Crumbling Around Us

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyone with a mind could see YoonGi was miserable when he showed up to work the next Tuesday, with sunken eyes and forced smiles and his weak, exhausted coughs. It absolutely broke Hoseok's heart when YoonGi told him he couldn't hug Hoseok because he didn't want the younger to get sick. It didn't break his heart because he wasn't allowed to hug YoonGi; it was because YoonGi looked so sad when he said it. "Are you okay? Do you want me to walk you home after this?" Hoseok offered, but YoonGi shook his head grimly.

"You really should, YoonGi. You don't look well and you could get others sick," Seokjin pointed out, and before YoonGi could politely resist, Seokjin's cool hand was on his forehead. "Oh, yeah. Hoseok, you'll take him home instead of going to wherever you two end up going before you eventually show up at dance," he declared.

"I can't do that, Jin. I have work to do and-"

"Would you be a sweetheart and call me your manager? I can tell him or her that you can't keep working today because you're sick," Seokjin sassed back, blinking charmingly at the younger and grinning. YoonGi sighed and Hoseok shrugged, mouthing the word, 'sorry.'

"I'll leave after this shift, Hyung. It ends in 15 minutes or so," YoonGi responded as he left their table. Hoseok shot Seokjin a look.

"What? He could get people sick. Why don't you bring him up to your apartment so I can come up later and help-"

"Jin, don't be rude," he cut the older off softly.

"Well, I'm not being rude," Seokjin pointed out.

"Look, he's already exhausted. He doesn't need sass, especially not about his manager. You know what I mean?" He asked. Seokjin sighed gruffly and nodded.

"You should take him home, though. He could use some rest," he reminded the younger. Hoseok nodded affirmatively.

After his shift, YoonGi walked with Hoseok to the younger's apartment, refusing to hold his hand because as stupid as it seemed, that's probably how he would get Hoseok sick. "So, you feeling okay?" Hoseok asked, patting the shorter boy's head. YoonGi smiled at the ground.

"Eh, as okay as I could be for right now. I swear to god, it was probably Bumble- JungHwa. She has a cold and I was at her apartment on Saturday. She sneezed on me, the little brat," he said, giggling at the memory as Hoseok cracked up.

"Dongsaengs are always brats," Hoseok stated.

"Yeah, like you," YoonGi teased, earning a bump in the shoulder from Hoseok's hand.

"Yeah, but you like me," Hoseok said. And YoonGi should've expected the words would come out sooner or later, but he certainly didn't anticipate the conflict in his stomach, the butterflies making way for the loss of his soul, like someone told his secret, but he wasn't in first grade anymore, it's not like it was that big a deal. But somehow, he still felt awkward and  he could feel his nerves ing burning and his face had probably gone bright red.

Min YoonGi, you've literally made out with this man, more than once. Why are you so nervous right now?

"Damn it, Hoseok," he cursed under his breath, a smile - a goddamn smile - laced onto his lips because no matter how nervous he was righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter