Lie to me

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2015

 

It hadn't been the first time in the past weeks that Hyuna had sensed uneasiness from HyunSeung's behavior, or at least from the little she had remembered from their latest meetings, so much they had both been busy to death. While the young girl had been occupied with her comeback, Beast had been preparing for the 2015 edition of their Beautiful Show two days concert. Back then, Hyuna had realized something that would be a detail to most people, but to her, it had been highly alarming. The lead vocalist who was always the first to claim he didn't need to rehear, had attended each and every single session since mid-August, from start to finish. Surely it had made her proud that he'd (finally) start taking things more seriously than he had had during his last promotions with Beast, however, she had missed his presence in such a painful way that she had tried to look for any reason to not have to deal with his absence. But strangely she hadn't found any way to convince him. Nor by asking him politely, nor by describing him what kind of underwear she'd be wearing at the moment. And this had been completely abnormal.

 

Then, he had been less ually demanding with her than usual. Yes, this consisted a list of reasons to be worried. HyunSeung wasn't the kind to care whether she was in condition or not, same for himself.  Surely, she wouldn't have lasted more than five minutes for most of the time she had tried to coax him into doing. Completely drained from her activities, she'd have therefore been unable to satisfy him fully. However, the lead vocalist would accept anything from her, big or small. And yet he hadn't wanted anything at the time. 

 

Lastly, Hyuna had vividly remembered him colliding with Park ChungMin in the Cube's hallway as he had been running to the parking lot. And the lead vocalist stopped his race to bow ninety degrees to his CEO. Surprisingly, the latter hadn't even looked surprised, compared to Hyuna whom the eyes had questioned her boss as if he had owned her an answer.

 

"I'd have guessed this is your training's doing?" Park ChungMin had said, dusting his shoulder off.

 

"Training?" Hyuna had repeated, looking at the elder man with the same dumbfounded expression from witnessing her boyfriend being polite with one of the people he hated the most in the company.

 

"How do dogs end up obeying their master? Training. Keep going." Park Chungmin had winked to her, before turning on his heels with a content smile.

 

These had made too many things to doubt, too many things, unlike HyunSeung. And that day had been one more too many.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is this about, HyunSeung?" Hyuna had stormed in her apartment in a complete rage, heading right to where she had known she'd have found her boyfriend. Likely laid on her couch while just about the entire Kpop industry had been waiting for an explanation on his part.

 

"What are you talking about?" The young man had yawned, indeed laid on the beige copper furniture, all dressed up from the night before, or the morning earlier that day, rather. Intruding himself in her place as a refuge to his actions, instead of facing their consequences from s and CEO. He had been that much shameless.

 

"Oh no no no no no, get up. Get your off here right now!" Hyuna had hissed, throwing her bag and jacket on the couch that should have been free to welcome her belongings. And even as it hadn't been, screw him already.

 

"Oh God, why does it feel like I ran a marathon." HyunSeung had grunted, straightening himself with difficulty as he his hands had given up twice under his weight.

 

"I said what the hell is this about? And you did run a marathon, all the way far from the responsibilities you should have taken hours ago. But no, you're here acting like everything is fine in the best of worlds. So, one last time, what happened?" The young girl had echoed, passing her hand through her hair erratically. She hadn't known what to expect from him, but the way the lead vocalist had been impassible to her tirade hadn't foretold anything good.

 

"Are you also curious about who that woman is, too?" HyunSeung had chortled, as he had titled his head towards her. "I'm asking straight away since more than anything else, it seems this is what all of you want to know."

 

"I couldn't care less about who that woman is unless you think I should." Hyuna had retorted, doing her best to remain calm. HyunSeung was better at mind games than she was, undeniably. Therefore. stepping on this field as of this instant, hell at any instant, was always synonym with defeat.

 

"She's a friend of Rado." HyunSeung had said. "And I met her to rub her the right way about how she should find me a place in her acquaintances' agendas. Who are CEOs. I had to meet her yesterday. No, in fact, I didn't but, eh." HyunSeung had shrugged, laying back again.

 

He had had to be kidding her. He just had had to be kidding her. But worst than the content of his excuse had been that Hyuna had known very well that he hadn't been kidding her. 

 

"HyunSeung." The young girl had breathed out, unable to go any further into her speech.

 

 

"Jesus Christ, are you people going to die from this or something?" He had stood up, walking to Hyuna, looking straight into her eyes.

 

"I did what I did, and I got caught in an actual illegal way, yet I am the one getting asked questions? I should be debunking this fan by teaching her you don't take pictures of people without their knowledge."

 

"This happens all the time, HyunSeung! Do you really think this is the first time a picture of yours gets uploaded on the net without you knowing? Don't act like it ever fazed you, it's only now that you got busted being a prick, don't be a coward!" Hyuna had yelled, clenching her fists by her side. 

 

"A coward?" HyunSeung had repeated lowly, stepping even closer to her, as he hadn't let go of her irises for a single second, enchanting them and making her unwilling to escape.

 

"A coward." Hyuna had swallowed, forcing herself to not step back. Her boyfriend's figure wasn't all that imposing, but anything else was. His gaze, his passive demeanor that only had had hands in his back pockets as if she hadn't just insulted him. It was his calm that made him threatening. A calm that he used to impregnate himself a maximum from a merciless storm he'd unleash sooner or later, she had known by now.

 

"You don't get to call me that." The lead vocalist had said, almost in a whisper but still audible enough for the young girl to catch on the threat in his voice. But he had been wrong. All wrong. And she hadn't had a right to let him get away with this.

 

"You're going to use your SNS account you're so obsessed with to apologize to those fans who bought tickets not only to see you but from Japan to here and back. Do it right now." Hyuna had ordered, taking a step forward to make her point crystal clear, as their nose had almost touched from their electric proximity. 

 

"No." HyunSeung had simply answered like he'd have said anything else in a normal conversation. This was one of his lethal abilities as well. Or should one say flaw. Every time admitting his wrongs would be too much for him, he'd be inconsiderate, unconscious even insensitive depending on how far one would push him to avowal. He would just say whatever would come to his mind to discourage his opponent and escape the sanctions he'd deserve. And sadly Hyuna didn't make the strongest of rivals, let alone when she'd rather have been doing something else with him than to be digging the distance that had been separating them deeper with a fight.

 

"Have I ever told you you're extremely y when you're mad? Don't you want to use all this aggressivity for something else?" HyunSeung had smirked at her, completely ignoring the seriousness of the situation, as usual. And nothing would have been needed more for Hyuna to slap him across the face if she hadn't been so much in need of him.

 

"Stop this." She had gritted, cursing herself from having shivered at the contact of his hand on her lower back.

 

"Unsure of what she wants?" HyunSeung had purred, eyeing her with all the attention in the world, his eyes noticeably going from to her hardened traits. She had really hated herself for having been so weak, out of all moments. 

 

"Stop this." 

 

"You're aware that I missed the fan meeting but you don't know I had Cube's permission?" HyunSeung had said, pouting so dramatically she probably shouldn't have bitten to the bait, but strangely it had been enough for Hyuna to feel like a brick had just fallen on her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter