Fairy Tales

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all YoonGi wanted to do, to disappear into Hoseok's arms and fall asleep with him somewhere soft, when the younger boy walked in with JungKook and both of them looked purely exhausted. "I see you brought someone new this time," YoonGi stated. Hyojin jumped up and stood next to him excitedly, ready to work like she never had been before. "Oh god, lay off, Dolly, that one has a crush on someone else," YoonGi whispered in her ear when she looked much too eager to serve JungKook. She pouted.

"Hey, YoonGi-Hyung. I didn't know you worked here, too," JungKook said as he sat down at a table. Hoseok came right up to the older and hugged him.

"I'm so dead, YoonGi-ah," he whispered. YoonGi laughed and nodded.

"Me too. Yeah, JungKook, I actually have three jobs. It's a miracle I haven't keeled over and died yet," he responded to the youngest boy.

 

"Hoseok and I danced until midnight last night. It was awesome!" JungKook stated excitedly, which led YoonGi to wonder if that's why his eyes were ever-presently dark and tired. Except Hoseok's eyes weren't supposed to be like that. Hoseok's eyes were meant to be bright and happy, not tired and drained.

"It was fun, sure, but it was exhausting," Hoseok returned. YoonGi felt his heart waver and hit rock bottom, and it surely showed on his face. Calm down, Min, you're starting to worry too much, he reminded himself.

"You know, if you want, we could head over to your apartment after this so you could rest-"

"No, I'm fine," Hoseok cut him off with a smile. YoonGi would have scolded him, pried further, glared at Hoseok for cutting him off, but he couldn't resist the boy's smile. And it was at that exact moment that he realized what vulnerability was, because he would drop at Hoseok's feet and worship him if all the other did was smile or hug him. And Hoseok could literally do anything to YoonGi and he wouldn't mind. Which meant only one thing: Min YoonGi was being ed over because he liked a boy who didn't like him back.

And he didn't have the heart to put the barriers back up, the ones that protected him from feelings, when Hoseok's eyes shone in a brilliant form of happiness as he ordered.

After serving the two, YoonGi noticed how talkative Hoseok was with the youngest boy, so he stood at the counter with Hyojin. "What the are you doing over here? Go entertain your-"

"He's already entertained. Look at him. He's chatting it up with Heartthrob Jeon JungKook, who can dance and charm people and do things better than me. Not that it's hard, really," YoonGi sighed disappointedly. Hyojin quirked an eyebrow.

"What are you talk-"

"Just look at him," YoonGi ordered quietly, careful not to catch Hoseok's attention. Hyojin rolled her eyes and glanced to the boys.

"They're just talking. Why are you being so ing dramatic?" She asked. There was a long silent pause, indicating the moments where Jimin crept into his mind and smirked. 'Still hooked on me, hmm?' And YoonGi was determined to push Jimin the out.

"'Cause I like him and I don't want him to leave," he replied. Hyojin giggled and ruffled his hair despite receiving YoonGi's death glare. "Do that again and I will not hesitate to rip your left arm off and gouge your eyes out with your own fingernails."

"You're precious, Min. Anyway, even though JungKook is kinda cute, I don't think Hoseok would go after him. I'm pretty sure he likes you. I mean, you do have a date Saturday, so..." She trailed off.

"Okay. That's okay, I guess," he responded.

That afternoon, Hoseok didn't follow him to the record shop. Instead, he walked JungKook to the dance studio. So YoonGi was lonely and bored, and Hoseok wouldn't answer his texts, but that was almost always a given. He wasn't sure what annoyed him more: Hoseok showing more interest in others or the fact that he was so ing bothered by it.

"You gotta be ing kidding me," a customer cursed beside him. And YoonGi swore that another day he wouldn't care, he'd just squish himself into the chair with Hoseok after giving up on fighting for it, but right now, he'd be nice.

"Is there something I can help you with, sir?" He asked politely.

Hoseok arrived 20 minutes later, spinning YoonGi around in the chair in the office, even though he seemed to be working on something on the desk. "What the is wrong with- Hey," he greeted the boy with a tired smile, moving his headphones off one ear. Hoseok raised his eyebrows, a loose grin on his lips. Sometimes, YoonGi almost got tired waiting for that moment where they could greet each other with gentle kisses.

"You don't look too happy," he answered. YoonGi rubbed one eye and looked back to the paper.

"No, no, I promise I'm fine. I'm just getting a little work done and-"

"But why?" He asked, inching his face closer to YoonGi.

"Not right now, Hoseok. I need this chair. Look, I have to get work done because I have three jobs and my boss wants me to help him with a job interview on Sunday and I'm sorta in the middle of this right now," YoonGi responded quickly, unaware of the Daegu dialect slipping into his speech as he turned back to the desk.

"Nice accent, where's it from?"

"Hoseok," YoonGi replied, looking up with a glare.

"Okay, chill out. I came to ask if you wanted to walk with me to the dance studio. YoonGi glanced at his work and gave him a regretful expression. "Okay. I could come back here and walk you home for once at say, 7:30?" He offered. YoonGi nodded. "I'll see you then. Work hard, YoonGi. Oh, and keep smiling, I like it when you smile," he stated just before leaning over and kissing the top of YoonGi's head.

Well, if there was anyone to blame for the stupid grin on YoonGi's face for the remainder of the night, it was Jung Hoseok.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter