023

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaehwan was fairly surprised at how little effort it took to prevent his best friend from confronting the queenka.

 

“You wouldn’t want Taekwoon hyung to find out about this, would you?”

 

As soon as he had said that, all traces of anger disappeared from Yooji’s face. The girl leaned back in her seat and sighed.

 

The effect Taekwoon hyung has on her is impressive.

 

But as the saying ‘the calm before the storm’ goes, peaceful situations never seem to last for long.

 

----

 

During lunch, Yooji was walking alongside Hakyeon back to their table after getting their lunch trays, with Taekwoon and Jaehwan still in the queue. She was bickering with the tanned senior so she failed to see someone who deliberately stuck her foot out to trip the unsuspecting girl, who unfortunately fell for it. With his quick reflexes, Hakyeon caught Yooji by her arm so she didn’t fall. Her lunch tray, however, dropped to the ground with a loud clang, immediately attracting the whole cafeteria’s attention.

 

Yooji lifted her head and found Hyunjoo smirking at her, and her gaze hardened. She grabbed the bottle of banana milk from Hakyeon’s tray while mumbling “I’ll buy you another one, oppa”, tore it open, and dumped its contents onto the queenka’s head. Taekwoon and Jaehwan, who had just got to Hakyeon’s side, stared wide-eyed at the scene happening. The cafeteria went silent for a few seconds before hushed chattering broke out.

 

“You may have had me at a disadvantage previously, but that doesn’t mean I won’t fight back,” Yooji stared at the queenka whose hair and uniform was wet and sticky from the flavored beverage, “this isn’t even half as bad compared to what you had done to me, but I won’t let myself stoop as low as you. Just know that I’m not one of those defenseless little girls you’re so used to bullying.”

 

Hyunjoo was rendered speechless. She let out a frustrated scream and stormed out of the cafeteria, her sidekicks hurrying after her.

 

“Wow…” Jaehwan commented.

 

“My dongsaeng is so cool!” Hakyeon squealed, “but it’s no

Please log in to read the full chapter