Chapter 10

The weight of a decision

What's this? An update so soon? I'm impressed with myself too :P Thank you to my wonderful subscribers :) Please review and tell me what you think :)

All through dance practice the next day, Jonghyun kept giving Seungri funny looks. At times, it almost made him mess up his moves as he would glance up only to find that he was being glared at. At this point, Seungri wasn't even sure exactly what Jonghyun was mad at him about, it could be any of the things which he had messed up on in the last few weeks. Whatever it was, Seungri wasn't looking forward to being told off about it. Jonghyun was almost as bad as Jiyong hyung for telling him off, and Jonghyun wasn't even the leader.

After practice had finished, Seungri busied himself with packing away his things. Perhaps if he looked busy enough Jonghyun would leave him alone - but no, he heard footsteps coming up behind him. "Seunghyun." Seungri heard Jonghyun say in an authoritative voice. Seungri slowly stood up and turned around, fearing what Jonghyun might say. He was keeping too many secrets!

"What were you doing out so late last night?" was Jonghyun's question. Well that answered what it was that he was going to be yelled at about this time. He could have sworn that everyone else was asleep when he and Jinki had got home the night before, but perhaps not. Seungri's brain scrambled for an answer that wouldn't sound weird. "Well, I just wanted to go for a walk, and - " Jonghyun's expression cut him off. "I just wasn't tired - " he tried again. Jonghyun still didn't look impressed.

"Jinki told me what happened, Seunghyun. Stop lying." This made Seungri feel even worse. Now he couldn't even make up a reasonable excuse as to where he'd been. Before he could start to come up with a new plan, Jonghyun started again. "What could you possibly want in a place like that? If you'd been recognised by someone, it could have spread to the newspapers, and ruined your career! All of our careers, in fact!" Jonghyun was starting to pant with the exertion of yelling now. Seungri was really beginning to feel like he wasn't really the leader of this group - shouldn't this sort of thing be his job? "It was really careless of you Seunghyun. I expect better of you in future." Jonghyun continued.

Seungri began to be frustrated. "I was only there to find Tempo!" He shouted. He instantly wanted to take the words back. Depending on what Jonghyun read into this, it would be difficult to explain away. Fortunately, Jonghyun only looked confused, with some of his anger bleeding away. "Who's Tempo?" He asked quietly. "He's... uh... just someone I've... heard about," Seungri replied hesitantly. That sounded reasonable, right? Jonghyun looked slightly disbelieving still. "But who could you be so desperate to see that you'd go to a place like that?" He asked next.

Fortunately, Seungri was saved from answering that question by Kibum coming over to sling an arm over Jonghyun's shoulder. Seungri internally winced, knowing that Kibum's telling off would be even worse, and he braced for it - but it never came. Surprisingly, Kibum had only come over to tell Jonghyun that Minho wanted to speak to him. They both walked away, but not before Jonghyun glared at Seungri some more.

Seungri felt his shoulders slump in relief. It was clear that the version of him from this world had no interest in rap, there would be no way that he could explain why he wanted to go to the underground rap scene.

The next time he went, he would need to be much more careful about hiding his tracks.

**

Later that day, Seungri was examining himself in the mirror. Most of his look pleased him - it was slightly different to what he was used to, but not necessarily bad. As he took a close look at his hair though, it definitely looked as though it needed cutting. Figuring that he had time, he decided to go out and get a haircut - after all, idols need to maintain their appearance at all times.

He wandered out into the living room, where Taemin and Minho were watching TV. Debating for a moment, Seungri asked, "hey guys, I was gonna go get a haircut. Do either of you want to come with me?" Taemin immediately jumped up out of his seat with a wide smile. "I'll come with you hyung!"

Slightly taken aback by Taemin's enthusiasm for a simple haircut, Seungri nevertheless began to get his shoes on and get his wallet. Taemin managed to be ready to go even before Seungri was, even with Seungri's head start.

As they walked down the street to the hairdressers, Taemin kept up a comforting chatter. "...and then Jongin and I went to this really awesome clothes shop! It was really annoying though because I couldn't find any clothes that I actually liked in my size, and they told me that I'd have to wait a whole extra month for a new shipment! Can you believe that? And hyung.. where are you going?"

Seungri had realised that he didn't know whether there were any good hairdressers in this area of Seoul, and was heading a bit further than he'd anticipated needing to go, to where he usually went for haircuts. Taemin's question stopped him in his tracks though. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I'm going to where I normally go... aren't I?" It occurred to him as the words left his mouth that that might not be where 'he' normally goes.

Taemin began to look confused. "No - the hairdressers that you've gone to for the past ten years is down that street we just passed." Taemin pointed down a narrow alleyway on their left. Seungri laughed weakly. "Oh... right, of course it is. I was just distracted. Why... why don't you go first?" Taemin gave him a confused look, but went first anyway. As they walked down the alleyway, which was narrow and uneven to walk on, Seungri congratulated himself on successfully managing to act like he knew what was going on when he made a mistake.

Taemin stopped in front of a small looking hairdressers. Seungri looked at it doubtfully - could such a small shop really be one which he'd gone to for ten years? He didn't have much choice though, he needed to keep pretending that he was this other version of himself, which meant that he had to use this hairdressers.

Walking in with Taemin behind him, Seungri was greeted by a woman who seemed very happy to see him. "Seunghyun! It's been so long since I last saw you!" She exclaimed, and hugged them both enthusiastically. "What cut do you want? The usual?" Seungri was then asked. He frowned. He hadn't really thought through exactly what he wanted out of this haircut. "Um... yeah, the usual, but I was thinking of dying my hair as well," he said. The hairdresser raised an eyebrow. Maybe this world's Seungri didn't dye their hair very often? Oh well, he'd found that he liked having dyed hair in the last few months.

When asked what colour his hair should be dyed, Seungri took a few seconds to think before deciding that he wanted red. Red hair would stand out, make him be noticed. That would be good.

Seungri saw Taemin watching interestedly from the side of the shop while his hair was being dyed. Perhaps Taemin wanted his hair dyed too? He beckoned Taemin over to ask him just that. He looked thoughtful after being asked that, but replied, "no thanks hyung, not today. I like my hair how it is right now, maybe another time." Seungri nodded, that was fair enough, although he couldn't understand why Taemin would have come with him if he didn't want to get a haircut too.

"Hyung..." Taemin began again, "maybe... when I come back to get my hair dyed, would you come

with me for that?" Seungri shrugged. "Sure, why not?" He replied. That made Taemin beam with happiness, and Seungri was both bemused and happy that he could make his friend so happy.

It took a few hours, but eventually his hair was a bright, vibrant red, and he loved it. It was certainly different from any hairstyle he'd had before. As he and Taemin walked back to the dorm, he got many stares for it (although perhaps it was people recognising them for being idols). Either way, Seungri loved the attention.

**

Sweating slightly as he came off the stage, Seungri thought that that performance had gone well - the fans seemed to like it, at least. His hair also seemed to have gone down well too, judging by the screaming when the fans saw it. He was feeling pretty good about himself, actually.

The corridors backstage were crowded with many performers and crew, and Seungri was finding it difficult to navigate without bumping into anyone. There were many people passing who Seungri knew, but didn't know whether the Seungri in this world would know them, and so refrained from saying anything to them just in case. On the flip side, there were also people that Seungri had never seen in his life who greeted him as they passed each other, and Seungri had to simply smile back so as to not offend anyone.

"Hey, nice hair," Seungri heard a familiar voice say from behind. He turned around quickly to see Jiyong standing there. Expecting there to be some kind of conversation, Seungri introduced himself. "Hi! Thank you! I'm S - Seunghyun, nice to meet you!" Seungri caught himself just as he nearly introduced himself as Seungri - that would have been a big mistake. Jiyong looked slightly blank as Seungri talked, and rather than making more conversation, simply smiled and began to walk away.

Well, Seungri wasn't going to let that happen, not when he wanted to see what G-Dragon was like here. He quickly caught up to Jiyong, and continued to talk as though it might not be odd at all. "You know, I've always admired your talent. I know we're in different entertainment companies and all, but I really feel like I know you well.... you know, from watching interviews and things." Seungri chose to ignore Jiyong looking more and more irritated for now - after all, he was used to doing that to him. "I really like your solo work too," he continued, "I mean, your work with T - Youngbae is good too, but your solo songs are different from that, they're good." Truthfully Seungri was guessing that the solo songs by G-Dragon in this world were similar to the ones that he knew, since he hadn't had much time to listen to them.

Eventually they reached where Seungri assumed Jiyong had been heading for anyway, the gdyb dressing room. Jiyong still hadn't said anything, which was rather unusual, but Seungri was feeling comfortable being with someone that he felt that he knew very well, and so wasn't too worried by it. Seungri found himself taking the lead and going in the door first.

"Ah, Jiyong hyung, is this your dressing room? It's so nice! I..." Seungri trailed off as he noticed Jiyong's stormy expression. "What did you just call me?" Jiyong asked. Seungri frowned. "Uuuuh... Jiyong hyung?" He asked, very confused. Surely there couldn't be anything wrong with calling someone that he was close to 'hyung' - except wait, here he wasn't close to Jiyong at all. In fact, this must be the first time Jiyong had ever met 'Seunghyun'.

Seungri was frozen. For once he couldn't think of anything that would pull him out of this hole he'd dug. "What's wrong, Jiyong?" Came another soft, familiar voice from beside him. Both Seungri and Jiyong turned to see Youngbae there, looking concerned. Immediately, Jiyong spoke. "He didn't call

me 'sunbae'! Can you believe it?" Youngbae raised an eyebrow, but didn't look scandalised.

Jiyong gave Seungri a dirty look before Youngbae put an arm around his shoulders and pulled him away. Seungri unfroze at that point, and found that he couldn't get out of the room fast enough. When he was several steps away from the room, he leaned against the nearest wall and wiped his forehead dramatically. Well that was just a huge mistake. Now there would be someone else thinking that he was crazy, only for a different reason this time.

It had felt odd to be on the receiving end of Jiyong's anger again. Sure, they'd had their arguments over the years, but he hadn't had Jiyong be so angry at him since they were trainees, before they were friends. It had startled him.

Suddenly, Seungri felt a hand on his elbow. He looked up suddenly, worried that Jiyong might have come to find him and tell him off more, but it was only Kibum. "Where have you been?" Seungri was asked. "We've been looking all over for you, it's time to leave." Too shaken up to say anything back, Seungri simply allowed himself to be guided to the exit of the building.

Fortunately Kibum didn't try to say anything to him, as Seungri really wasn't in the mood for conversations. He was too busy thinking over how he had acted with Jiyong, and he realised that he'd really made a mistake this time. He hadn't made that mistake when he saw Seunghyun, so why had he wanted to be so familiar with Jiyong? It was odd.

Seungri allowed himself to be quietly ushered into the car that would take him back to the dorm, and found himself to be getting tired. He allowed himself to be lulled to sleep by the vibrations of the car.