Best savored cold

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 2015

 

It had started to get tiring, at this point. Already? Was this the case for most two years old couples, or had Hyuna and HyunSeung been setting a new record of getting fed up with their other half in such a short amount of time? The most confusing about this all had been how fast their relationship would go from one extreme to another and how much different their would be. When it was sweet, God, was it sweet. HyunSeung could truly turn into an angel when he wanted. He'd be caring, understanding, and loving in ways that he would even intensify according to her satisfaction. However when it was hell, oh, was it hell. Rarely would it end up in one of them maturely admitting their wrongs? Usually, it would result in the kind of conclusion it had had that day when Hyuna had resented him for having completely ignored her existence (or being oblivious, she wasn't sure what she'd have preferred) while he had just spent an entire month away from her.

 

"Aren't you being too severe, honestly?" Miss A's Jia had asked, immediately adding to her statement after the young girl had shot her with a bad look: "Say he just forgot?"

 

"How can he forget, Jia? I'm his girlfriend! What side are you on?!" Hyuna had retorted, freeing her right shoulder from her friend's intently soothing hand.

 

"What, is this some kind of soccer match? I am not on anybody's side! I love you and I have no problem with him, therefore seeing you so adamant to give him a chance doesn't please me because I know how it's about to end."

 

"Well you know right, indeed. Please anticipate it." Hyuna had spat, grabbing her phone, login into her music streaming account. He had wanted war. He would get it.

 

A month away from him, due to Beast's Japanese tour, and he hadn't wanted to meet her right when they had returned? Tour during which the boys had had a couple days allowed home. But what were a couple of days out of forty? Alright. She had missed him, she had missed him immensely even. But there had need been replaced by a will to knock the daylights out of her boyfriend, exactly at the moment when they should have had cuddled and cherish each other's presence after all this time away from each other. But the opportunity had been wasted, like one of these many other times.

How had Hyuna been too severe in this story? The problem always turned out to be the same. She'd speak, and he wouldn't listen. Or he would act like he hadn't heard, or he legitimately hadn't heard? And the fact that Hyuna could never tell which version had been most plausible made it all the more hurtful. More so because he was a master at making things up. So what had it been this time? The young girl had asked him a simple thing before his leave to Japan, a single one.

 

"Please, don't do anything stupid."

 

Obviously, he had done a ton of stupid things, barely a few days after he had been abroad. And the sole conclusion Hyuna had managed to reach to is that she just couldn't trust him. A verbal joust had then taken place between them of course, as HyunSeung had tried to feign innocence, for a change. But surprisingly enough, for once, she hadn't been in the mood for a loss.

 

"I just can't trust you, can I?" Hyuna had yelled on the phone, as she had fought the urge to hang off right to his nose.

 

"You don't have to be shout-" 

 

"That's right, do try to waste time on something that holds no candle right now, as usual! I have to be shouting and I will do it even louder if you don't get straight to the point!"

 

"What point?" HyunSeung had mumbled, earning a hysterical laugh from Hyuna, who had almost thrown her phone across her living room.

 

"What p- you know what? Screw you!"

 

"I was drained, alright?! Then I went out with Rado and I happened to not look at my phone through the evening, for once that I wasn't being an "SNS freak", shouldn't you be proud of me?" HyunSeung had angered himself, the intensity of his voice raising. He had dared to be angry, with that.

 

"That's what you're going to attempt? Self-rubbing for having left me to be worried all day? Well done, well done indeed! You're in the wrong in this, so don't try to pretend otherwise!"

 

"If you were so sure of my culpability you would let me explain myself!"

 

"To say what? Whatever it takes to save yourself and I have no time for your lies!"

 

A few seconds had then elapsed, the only disturbing sound being HyunSeung's hectic breath. And a light tingle had stung Hyuna's heart for doing this to him. He had been physically and mentally drained both from the tightness of his schedules and the fact that he'd beware every single person he'd be on the road with, Hyuna knew. Therefore he always had to be on his guard, even when unnecessary. And the young girl could never imagine how much tough it would be. However, she hadn't wanted to excuse him on that day. She had felt hurt, she had felt worried from not having had an idea where on this earth her boyfriend had been for an entire day. He had had no right to do this to her. 

 

"Listen. This…this is just stupid. We haven't seen each other for so long and the first thing we do is this? Let's just forget it, yeah? I reckon I screwed up, ok, but…I miss you…I really do."

 

Feeling the exact same as he had, the young girl had obviously hesitated. Had she ever not done so. Besides, it had been ridiculous. Both their argument and the way she would always be the only one falling. How could he always win over her no matter how much guilty he would be? And the worse in this had been that she actually had been as well. Guilty of being so weak. So in love. However, even if it had broken her heart, this time, around, she had stood strong. 

 

"You should have thought about it before acting so reckless. I'm sorry, but this will only serve you right. Bye."

 

No. She hadn't been too severe. Fair, at best.

 

"Oh…no Hyuna, come on, he will be so hurt!" Jia had yelped, bouncing forward in an attempt to seize Hyuna's phone from her hands, but the younger girl had been faster, sweeping her device under her stomach, laying over it as she had burst in the most genuine laughter in the past hours. And the cause had been nothing nice. Too bad. For him.

 

On her Instagram, freshly posted: Noel's brand new single "In the end", composed by none other than Yong JunHyung. The most ironic in this situation had been that she had undoubtedly done this to upset HyunSeung, knowing very well it would work perfectly. But she had liked JunHyuhng's song. Matter and fact, she liked all of his songs. Hyuna found the rapper to be amazing at what he did as much as the public. Her kind of music was ballads, indie and anything that would make her feel relax. And JunHyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter