A Picture Says More

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YoonGi was unbelievably giddy on the way to the restaurant, but he'd never let it show. All he'd show is the happy smile that lived on his lips whenever he saw Hoseok.

"There's the happy couple. He's cute, Hoseok, I approve," a tall man with light cobalt-blue hair and dimples greeted them at the door. He looked oddly familiar.

"Namjoon, not right now," Hoseok whispered with his hand cupped over his mouth as if that would keep YoonGi from listening in. The boy smiled at the attempt anyway. Namjoon smiled and led them to a table.

"It's a really nice place, I'll give you that," YoonGi stated as he sat down with Hoseok.

"Yeah, it is. Technically, it's Namjoon's dad's place, but he's one of the managers and I think he runs this place really well," Hoseok clarified.

For a few minutes, Namjoon watched them from afar, halfway making sure the service was the best it could be and halfway curiously inspecting the boys. Seokjin stood next to him. "I've misjudged YoonGi. He's a very nice boy," Seokjin said. Namjoon gasped and looked to his boyfriend.

"I've never heard you admit defeat before, Jin," he stated, earning a light-hearted elbow to the ribs.

"Shut up."

"See, I don't understand why they can't just ask each other out and make out like the rest of us do," Namjoon stated. Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"If you keep talking like that, you'll sleep on the couch tonight," he replied. Namjoon just smirked.

"Only if you'll come with me," the younger told him. Seokjin gave him a cute little side-smile, looking up into mono-lidded Korean eyes that he'd grown to love more than anything else in this world.

"No, I can't do that. If I do, then it wouldn't be punishment. It's supposed to make you not do it anymore," he answered, snapping like a twig when Namjoon pouted. He rolled his eyes playfully and intertwined their fingers. "It's a maybe. You're lucky I love you, Namjoon-ah."

"So why do you have to do three jobs again?" Hoseok asked, his words muffled through the food in his mouth. YoonGi giggled.

"You look like a five-year-old, Jung. Didn't your mom ever teach you not to talk with your mouth full?" The older asked. Hoseok swallowed and chuckled.

"Thanks. And of course she did, but I was never one to listen," he responded.

"Yeah, that's attractive," he said sarcastically to the younger boy, who sat up, ruffled his hair, and leaned forward with his elbows on the table, that y look in his narrowed eyes that YoonGi happened to love.

"How about now?" Hoseok asked with a deepened voice. YoonGi shoved noodles in his mouth and shook his head.

"Can't talk with my mouth full, Hoseokkie," he reasoned. Hoseok laughed.

"But you just did!" He pointed out. YoonGi swallowed quickly and smiled.

"No, I didn't. You're such a dork," he replied.

After dinner, the two headed out of the restaurant (after Hoseok assured Seokjin that neither of them would die). YoonGi smiled as he walked next to Hoseok, turning the straw from his styrofoam to-go cup with his fingertip. "So, I don't know why I never asked, but what do you like to do?" He asked the taller.

"I don't know. I like watching TV, eating, breathing..." Hoseok listed off the things on his fingers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter