Chapter 22

Metanoia | on hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

-

It was 9 in the morning. Jihoon walked trough the streets of Seoul while listening to his favourite ballad songs.

The company demanded him to take some free time after finding out he works until early in the morning.

Jihoon breathed in deeply, breathing the fresh morning air.

He needed some alone time. Everyday he would be with the boys, not that's a bad thing but he prefers to be alone at some times.

He wandered trough the neighbourhood until he spotted his old favourite park. He haven't been here in such a while since he's been so busy.

Jihoon sat down on one of the benches and looked around. He pouted when he noticed a few trees has been cut down. It was so different now, it was almost what you call abandoned. 

He held his cap tightly over his head, covering almost his entire face.

It was weird to see that he has some fan accounts on Sns. He isn't famous and that's how he like to keep it. After the 'scandal' he got so much attention. He secretly is afraid that people recognise him and hate him for 'dating' the famous CEO's son.

He sighed deeply. That's why he wants to keep away from Soonyoung but something kept pulling him back to him.  
 
Like something told him that he needs him. 

His heart,

His heart told him.

His heart told him to forget Seungcheol too but his mind still couldn't. 

A sudden switch in music genre changed his mood.

The song was called: One day by Infinite [a/n: Listen to it, its boppp].

The smooth voices was so pleased to listen to.

Your eyes looking at me Your arms holding me Your dreams filling me Your breath wrapping around me

He looked up, admiring the sky. It was dark grey, and the boy knows it's going to rain soon.
Even if you look back and regret it, The passed days can now Give me a hand To live without regrets I don’t need it all I just want to be able to face you.

He looked down at his feet. How the lyrics are reflecting his life. 
If I could bring you back
If for just one day, no, for just one moment, If you would look back at me I could take you back You can’t imagine yourself Without me, either Come back to where you belong.

Jihoon took his earbud out when he noticed raindrops on his lap.

He silently cursed.

He didn't expect the rain come so fast.

Jihoon looked around for a place to hide.

He noticed a small bus stop across the street.

He tucked his phone in his pocket before running to the bus stop.

The small rain droplets turned into pouring rain.

He sighed as he leaned agains the glass wands.

Of course it has to be a day where he would get a day off.

Luck is surely on his side.

That's why no one was outside, because they know what weather condition it is.

He barely could see because of the pouring rain.

He tiptoed, trying to fit himself in the small, tiny bus stop.

But he had to admit the view was actually pretty.

It seemed like a scene from a kdrama.

He took his earbuds from his pocket and tucked in his ear.

The song: Only U started to play.

Such a loveable song.

I was so sick of you, I wanted to escape from you But my feet Keep going toward you

He stuck his foot out, letting the water droplets fall on his sneakers. 

Only you make me breathe You make me dream Open my locked up heart

He stuck his hand and tried catching the rain.

He suddenly smiled as he remembered how he loved to play outside when it rained. Everyone would call him crazy for basically attempting to get sick.
Again baby
Only you make me live You make my heart race Knock on my closed heart Again baby

He didn't care about the world anymore and stepped in the pouring rain.

Come back to me, come back baby Come back to me, come back baby
You feel the same too

He spread his arms like they were wings and started to turn around as he looked up. 

The water drops fell on his face and it felt so good. All his problems seemed to be gone.
Come to me and knock knock You know how many fools are targeting me They won’t leave me alone

He jumped from puddle to puddle like he was a small kid again. 

He loves being kid, don't have to worry about anything. 

But he was already 18 and that means the kid inside him needs to accept that he is growing up, yet that was something he doesn't want.

He felt his hoodie getting soaked and yet he didn't cared.

It just seemed like all his stress has washed away. 

Jihoon closed his eyes tightly as he felt the rain pouring down on him.

Suddenly he didn't felt the rain anymore.

He slowly opened his eyes to face Soonyoung with an umbrella, covering both of them.

"S-Soonyoung?"

Soonyoung gave a smile and grabbed Jihoon by his waist, pulling him close to him.

"You're going to catch a cold. Let's go home." Soonyoung said in the most soothing voice.

Jihoon leaned his head agains his chest. He didn't know what to do with his arms so he figured to just embrace the other male.

"T-thanks." Jihoon simply said.

They didn't moved for a while. Jihoon enjoyed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter