Too Busy

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok pressed his lips against YoonGi's head as subtly as he could when they hugged Wednesday morning, because he didn't need hoots and roars of enthusiasm (or possibly boos) from both customers and workers, and Seokjin, even though everyone who knew Seokjin would know that he would just smile and chuckle and tease Hoseok about it later.

"Good morning, Hoseok-ah," he said cutely, even though everything he did could be considered adorable from Hoseok's point of view.

"Hey, YoonGi," he responded to the older.

As he sat down with his hyung, YoonGi tended to a few other tables and Hyojin was nice enough to wait on Hoseok and Seokjin's table. "Yeah, this is time of year, late November, where he gets super busy and I'm sorry about that," Hyojin told him. Hoseok waved it off dismissively as if it wasn't a big deal, even though it totally was and what if YoonGi worked himself too hard and did that affect his schedule so much that YoonGi wouldn't be able to make time for a second date?

"Hey, sorry, I couldn't talk to you or Seokjin today. The restaurant is getting sorta busy nowadays," YoonGi explained as they walked to the record shop. Hoseok nodded, hardly paying attention to anything but wording his next phrase.

"So YoonGi, are you too busy for a boyfriend? Because I just wanted to wait until I knew you a bit better, but if you're too-"

"Where d'ya get that idea?" YoonGi asked as he looked up with confused eyes, searching for an answer in Hoseok's face. He moved his hand around to link it loosely with Hoseok's just to show that there was something holding him to Hoseok.

"I don't know, you have three jobs and the only time we have together is during the day when you don't have time, and, I don't know, Hyojin said-"

"Don't listen to what Dolly says, okay? I want to wait for a little longer," YoonGi told him in a sweet, sugary tone. Hoseok couldn't help but smile because of how plainly cute he was; darling, precious, endearing, if there were words to help define him.

"So, you're not too busy?" Hoseok asked. YoonGi shook his head.

"No, but this week has been pretty hectic for me, so maybe we could do something next weekend?" The older asked. Hoseok pressed his lips together and shook his head.

"YoonGi, I'm so sorry, I have to help Seokjin with his stupid- I don't even remember. And I need to work on a few dances with two of my students. Can we do it the weekend after that?" Hoseok pleaded hopefully. YoonGi chuckled and nodded.

"Of course we can. I can't wait," he responded.

As they hung out in the office Hoseok shared the seat with YoonGi, letting the shorter sit on his lap while he hugged YoonGi's waist, peering over the older boy's shoulder at the page that he didn't feel like reading except to admire his dainty handwriting.

"YoonGi-ah, your handwriting is so much prettier than mine," he stated. YoonGi frankly very much appreciated the random remarks and sounds that Hoseok made to distract him from work and the lyrics he'd spent way too long on. He also loved the feeling of Hoseok's warm breath on his neck when he spoke, because it felt so much like the warmth he'd longed for, ached for, even, for such a long time that he'd forgotten how good it felt.

"Probably because yours would look like chicken scratch in Hangul," he teased, earning a disagreement from the younger before he sat up and kissed Hoseok's head, and he started writing again.

"You win this round, Min YoonGi," he giggled.

"Watch me win every round, Jung Hoseokkie," the older boy retorted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter