002

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

First week of school whizzed by with no major events happening. Spending lunch break with Jaehwan and his elder friends everyday – the 3 younger ones joined them only on Mondays and Fridays – resulted in Yooji growing closer to Hakyeon. He was like a trusty older brother to her, while Taekwoon was still quiet and cautious around her. She had seen him being engaged in animated conversations with Hakyeon and Jaehwan when she wasn’t with them, and it made her even more curious about him.

 

This day, she was in school earlier than usual and was sitting on the steps facing the field, deep in thought. Her train of thoughts was interrupted when a group of boys dressed in soccer get-up left their bags a distance away from her and jogged towards the field. Yooji felt someone staring at her and looked to her left.

 

“Taekwoon sunbae…” she mumbled.

 

He nodded at her, acknowledging her presence, then joined the other boys on the field. Whatever that was occupying her mind was forgotten as soon as she watched Taekwoon launch into a game. He was a totally different person when he was on the field. Yooji watched in awe as he yelled commands to his teammates, and so effortlessly glided across the field.

 

So that was really Taekwoon sunbae…

 

----

 

“Where were you?” Jaehwan asked when Yooji settled in her seat beside him, “your bag was already here when I came in.”

 

“Field.”

 

Jaehwan looked at his friend. The look on Yooji’s face told him she was troubled by something. Although he had only known her for slightly over a year, he could read her like a book. She reminded him of Taekwoon in some ways. If there was something they didn’t want to talk about, no one would be able to force it out of them.

 

“Oh, hey! You know we have the social clubs fair after lunch, right?” Jaehwan quickly changed topics.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Jaehwan sighed. At times like these when his best friend didn’t feel like talking, he felt extra lone

Please log in to read the full chapter