My Wishful Little Liquor Bottle

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok sighed as YoonGi fell asleep again when JungKook came to pick him up for dance. The younger boy hung on the doorframe and sighed softly when he saw Hoseok. "You've got to get more sleep, Hyung. You look-"

"Move, JungKook," Hoseok replied. "YoonGi's sick. I've been taking care of him," he added in a possible explanation for his exhausted appearance.

"Yeah, it's taking its toll on you, huh?" The younger stated, a bit softer this time, and Hoseok wanted to believe he wasn't as pathetic as JungKook made him seem.

"Oh, don't put it like that. I like taking care of him. He's sweet," Hoseok responded, a small smile etched into his lips at the mere description of YoonGi. "He's a bit more subdued, you know, but he's so happy to see me and it's funny to see him so out of it."

"Well, Jin can laugh when he walks in to take care of him, let's go," JungKook replied, ushering him onto the elevator. "So how's he doing?" The boy asked, and Hoseok didn't expect the question to peg him harder than it did.

The seconds were still raw and vivid in his mind, watching YoonGi struggle against the sheets and pull at invisible restraints. The whimpers were high and hoarse on his low voice, an unnatural pitch and it hurt to listen to it. When Hoseok listened in, he pretended not to notice the dark ache in the pit of his stomach where pleasure usually lives when he heard the name of a boy that had ruined YoonGi. He ignored the tears pricking his eyes when he held YoonGi's wrists to keep him steady as if Hoseok had any clue what he was doing. He decided not to acknowledge the fact that YoonGi was hurting so bad and Hoseok was nothing but helpless to aid his fever dreams. But it brought him back to life, when YoonGi smiled at him and answered that he was alright.

Goddamn, YoonGi's smile could make a man believe that he was full when he was starving, that he was flying when he was grounded, that the crowd was roaring when no one was there. Was it all that wrong that Hoseok was a tiny bit obsessed with him? Was it wrong to love that man when the cosmos dimmed in comparison to his smile?

"Hello?" JungKook's voice was a sharp, distant reality that Hoseok was too lost to recognize until he felt JungKook hit him. "Wake the hell up. I didn't ask about your wedding with the guy. I wanted to know how he was," he added, pulling Hoseok off the elevator.

"We'd be wearing white tuxes, lilies and roses as far as the eye can see," Hoseok stated in a dreamy tone just to piss the younger off. In an easy reaction, JungKook scoffed and punched him in the arm again. "He's okay. As okay as he can be for right now. He hasn't thrown up yet. All fever dreams and various aches for now," the older said with some kind of positive tone in there. Probably.

As they got to the dance studio, Hoseok beamed as he found his students practicing on their own. JungKook, however, looked pissed as when he walked in and Nicole Jung was leading the class in his dance, the one that JungKook had choreographed and taught to Nicole "just in case" he forgot it. Of course it wasn't a ing "just in case" scenario, he knew that dance up and down, the chest pump at the third beat of the rap, the elbow move at the first beat of the second chorus, the power in his body that surged like electricity when the song went dead.

"Excuse me, Collie, this isn't your dance!" JungKook hissed as he turned off the music. Hoseok rolled his eyes at the younger; if he didn't get what he wanted, it pissed him off. Apparently, he wanted this dance. And surely, he had mispronounced her nickname on purpose, blaming it on his accent for labeling her as a breed of herding dog, replacing the "oh" sound with an "aw" sound.

"It's Nicole. I'm not a dog. You can call me 'Colie' if you'd like, JungKook," she exhaled with a soft smile. Thankfully, Nicole had a calm and laid-back California attitude and she was never one to let JungKook's misguided anger get to her.

"Okay, Class, since it seems we have a disagreement in this dance, let's try another one. Get to your place, JungKook," Hoseok ordered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter