Chapter 11

The weight of a decision

Thank you to all my subscribers! You guys are the best :)

Seungri sighed as he burrowed down into his duvet more. His bed was just so warm and comfortable. He was ready to do some hardcore snoozing for the next few hours. His peaceful slumber was unfortunately shattered by the sound of Jiyong shouting his name, causing Seungri to jump and sit up in his bed. He immediately began to stammer out apologies, without considering how Jiyong might have got into his dorm, assuming that he was here to tell him off some more about what had happened the day before. "I'm so sorry, Jiyong sunbae.... I - I swear it won't happen again... I don't..." The sound of Jiyong's laughter, a very familiar sound, cut off his lamentations.

Taking a second to look at his surroundings, Seungri realised that he was in fact back in his own house. Which meant that he had just apologised to the wrong Jiyong... this one hadn't told him off for not calling him sunbae in nearly ten years. And this one would be very confused as to why he'd needed to be apologised to.

While having Jiyong in his room wasn't really something that was unusual, having been treated unkindly by someone who looked just like the Jiyong that was standing right there pretty recently meant that he wasn't immediately excited to see his friend. In fact, his automatic response to being seen in such a way was to pull his duvet up to his chest, in order to cover himself.

Jiyong laughed. "There's no need to be shy now, Seungri, I've seen you shirtless plenty of times before." Seungri blushed as he realised that that was true, Jiyong had seen him shirtless plenty of times during the time they shared a dorm. Besides, this Jiyong was his friend, he wouldn't be mean to him (at least, not in the same way).

His hands, which he hadn't even realised were clenched so tightly, relaxed on his duvet and gently released it. Knowing that Jiyong likely wouldn't move until he got up (and trying to go back to sleep with a whiny leader around definitely wouldn't work), he reluctantly got up, trying not to shiver too noticeably in the cold air. As he began pulling on clothes, he noticed that Jiyong was looking at him oddly. Feeling self conscious while under such scrutiny, he tried to ignore it, but once he was dressed (as quickly as he could) he couldn't ignore it any more.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you hyung, I just.... I think I had a dream that you were mad at me... yeah, that's why I wanted to say sorry to you." Seungri quickly thought up this explanation for why he'd needed to apologise as a first reaction. It sounded plausible, didn't it? Jiyong only smiled in response, which was unusual for him.

Seungri took a quick look in his mirror just in case his hair was ridiculous or something, but no, he couldn't see any reason why Jiyong would need to look at him like that. It almost looked like the disapproving stare of Jonghyun when he messed up in trying to be the other Seungri. At this thought he began to smile, holding in a laugh at the comparison.

"What's so funny, Seungri?" It almost seemed odd to be addressed as Seungri again, he'd almost got used to being called Seunghyun all the time. Seungri had to think fast. "Just something that J - my friend does sometimes. You reminded me of that," he said quickly. It was a perfectly legitimate answer (and wasn't one that would make Jiyong think that he was crazy), but it only caused Jiyong to frown more.

"Seungri," Jiyong began, "how much did you have to drink last night?" Before Seungri could really think about it, he answered. "Last night? Nothing, I just stayed in." While this was true for his experiences, as he spoke he remembered that every time he'd gone back to each world, no time had passed in the time he was gone.

"Seungri, I saw you drinking last night." Seungri winced as Jiyong spoke, a contrast with his earlier amusement. "You should be so hungover right now. How are you not?" He paused for a second, and walked closer to Seungri. "And I don't remember seeing you dye your hair before you left for here. It looks to good for you to have done it - how did you get it done?"

Seungri laughed, doing his best to sound casual as he answered Jiyong. "No, I must have done it myself last night. I've got quite good at doing it you know, I've had a bit of practice over the years." As he spoke, he lifted his hand to run it through his hair. He was certain that Jiyong wouldn't believe him, the haircut itself and the dyeing job were too good for it to be possible that he might have done it himself.

Jiyong narrowed his eyes and walked closer to him. As he began to inspect Seungri's hair, Seungri closed his eyes, waiting for Jiyong's inspection to prove wrong what he had just told him. "Hmmm..." Jiyong let out a sceptical hum. "I suppose you might have done it yourself... but how did you cut round the back of your head? Surely you wouldn't have been able to get the angle right to cut it?"

Seungri gave Jiyong a weak smile. "I'm really flexible?" He tried. Jiyong nodded in agreement, and seemed to be willing to let it go and believe him. Seungri let out a breath that he hadn't even known he was holding, and suggested that they go to his kitchen for food. Jiyong agreed enthusiastically - for such a skinny guy, he could really pack away his food.

Deciding to only bring out snacks (after all, Seungri didn't want Jiyong to eat everything he had - he'd learnt that the hard way), Seungri and Jiyong settled down to eat and watch TV. "So hyung, did you enjoy last night? I didn't get to talk to you very much. It looked like you were having fun though. I know I had fun. The music was good too, wasn't it? I don't remember all of it, but I know that I danced a lot. I might have danced with some pretty girls too... I'm not really sure. And did they really play Bang bang bang at one point? Or did I just dream that? ...Hyung?"

"Huh?" was Jiyong's dignified response. Seungri rolled his eyes. Sometimes he wished that he didn't always feel the need to fill any silence with conversation. He knew that most of the time Jiyong wouldn't listen to his rambling, but he still did it every time. "Did you enjoy last night, hyung?"

The only response Jiyong provided was a grunt through a mouthful of food. Seungri rolled his eyes again. Sometimes it seemed like Jiyong only came over to his to eat his food - clearly he wasn't interested in much else right now.

Turning his attention to the TV, it was playing a show that he'd only seen a few times - 'Please take care of my refrigerator'. Seungri smirked as he playfully suggested, "Hey, hyung, this seems like the perfect show for you to be on." It was true - while Jiyong liked to annoy Seungri by eating all his food, Jiyong had a well stocked fridge of his own, which would work perfectly for the show. Jiyong seemed intrigued by the idea, or it might just be that his cheeks were stuffed full like a hamster's.

Once Jiyong had eaten approximately his own body weight in food, it seemed like he was finally done. Seungri's food supplies were never prepared for the human bin that was Jiyong.

While Seungri was clearing the plates away, he noticed that Jiyong was on his phone, texting intently. This wasn't something that was generally a cause for worry, but the paranoid part of Seungri's brain, which had developed since he'd started having to hide a part of his life from everyone that he knew, wondered if Jiyong was talking about him.

Choosing to say nothing for once, for fear of being wrong, Seungri decided to simply ignore the fact that Jiyong had been texting. Besides, maybe now that Jiyong wasn't eating, he'd be able to get a conversation out of him.

Seungri had forgotten how much he enjoyed spending time with friends that he really knew well. As much as he enjoyed making new friends, and having a different set of friends in the other world, having friends that knew him well was even better. Seungri found that conversation flowed so easily with him and Jiyong, and he wondered how he managed without that sort of connection.

Seungri looked up as he heard his front door open. There were only a few people who would simply enter his house (one of whom was sitting next to him), and apart from his mother, the rest were the rest of the members of Bigbang.

He sighed. Well, at least now he knew who Jiyong had been texting. The silence of before was broken with the sound of several voices talking as they made their way through the house. The conversation wasn't even stopped in order for Youngbae, Daesung and Seunghyun to acknowledge Seungri and Jiyong, who they sat down next to.

"Top hyung!" Seungri felt excited to see him in particular. Having had the conversation with the Seunghyun in the other world, it was nice to see him in shape and back to how he was used to. Seungri went so far as to hug the other man, which gained him a few looks that let him know how strange Jiyong and Youngbae thought that he was acting. Sure, as far as they were concerned, Seungri had seen Seunghyun only the other day, so there would be no need for him to have missed him, but Seungri had gone many days without seeing his friend, and they couldn't stop him from being excited.

Once he sat back down, Seungri found himself eyeing Daesung oddly. It seemed strange now, to be around someone who the other version of himself thought so highly of. Without even realising it, Seungri began to look at Daesung with a critical eye, trying to see what it was that the other Seungri found so attractive about him. Sure, Daesung was a good looking guy, Seungri could admit that (many fangirls over the years had shown just how much they thought all of them were attractive), but to be attracted to him was something else entirely.

Daesung was quite muscular, he supposed, and years of taking good care of himself have definitely had a good impact on him. Yeah, he could definitely understand why the other Seungri might be attracted to him. But watching him try to stuff as many crisps into his mouth as he could on a dare from Seunghyun..... that certainly took away any thoughts that Seungri might have had about how attractive Daesung was.

Besides, the other Daesung might be a totally different person. At that moment Seungri almost wanted him to be a different person, as Daesung sprayed half chewed, soggy crisps all over Seungri's floor as an effect of laughing too hard. Seungri couldn't bring himself to laugh at it though. Not because he knew that he'd have to clean it up, but because he was still thinking through the logistics of having a crush on his friend.

Seungri didn't want to have a crush on his friend, necessarily, but now that he'd begun to think about it, he found that he couldn't not see the things that he had noted as being potentially attractive - his smile, his muscle definition, his laugh.

Luckily (or perhaps unluckily) he was distracted by the others. Jiyong slung an arm around Seungri's shoulders. "Seungri, you know earlier?" He began, "what was the dream you had about?" Uh oh. There had been no dream. But anything could happen in dreams - he just had to lie convincingly. Seunghyun took an interest in what they were talking about. "What happened?" He asked. "Why is his dream important?" Jiyong laughed.

"When I came here to wake him up, he apologised straight away," Jiyong said, smiling. "He called me sunbae and everything, so when he told me it was from the dream he had, I wanted to know what could possibly have happened to make him do that." Seunghyun laughed too. Both of them turned to Seungri, clearly expecting a good story.

"Well, you see, it was about our trainee days, and, um, you were there, Jiyong hyung, and the others too, and we were... practicing, you know, for our debut, and um..." he paused, trying to think up something which sounded plausible. "I danced wrong, and you shouted at me for it," he finished, not entirely satisfied. Jiyong raised an eyebrow, and Seunghyun made a disappointed sound and turned away to Daesung and Youngbae's conversation.

"Really? That made you apologise so much?" Jiyong asked, looking sceptical. Ugh, it hadn't worked. "Well, you know, you did scare me quite a lot when we were trainees," Seungri gave as an excuse. Jiyong looked thoughtful and nodded his head. It was true, when they were trainees together Jiyong was the scary sunbae who had been a trainee forever and was very much in charge, despite Seunghyun's seniority.

Seungri watched his hyungs talking and laughing together. He'd missed them, whether he had realised it or not while he was away, and he basked in the familiarity and comfort that being with them brought. Nothing could beat this.