In Love

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday was met with awkward smiles and teasing giggles when YoonGi saw Hoseok with Seokjin. There was a certain secrecy to the marks hiding just under YoonGi's shirt that made it feel like they were just a bit closer, with the moments shared between them that no one else (well, almost no one) knew about.

"Hoseok-ah, how was your day?" YoonGi asked cheerfully, which was rare for him because one could hardly have described YoonGi as a cheerful person.

"It's hardly started, but I think it'll go well if I can hang out with you," Hoseok answered as he ruffled the older's hair, and despite the normal reaction for most people touching YoonGi's hair was immediate injury, YoonGi just giggled and fixed his hair while he grinned.

"Okay," he answered, unable to think of any other words. Seokjin could see exactly how YoonGi melted over every word Hoseok said, and while he understood that they liked each other, he didn't quite get how someone like YoonGi could somehow be infatuated with Jung Hoseok's presence.

"So you want me to hang out with you at the record shop after your shift? First time in a while that we're both free and not sick, so-"

"I'd love it if you could come with. The guy we got the other day, Byungjoo, is gonna be there, but I don't think he'll mind us both. I'll tell him we're working on songs together and he'll let you in," YoonGi suggested, and Hoseok responded with a nod and a smile.

After YoonGi's shift, sure enough, there was a new guy at the cash register counter with a bright smile and too much happiness for the morning (though it must've been 1 pm by now), and his name was Kim Byungjoo. Hoseok flashed him a smile before YoonGi pulled him to the office at the back. The older looked to the top of the windows in the office and growled when he noticed there were no blinds for the clear glass, which meant that the two of them would be able to see outside the office, sure, but everyone outside the office could see them.

Not the best place to make out, that was for sure.

As YoonGi sat in Hoseok's lap and pulled open his song book, he felt strangely at home when Hoseok wrapped his arms around the older's waist and pressed a few subtle kisses against the side of his neck. YoonGi would have done anything to turn around and hug him if it meant he could be any closer to the younger that way.

"Can I read one of them?" Hoseok asked suddenly after twenty minutes. YoonGi's heart dulled at the question because though he would have loved to hand the book over to Hoseok and just watch him, study his beautiful features while the younger read through the words he'd put together, YoonGi couldn't. He didn't want to risk the chance that Hoseok would read the wrong rap and he'd ask questions about what Jimin really meant to him.

And all YoonGi would be able to respond with is that Jimin meant nothing more than the words on that page, possibly even less than the graphite of the pencil I used, Hoseok, it's not like he still matters.

"I'll let you look through it one of these days, Hoseok, but not today, okay?" YoonGi questioned, a sincere tone in his voice that Hoseok understood.

As time passed, YoonGi noted the dead weight on his shoulder of a sleepy Jung Hoseok. "You know, I might like to sleep, too, Hoseokkie," YoonGi sighed as he leaned against the younger's chest and curled up to face Hoseok, his back on the outside where the windows showed. Not like anyone would look in, anyway. The shop was almost empty and the only real threat of being detected lingered around Byungjoo.

YoonGi smiled as his eyes traced Hoseok's face. The younger was beyond adorable when he was relaxed and falling asleep. His eyes would pick up and droop closed again every few seconds, but YoonGi didn't mind. He could stay with the boy forever like this, in silence and in their own pocket of time, separated from reality and everything but each other. If YoonGi wasn't so damn afraid of getting hurt by the only boy who seemed to matter, he would've told Hoseok that he loved him.

"You're staring at me," Hoseok chuckled as he opened his eyes slowly.

"Can you blame me? You're angelic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter