009

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

With the school’s performing arts festival – where only the first and second year students perform – nearing, Jaehwan and Yooji were busy practicing everyday after classes ended. Even on weekends the duo would practice at Yooji’s place; occasionally under Jaejoong’s guidance when he was home.

 

Although it had been 2 weeks since Taekwoon returned to school, he barely saw Yooji, for she was occupied with vocals practice with Jaehwan. Even when the pair of best friends took breaks in between to join the group for short lunches, the girl always sat on the other end, furthest away from Taekwoon.

 

He texted her frequently, since he figured that she wouldn’t answer his phone calls, and while she did reply sometimes, they were short – like she couldn’t be bothered at all. Taekwoon, however, was not hindered by Yooji’s cold attitude towards him. He still sent encouraging texts even though he knew he probably would get no replies – he just wanted to let the girl know he was supporting her.

 

----

 

“You’re back?”

 

Yooji was greeted by her brother when she stepped into their apartment.

 

“Oppa?” she looked at the singer who was lounging on the couch, “aren’t you supposed to be at the recording studio?”

 

“Session got cancelled,” Jaejoong shrugged, “have you eaten?”

 

Yooji nodded, “Jaehwan and I popped by the convenience store before coming home.”

 

“How long is it till the festival?”

 

“Exactly one week left,” the girl sighed.

 

Jaejoong patted his sister’s head, “don’t worry, you’ll do fine. I’ve seen you practice, haven’t I? Go wash up and sleep, okay? The key to having a successful performance is ample rest!”

 

“Thanks, oppa,” Yooji hugged her brother before retreating to her room.

 

After emerging from the bathroom after a shower, Yooji picked up her phone and checked for messages out of habit, settling in her seat at her study desk.

 

From: Taekwoon oppa

 

It’s one week to the festival, right? Don’t overwork yourself and get lots of rest. I’m sure you’ll do an amazing job. I got my cast removed today. Doc said I can resume soccer practice in 2 weeks’ time (: Good news, right? See you tomorr

Please log in to read the full chapter