Sandcastles

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2016 

 

A cold breeze had traveled up Hyuna's spine, driving the thin line between sleep and awakening she had tried to maintain alive, to inexistence. The young girl had  turned around, her left arm immediately wanting to get a hold of the source of heat she had known had been laying beside her, or at least, it should have. Opening her eyes slowly, Hyuna had only been able to note the empty spot on the bed, a whine of frustration escaping her lips. Why did he always do this?

Well, not always, to be fair. But he had the bad habit of making this occur right after this kind of nights would have happened. And what a night this had been. Although annoyed, Hyuna had been helpless to the large smile that had formed on her lips. Her cheeks had burned in addition, making her hide her face behind her hands as if someone had been watching her. That is exactly how reminiscing the moment she had spent with HyunSeung a few hours had felt like. She had still remembered every brush of his hands against her body, every kiss he had placed on her skin, and where, every word he had murmured to her ears, and she had wished she had managed to remember every "I love you" he had uttered. But the fact that they had been too many for her to be able to, had been enough to make her heart skip a beat all over again. A whine had once again escaped her as she had taken in that this had already been the past, and that she had known nothing of what tomorrow would hold, hell, even the second that had followed this one, and the next one.

 

It hadn't been like Hyuna could have had laid with her boyfriend all day since she had had to fly to Macau for Cube's united concert in a few hours. However waking up by his side was something she loved too much to not feel bummed when she wouldn't get to. With a heavy groan, a mix of tiredness and disappointment, Hyuna had got out of her boyfriend's bed, swiftly putting on her underwear on, along with HyunSeung's blouse she had found on the floor before, she had closed the window with a loud smack.

 

"Not only he isn't there to warm me in the morning but he doesn't close the window when he wakes up…it's not even that hot, what's with him." The young girl had grumbled, leisurely going to the bathroom to do her toilet. When she had been done, in a slightly better mood than moments before by the heavily hot water she had poured on her, Hyuna had got out of the room, metallic clicks indicating her that her boyfriend had been eating. Another option could have been that he had urged himself to clean the mess that his catastrophic cooking would have created before she'd have woken up. Suddenly, the sounds had stopped, letting place to a loud sigh before a complete silence had installed itself in the familial household. Hyuna had quietly approached the open door of the kitchen, curious to see which of her two guesses had been the right one, but her initial intention had been completely swept away by what she had seen.

 

More adorable than this present sight couldn't be if it wasn't Jang HyunSeung, wallowed on his chair, eyes closed like he had just accomplished the most tiring of exploits. He had looked so tired that Hyuna had made the effort to cover when a giggle had climbed up . She had then got closer to the elder man, carefully slipping in the space between his legs, her next action crystal clear in her head.

 

"Losing your legendary energy, handsome?" She had leaned to his ear, finally letting out her laughter fully when her boyfriend had jolted in surprise. Very much to her pleasure, his reflex had been to clutch the air with his hands, and they had rested on her hips, therefore making him pull her closer to him.

 

"That's how you'd react if you were to get assaulted on the street, flush your attacker against you?" The young girl had mocked, uncontrollable.

 

"Dammit, Hyuna!" HyunSeung had complained, a clear annoyed expression on his face that had immediately turned into the high-pitched laughter she loved so much to hear from him, and nothing had been needed more for Hyuna to be drawn to his lips like a magnet.

 

"The kisser of my lifetime", HyunSeung called her. Truthfully, she hadn't been sure if she had had to focus on the fact that he had had past girlfriends to compare her skills to, or on the compliment in itself. Although flattered, she was still slightly confused, because she didn't even do anything peculiar to own this title from him. In fact, she had thought he secretly found her too shy. She hardly used any tongue, not much biting either even if she knew he liked things rough. The young girl would just follow his lead, satisfying her needs by kissing him her ways and alternating with responding to his needs.

Perhaps had it been the combination of the two that had made her worthy of being considered the best kisser out of all his former dates. And her skills had done wonders once again, as Hyuna had felt his body relax from the tension the scare she had given him had made arose in his body. However, something had missed to this exchange. Futile, but it hadn't escaped Hyuna's attention. 

 

"Minx." The lead vocalist had whispered against , quick breaths escaping his lips as he had tried to regain his breath. 

 

"Mmh. That's why you love me this much. But are you ok? You literally only cleaned a plate and a fork." Hyuna had tilted her head, observing her boyfriend attentively.

 

"Of course, why? And there was a knife too." He had pinched her cheek before he had caressed it affectively, a small smile gracing his face. But if it was always his word against hers and the latter barely standing a chance against his stubbornness, there was no way the quality of his kissing wouldn't speak for a thousand words, more so since he had let her be so passive in their kiss, without even trying to deepen it on his side. And there had only been one explanation to him not having been focused on her. HyunSeung had been distracted by something.

 

"Let us not start this the day with lies." The young girl had pouted, giving him the bad eye. "You've never kissed me so poorly before, you can't deny it."

 

"Poorly? Wow, someone is on high standards this morning. I'm not lying." HyunSeung had chuckled, carefully pushing her away, to get on his feet. "What do you want to eat? I made eg-"

 

"Not, so, fast." Hyuna had pushed the young man back down on his chair, almost jumping on him as she had seated on his lap, quite an ambiguous position that had felt very much out of context, but clearly the steaminess of it had been what the lead vocalist had found to be priority, as a smug smirk had tugged at the corner of his lips.

 

"I'd have thought you had your quota last night, I mean I was out of my rocker. But if you want some more, like I said, you should eat first."

 

"First of all, I can never have enough." Hyuna had blushed, ignoring how many inches her words had added more to HyunSeung's smile, making it grow even bigger. "And second of all, last time you tried this trick, we almost didn't have our first time. Remember?" The young girl had caressed her chin, an exaggerated thoughtful expression on her face. 

 

"Yeah, I remember." HyunSeung had put his lips together. "Dodged a bullet."

 

"Earned the grand price, I'd say."

 

"Right." HyunSeung had chortled, scratching the back of his head. But...there is a difference." He had said, looking straight into her eyes. His hands had traveled up and down her spine as he had nibbled his lower lip, seemingly pondering on what this  difference had been. As Hyuna had opened to pressure him again, the lead vocalist had continued his speech, the movement of his hand ceasing for it to rest on her sides, grip them, in fact.

 

"It's…it's more serious this time. I mean, more serious in the sense that it's more on the bad side." HyunSeung had added quickly, probably scared by the raise of an eyebrow  Hyuna had thrown him. If their first time hadn't been serious, this morning would have started by more than just lies. 

 

"Anyways, I've never let you take the plane on an empty stomach, and it's not just because of this that it will happen, so eat first and then-"

 

"What is it, HyunSeung?" Hyuna had cut off. By now, the young girl had known too well that delaying what should be told could only lead to more troubles than secrecy supposedly prevented. And after yet another fight last month, it had been too soon to fall back into their wrongs.

 

"You're scaring me."

 

"No, no, don't be scared." HyunSeung had said, more in an attempt to reassure her than anything else. However it hadn't worked one bit, and in addition, Hyuna had been able to tell he hadn't believed in his own words. Suddenly, panic had tugged at the young girl's heart, making her brain fuzzy for an instant, and her lips tremble slightly. Not unbeknownst to her boyfriend, who had peered at her worriedly without saying a word, waiting for her to fully enter the debate. But the sudden fear had driven her mute.

 

"Hey. Baby are you here?"

 

"I..is it about…u- us?" Hyuna had mustered her courage, but it hadn't prevented her from being on the verge of passing out as she had dreaded the answer she had been about to receive.

 

"What? No! What are you even thinking? God, no. Never." HyunSeung had looked at her incredulous, raising his head up to reach for her forehead, planting a soft kiss atop of it. "Never."

 

Breathing out loudly, Hyuna had closed her eyes, regaining her calm with a peculiar difficulty, the caresses her boyfriend had let on her back once more, barely helpful. The young girl had tried to control the quivers that had gone through her body by focusing on his hands, but if she had been to wait until they had stopped before she'd have got to finally know what HyunSeung had wanted to tell her, she never would have had.

 

"It's Gina." The young man had said, almost inaudibly.

 

"Gina, Choi Gina?" Hyuna had opened her eyes, taken aback that the protagonist of this "serious" matter had been her label mate and friend she had spoken to on the phone not even two weeks ago. Let alone the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter