006

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I thought my eardrums were gonna explode from Hakyeon hyung’s and Jaehwan hyung’s shrieking!” Wonshik complained after they got down from the Viking.

 

“I feel you, hyung,” Sanghyuk nodded.

 

“Hey, someone had to make Hakyeon hyung feel better,” Jaehwan said, “I screamed along with him to let him know he’s not alone!”

 

Hakyeon neck chopped the bespectacled boy, “you did not make me feel better, you punk.”

 

“Oh?” Hongbin turned to Yooji, “noona, is it me or did you really not scream this time?”

 

“Wh-what are you talking about?” she stuttered, “I did! Must be Hakyeon oppa and Jaehwan screaming too loudly that you didn’t hear me.”

 

“Hmm…maybe,” he nodded.

 

Yooji looked at Taekwoon, who was walking in front of her. He had held her hand until the ride came to a complete stop, then got off like nothing ever happened. She shook her head.

 

He’s just being nice.

 

“You okay?” her best friend appeared beside her.

 

“Hmm? Yeah, I’m fine,” she assured him.

 

For the rest of the day, the group went around the park, enjoying their time together. By evening, they had gone on every ride in the park except two – the rollercoaster and the Ferris wheel.

 

“I’ll wait for you guys here,” Yooji waved at the group of boys when they reached the rollercoaster’s entrance.

 

“Me too!” Hakyeon attempted to escape but was pulled back by Sanghyuk.

 

“Hyung, I told you you’re going on every ride with us!” Sanghyuk grinned.

 

“See you in a bit, noona!” Wonshik waved as they joined the queue.

 

“This is unfair!” Hakyeon whined again, “why does Yooji get to sit out but I don’t?”

 

“Because her threats are scarier than yours, hyung,” Jaehwan said.

 

Hongbin nodded, “the last time we dragged her onto a rollercoaster, she pulled on my hair so tightly I thought I was gonna have a bald spot for sure.”

 

Jaehwan, Wonshik and Sanghyuk laughed at the memory. It was last summer; they decided to have Hongbin sit next to Yooji since he was the one who insisted she joined them for the ride. Apart from a possible bald spot, the poor boy was ignored by his favourite noona for a week.

 

“You guys play,” Taekwoon suddenly spoke up, “I’m getting out.”

 

“Hyung! I thought you like rollercoasters!” Wonshik looked at his elder friend, confused.

 

“Not feeling up to it today,” Taekwoon said, then left the queue.

 

“Taekwoon-ah! Save me!” Hakyeon flailed his arms and called out to his friend, but was held back by the youngest boy.

 

----

Please log in to read the full chapter