talking to her group of friends. Apparently they were in a heated discussion about which Kpop group is better. I felt bad for her. She is a nice girl after all. She just can't help but to like that guy, right? I guess her way of approaching him is wrong. The girl then turned around and looked me in the eyes. I snapped out of my thoughts. I didn't realise that I was actually staring at her. She smiled and I just nod my head. She then returned to talking to her friends. 

Phew! That was close! I hate this habit of mine. I tend to people watch and would end up staring at them unconsciously. 

"Hey! Was that girl listening to our conversation? Who is she anyway? I didn't even know that she was from our class!"

"Oh, I think that girl is Kim Ara. Who would notice her anyway? I barely saw her talk to anyone during our orientation. I've only seen her reading books and creepily watching other people, like what she did just now."

"Ewww! That is totally gross! No wonder nobody wants to become her friend!"

I was surprised to hear my name but I tried my best not to look at the girls who were gossiping. That was the first time I heard someone mentioned my name, though it wasn't really in a good situation. Their comments hurt me but I maintained a straight face. I pretended like they weren't talking about me in the first place. Just then, the teacher walked into the classroom. Everyone rushed back to their own seats and class finally started. What a way to start my senior high school life. I hope that it will go smoothly just like the past two years!