To many more

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2014

 

As far as he had been able to remember, it had been a while since HyunSeung hadn't been so angry. Usually, he'd either let it all out, either keep it all inside, either way, he wouldn't let it be a middle. But this time, it had seemed like none of these options had been willing to grant him a bit of calm. His performance at the VPop festival earlier that day had been a complete mess, thanks to the flu he had recently caught, but it had mostly been due to his craving for murder that no special or professional occasion could have made him hide. 

 

Netizens. Those bored, ugly keyboard warriors who'd do anything to hurt someone they dislike, hell, someone they don't even know. In six years of career, HyunSeung had never minded them, even those who had mocked him, Beast and even father's death. It's not that he hadn't cared back then, but he had had friends to support him and keep him grounded. Although this time he hadn't directly been their target, they had gone too far nor only against someone he cared for but mostly who had had no one to protect her else but herself. And there had been no way to simmer down his indignation down in the last hours. Anyone would have given up on trying to reason him at this point. Beast, his mother, his friends. Except for the very victim of this masquerade, a petite frame sporting brown short hair, who had tried to cheer him up all this while.

 

"Baby. You did well enough for both your condition and your level of madness. Honestly."

 

Seated against the mirror of Cube's practice room as she had been messing with his gray hair, Hyuna had said this convincingly, her voice resounding in the quiet place. As much as it'd have normally been filled with their panting's from practicing, it had also been serving them as a place to meet secretly, since nobody would suspect them of anything from finding themselves somewhere they would be at most of the time. HyunSeung had still been living with his family and Hyuna with 4Minute and hotels were not an option, for as way too many eyes could catch them. Caringly, the young girl had called HyunSeung to ask him if they could meet, knowing very well he had been upset by his undeniably poor performance. Really, nothing could escape this woman's eyes. 

 

"I didn't do well at all. And I don't care. Alright, I do. I should have stayed at home laying on my bed instead of performing in front of a bunch of scums. With you. "

Lips sealed together, Hyuna had observed him quietly, seemingly not understanding his stance. And indeed, she rarely understood him when it came to the feeling of anger or any that would be negative as if she had no idea what it was. "Don't mind it", "It's not such a big deal", "It's ok". Despising someone, being angry, as in, really angry. Did she have any idea what that was? More than once HyunSeung had wondered this, and he yet had had to find an answer.

 

"It's not like this is any true, is it? Calm down, it's been an entire week already."

 

"It could be years later I would still be out of myself! It even affected our performance tonight, when was last time I was so...I could have bear the flu but this? It not being true doesn't make it ok! Nobody, let alone a woman, should have to deal with pregnancy rumors being spread about her. Plus it's not the first time this has happened to you, is it? Why are you always so adamant at getting disrespected?"

 

Long story short, according to some "official" news, Hyuna had been seen at a gynecologist's office and had been two weeks pregnant. The father obviously had been reported to be HyunSeung, as a result of them having had "inappropriate relationships" during their comeback promotions. The lead vocalist had come across the news a week before, indeed, and had immediately erupted into Hong Seung Seung's office to demand a suing of the authors of this nonsense.  His first thought had been that he hadn't wanted to tell his girlfriend, but at the same time, the sole thought of her  finding this out while surfing the internet and her reaction to it had made him change his mind. So he had gone to look for her, worried sick about how she'd cope with the information, but at least she'd have learned it from him.

 

"Wow, goodness gracious. It's like the 10th time in six years of career already! I really need to get a hold of my impulsions." She had giggled. Her melodic, joyful laughter. And he had stayed completely stunt, looking at her with incredulous eyes. She had laughed even louder at his shocked expression, wrapping her arms around his neck, getting up close to him and had thrown at him with a wink:

 

"But I do think you would actually make a great dad. Just not yet."

 

He had expected her to be at least upset, if not revolted. But she had laughed, as usual. She'd always laugh at everything. He had known she had always had an easy humor, but this here hadn't been a joke. It had been defamation. A level of disgusting HyunSeung had thought of as being the worst out of all kind, all the way back in 2008 already, when he had first read the name "Kim Hyunah" in the news, for having withdrawn from Wonder Girls. This fact had meshed with countless lies and speculations he had naturally come across along with the real reason of her leave, chronic gastroenteritis, and frequent fainting spells. "Poor girl", he had thought. And he still did. But she wasn't poor. Nor six years ago, nor today. She had been strong and brave. But despite knowing this, he still couldn't accept anyone trying to hurt her. And this had reflected in the turn that their meeting had taken.

 

"I am not, adamant at being disrespected." She had answered, dropping her hair down from his hair.

The coldness of her voice had made his stomach tie in knots as he had remained silent. The lead vocalist hadn't wanted to be mean to her, he had just wished she had understood the importance of the situation. Besides, the real meanness had been these netizens' acts, that would stay unpunished because Hong Seung Seung hadn't wanted to draw more attention to the issue, only releasing an article saying they would sue the persons behind this to scare them off. Obfuscated, HyunSeung had wanted to do it himself, as Jang HyunSeung, but here again, Hyuna had dissuaded him. As a result, everything about their performance had looked awkward and out of place. HyunSeung hadn't been able to touch her as intimately as he'd normally do, be playful with her, even look at her, without feeling like indiscrete eyes would judge his actions as a proof of an "inappropriate relationship" had been going on between them. Thankfully for him, Hyuna had saved the day by perfectly performing, like nothing had happened. On that too, she was one hell of a trustworthy person. Putting her emotions aside to put on her best show. But at a price he refused her to ever pay.

 

"I just don't get it. People always spread things about you, diminish you and you never do anything. Why?"

Truthfully, the lead vocalist hadn't known why exactly he had felt so annoyed about all of this. Probab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter