You're my first

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2015

 

"I can't believe there are twenty-four hours left to your solo debut, twenty-four! How did time went by so fast, oh my God? I'm so eager! It's like the consecration of a lifetime!" Hyuna had said ecstatic, the cleaning product she had been looking for in a wardrobe, falling on the ground loudly.

 

"Oops. But why am I alone being so? HyunSeung?"

 

Confused, Hyuna had turned her head around to understand the reason for her boyfriend's silence, and the sight that had been before her eyes had been worth being completely ignored. Laying on his left side on the couch of her living room, HyunSeung had been repeatedly passing his index on the six figured number that he had got himself tattooed on his left arm the month prior, drifting to sleep little by little, as Hyuna had seen his eyes slightly flutter before they had ended up closed.

630803 on his right arm and 640922 on his right left, were the numbers imprinted in HyunSeung's flesh, to honor the very people to whom these birthday dates corresponded to. His father and his mother, another consecration of a lifetime as the young man had always wanted to get a tattoo. Six years ago he had asked Cube Entertainment's permission for it, however, it had been refused because it wouldn't have fit his "prince" image, which had had to be one of the many reasons why the concept of having to care for a reputation made HyunSeung so scathing to this day. Along with the fact that he was completely unable to fake a behavior that wouldn't be his, being way too adamant to give up on his personal beliefs. And Hyuna had been proud to say that it had been thanks to a bit of her positive influence that the lead vocalist had finally made a move to obtain what he had wanted for so long.

 

Hyuna had approached the couch to grab the tiled blanket that was always hung on the side of the furniture, in a case of impromptu drowsiness like this very one. It was a rare occurrence for HyunSeung to fall asleep before their dates would even start, however it had definitely been common these last few weeks since they had had to meet close to dawn as a consequence of the young man's solo debut preparations. The biggest part of it had been done now, but the perfectionist that HyunSeung was had decided to practice every single night until the release date, that had indeed been twenty-four hours away now. And just like the latest times, before the young girl had even had the time to go all out, her lover had drifted to sleep.

 

"You're lucky I happen to find watching you snore absolutely fascinating." She had murmured, carefully covering his body to not wake him up. "Or I would be mad at you for doing this to me again."

 

The young girl had seated on the floor near her lover's head, leaning hers on the couch to gaze at him. Though she'd always anticipate the moment when his dark irises would meet hers again, she did found watching him sleep fascinating.

 

"And since I'm bored out of my mind, I will explain to you why I do. Don't wake up in the middle of my rambling, yes?" Hyuna had scratched her head as she had realized how much curious her behavior had been.

 

In fact, maybe it  hadn't been all that strange. Usually, Hyuna would always be the one to talk things out, meanwhile, HyunSeung would vey accurately, rather sleep his troubles off. Hyuna had known that his plans for the next evening had been to spend it with the producers of his album, therefore she had made sure she would spend this day with him, to reassure him, be there for him. The young man hated intrusive questions, especially when they would make his insecurities show. That is why he'd stay quiet, preferring to be eaten up by his worries than to expose them. Hyuna on her side proceeded on making him feel completely differently. Communication was something she considered primary in a relationship. "What is your ideal type?" would MCs often ask her.

 

"Someone I can communicate with well." She would answer, which was actually true, though fans obviously expected something crustier, this was a fairly good summary of what kind of man was her ideal type without a doubt. No secrets, no lies, no passive aggressiveness. Honesty from one lover to another.

 

"So exactly what am I even doing with you?" Hyuna had scoffed, slightly tugging on a strand of HyunSeung's hair. "You and communication make the worst combo there is. What's with constantly hiding everything from everyone? Alright, I'd also rather not be crying to the moon when I have struggles, but you need to at least make an effort. Hm? You might not express it out loud, but your behavior lets it appear when you're disturbed."

This was something the young girl had never told him, but she considered HyunSeung a troubled person, in need to be protected as much as anyone around him always felt the urge to. The difference between them and her, was simply that she was clever enough to not choke him with her worries because she knew he hated being looked upon as a fragile porcelain piece. Besides, the fact that she treated him differently than others did, had been the main reason why he had fallen for her. 

 

"The reason why it feels so relieving to know you asleep is that I know you are peaceful for sure. Are you ever, when you're awake? You're either practicing, angry at Cube and Beast or worried about your career. But not right now. I wonder what you are dreaming of? Is it a good dream?" Hyuna had paused, trying to imagine what could his dreams have been made of. Were they the same as his real life dreams? Full of glory, money, and fame? The young girl had at least known for a fact that her boyfriend's goal was to keep being a singer passed his thirty years old. HyunSeung knew nothing lasted forever, age and time in itself being something that was a source of worry to him, probably an effect of having lost his father so abruptly, Hyuna had thought. Therefore, he considered that all he had was right now, including the opportunity to make a name for himself through his solo.

 

"You always want everything and on the spot." Hyuna would judge him, and he would laugh telling him these were the very same words Hong Seung Seung had told him the day he had almost fallen on his knees from the desperation of wanting to be with her.

 

'Life is too short. So if I can indeed have everything and right on the spot, I refuse to have it another way.' You are so stubborn, geez." The young girl had sighed, caressing his hair softly, as he had taken a deep inspiration, his brows unbending from their furrowed position they had been in, a few seconds earlier.

 

"Oh, that too is fascinating. Your facial expressions. You react to every sound and touch as if you are actually awake. Which is somewhat scary, but so intriguing at the same time?" Hyuna had rested her chin on her fist to observe him from a different angle.

 

"Also, I can voice my opinion without your egocentric self-being hurt." The young girl had shaken her head. Truly, even the smallest of critic could have HyunSeung sulk an entire day. And the worse was that Hyuna would still chase him around, unable to stomach the idea that he would be angry at her, even if all she could have told him would be that she found her title track good enough to be it, which he had not thought.

 

"Honestly, your title song is good enough to be it. I understand why you wanted the other track, but it's like people asking me to make something like ‘Bubble Pop' again. It actually wouldn't work."

 

As if he had wanted to prove her right, HyunSeung's eyebrows had furrowed again, his lips slightly putting his lips together in what had looked like an offended pout. If Hyuna hadn't known him asleep, she would have apologized right away.

 

"Look, it's like you're offended." She had laughed a bit too loudly, immediately covering afterward. "Are you offended?" Hyuna had whispered, getting her face closer to his.

 

"I really like ‘Come out' though, isn't it what matters most?" She had cooed, smiling to herself thinking of the fifth track of HyunSeung's upcoming album. Yes. It had definitely been her favorite.

 

Stirring, the lead vocalist had again seemed to have reacted to her words, this time moving his head closer from the edge of the couch, brus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter