In My Life

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next hour was spent watching a movie in YoonGi's living room, eating ice cream and cuddling on the couch under a blanket. "Hey, Hoseok," YoonGi said.

"Hmm?" The younger hummed. YoonGi looked up and thought for a moment what he wanted to say. If I told you to kiss me, would you do it? He wanted to ask. Unfortunately, he didn't.

"You're really cute," he stated. The younger smiled. "And you're really sweet. And funny. And you're super bouncy and happy and that always makes my day a million times better, so thanks for doing that for me," he added, the words gliding off his tongue as if he'd been meaning to say them throughout the night.

"Thanks for what?"

"Being in my life," he answered so easily, like he'd broken down all his walls and forgotten what it felt like to get hurt, even if he knew it so well. Hoseok's smile faded as it found its way to close the space between his lips and YoonGi's. But he stopped for a burning second, possibly to let YoonGi take a breath because god knows air would run out fast. But YoonGi couldn't think about anything other than how desperately close he was to Hoseok's face and though he'd be patient, he couldn't wait for the moment that would replace bad memories.

And there it was. Hoseok closed his eyes and suddenly, YoonGi was intoxicated. He'd missed this, the feeling of being a prince on someone else's pedestal. Seconds passed by fast, but he swore he couldn't tell because Hoseok's hand was sliding up YoonGi's jawline down to his neck and then to the back of his neck to close his fingers tenderly around the soft hair at the bottom. YoonGi placed words without sounds onto the younger's lips, unable to remember what he'd done with anyone else because Hoseok's image clouded his mind.

He felt Hoseok's tongue glide across his bottom lip, and he happily accepted, kissing the younger with enthusiasm. Hoseok surged with passion for the shorter boy, meeting every open-mouthed kiss with a sort of eagerness that had grown over the past month with YoonGi. He had to force down a smile as to not break their kiss, but he found that he didn't have to because YoonGi was the one to pull back with a soft giggle.

"You're a good kisser, YoonGi-ah," Hoseok told him out of lack of any other words.

"Thanks, you are, too," YoonGi answered, his smile too bright to remain on his own face as he'd obviously given some to Hoseok. "I know I look totally awake right now, but I'm actually really tired, so do you wanna go to my room now?" He asked with an awkward chuckle.

"Yeah, let's go," Hoseok responded, letting YoonGi pull him up off the couch.

The next morning, YoonGi smiled at a particular warmth he'd missed so much. Except this time, it didn't remind him of a love lost on rage and broken glass. "Good morning, Angel," Hoseok murmured with a sleepy smile.

"Hoseokkie," YoonGi beamed. The younger pulled him closer and kissed his head, trying not to giggle and be too weird about how small YoonGi was in his arms or how perfect he looked there, even with smudged eyeliner and tousled hair. Hoseok would give absolutely anything to kiss him like he did last night and admire the boy wedged in his arms at the moment. From this point, all he could see was YoonGi's smooth pale neck and shoulders, and maybe he'd been too sleepy last night to fully appreciate the image of YoonGi's body when he took off his shirt to get in bed because he looked so much more breathtaking right now. 

You're so ing cute right now just like you always are and I really like you, Min YoonGi, Hoseok thought as he grinned and held YoonGi a bit tighter, careful not to smother him or make him uncomfortable. Of course, he'd keep the words to himself because maybe YoonGi didn't mean what he said last night. Perhaps Hoseok would stay his friend just a little longer, float along with YoonGi without a label to see if it would work out. "Dinner was fun. Do you wanna get lunch? I think we've slept through breakfast," the younger chuckled. YoonGi looked up and met his eyes with a kind of confused and worried and urgent look in his slept-off-eyeliner eyes. Hoseok reflected his concern by furrowing his eyebrows before YoonGi s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter