It'll Work Out

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday arrived much too fast. "Hi, Seokjin," YoonGi greeted the man as he entered the restaurant, trying to sound as cheerful as possible though he might've been hoping Hoseok would show up alone.

"Hello, YoonGi, nice to see you," the man replied with a polite smile pressed to his lips as if it had just been dry-cleaned and ironed out. And then Hoseok walked in, hands in his pockets and a laid-back grin playing on his lips, eyes lighting up just a little bit more when he spotted YoonGi.

"Hoseok-ah," YoonGi said with a sigh and his eyes wide with hope, like he hoped he could fall into Hoseok's arms and stay there, hopefully look up into his eyes and hopefully forget about Seokjin sitting right there when they kissed.

. Why the was he so into Hoseok? He didn't even know the guy's last name. "Hey, YoonGi," Hoseok greeted the man cheerfully. 

"Hoseok, what's your last name?" YoonGi asked.

"Oh, I thought I'd told you. My name's Jung Hoseok."

Seokjin watched the conversation go by, nostalgia seeping into his mind and the smile he swore he didn't allow falling on his lips. The words had reminded him of his conversations with Namjoon before they had started dating. They'd both been too shy to say anything that might kick their friendship in the , scared of making things awkward, afraid that maybe they'd be rejected by the only person they actually valued.

How nervous and miserable we were back then, Seokjin thought while watching the two converse. It was obvious that Hoseok had a thing for YoonGi. The way he spoke about him, the excited giggle on the occasion of mentioning the cute things YoonGi could do, and sometimes JungKook even compared his admiration for that ballerina to Hoseok's crush on YoonGi. The question was: did YoonGi requite that love?

And with a swift fall into Hoseok's arms for a lazy hug and a few giggles on both sides, Seokjin knew he did. You dorks, why don't you just ask each other out and make out like the rest of us do? Namjoon would've said, and Seokjin would've rested his hand over the other boy's with a soft smile. We started out the same way, Namjoon. Let them figure it out. It's more romantic that way.

After his meal with Seokjin, Hoseok found himself walking his hyung back to his apartment. "You like him, Hoseok," the older stated casually. Hoseok's cheeks turned a pretty scarlet colour and he shivered at the feeling.

"Yeah, what about it, Hyung? You like Namjoon," the younger retorted. Seokjin chuckled.

"But we've been together so long that it's considered love now. Are you gonna make a move?" He asked. Hoseok felt his throat go dry as sand when he couldn't think of what to say.

"Umm... I don't know," he replied.

"So you two are just gonna dance around each other for the rest of existence?" Seokjin joked.

"I don't know if he likes me or not, Seokjin, so chill out," the younger hissed. Not thinking anything of it but the idea that Hoseok was on edge about YoonGi, Seokjin patted the boy's back reassuringly.

"It'll work out," he said.

Hoseok hoped to god it would. He couldn't find any confidence whatsoever when he looked for it, when he was busy giggling and stealing YoonGi's chair, to ask him out to dinner. All that came out was, "You'll walk me home, right?" from a glittering smile and an unknowingly nervous tone.

"Of course, I will," YoonGi replied with a giggle. "Now get out of my chair!"

"Never!"

Hoseok found himself chuckling as he recalled the situation while he walked to Room 103. When he opened the door, however

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter