Ballet

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing?" Seokjin asked as he watched Hoseok smiled like an idiot at his phone.

"I'm talking to YoonGi," he responded. The older rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious?" Seokjin muttered.

"Hyung, we're friends now. Give me a break," Hoseok told him, giggling to correspond to the new text alert sound. "He says work is slow and he's bored as ."

"Hoseok," Seokjin said firmly. Hoseok looked up with an innocent expression on his face before he groaned.

"Oh, come on, Seokjin. I have my own life and I can make my own friends," he assured the older.

"You saw his name in a letter. And when you saw him in a restaurant, you started hitting on him," Seokjin pointed out.

"Yeah, but we're cool now. We're friends," Hoseok stated. Seokjin sighed.

"Okay, Hoseok, I'll believe you, but don't.... Just don't do anything you'd regret," he advised. Hoseok nodded, except he didn't plan on following his words.

Later on, Hoseok left his mess of an apartment to go teach his dance class in downtown Seoul. He locked the door and got into the elevator, repeating his boring everyday routine. He stood there and waited, thoughts occupied with choreography and blank spots in his dance that he still had to fill, even on the way to the studio. The other teacher, Victoria Song, taught mostly girls (aside from two guys, one of which was also in his class) and her class ended at 5:30, which was just about now. Hoseok started his class at 6:15.

And knowing JungKook, that one boy who stayed after Victoria's class to either practice his dance or to flirt with a few of the girls who stayed just for him, he would be there and beg to make his own dance. JungKook was a good friend of Hoseok's, despite being a fair number of years younger.

The guy went inside, going to the second to last room, Room 103. Sure enough, there was JungKook, stretching on the ballet railings with two girls, one already dressed and holding her bag to leave. And she did, the second she spotted Hoseok. "Okay, bye, Hwayoung! Oh, Hoseok!" JungKook greeted the guy delightedly. The second girl looked over and smiled with a cute little wave.

"I better get going, too. I don't want to intrude..." She said shyly. Hoseok could see the horrified look in JungKook's eyes.

"No, you don't have to. I mean, it's only 5:45. My class starts at 6:15. Do you want to practice our dance in a different room or something? I have the song and everything," he told her, sounding almost too desperate. The smile faded off her face as she looked back to the floor.

"I really don't know... I mean, you could practice other dances..." She replied quietly. Hoseok was enjoying the awkwardness of this all, leaning against the door frame with a smirk on his face.

"I mean, if you really want to, but I need to practice my part and it would be more helpful if you were there, Seohyun," he admitted, a Busan accent begging at his teeth. What a pathetic excuse, JungKook, you could do better, Hoseok thought.

"It's ballet, JungKook, it's not that hard," she told him, almost inaudible. JungKook shot Hoseok a quick look and the older guy rolled his eyes, leaving to go into the dressing room.

JungKook was one of the best dancers he had and Hoseok could see straight through his excuses. Of course, he had never seen JungKook in ballet, but Hoseok knew for a fact that his bluff was just a reason to spend more time with Seohyun, a sweet and soft-spoken ballet dancer, whom loud, outgoing, and bouncy JungKook admired greatly. How sad it was that poor little Seohyun seemed to be quite introverted and Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter