029

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I got Jaehwan’s invitation from An-jjang today,” Jaejoong said while preparing dinner.

 

“Didn’t he send it to your company like, 4 days ago?”

 

The singer nodded, “I was filming in Paju for the past few days so An-jjang only had time to go back to the company today.”

 

“Are you able to make it, though?” Yooji asked.

 

“I should be. I’ll check with An-jjang tomorrow.”

 

“Mmhmm.”

 

“What time is Taekwoon coming over?”

 

Yooji was about to reply when the sound of someone keying in the passcode to their door sounded.

 

“There he comes,” she went to the door to greet her boyfriend, “hi, oppa!”

 

“Hi, you,” Taekwoon smiled and kissed Yooji’s forehead, “hi Jaejoong hyung.”

 

“You’re just in time!” Jaejoong had just finished plating the last dish, “come and eat, kids!”

 

“I missed your cooking, hyung,” Taekwoon grinned.

 

“Yeah, you better be honoured,” Jaejoong had a smug grin on his face, “you’re the only other person besides Jaehwan and Yooji to taste my cooking so frequently.”

 

Yooji rolled her eyes at her brother, “always so full of yourself.”

 

Jaejoong gave her a stank face, “just eat.”

 

Taekwoon looked between the siblings, amused. He could never get tired of their silly banters.

 

“Oh, Taekwoon oppa,” Yooji called, “have you checked your schedule?”

 

The soccer player nodded and frowned, “I’ve a match on 24 May. I can’t make it to Jaehwannie’s concert.”

 

“It’s alright. I’m sure he’ll understand,” she smiled.

 

“Yeah,” Taekwoon sighed, “I guess I’ll have to call him later.”

 

----

 

When Yooji arrived at work the next morning, she noticed a car she’d never seen before parked in Hakyeon’s spot. She walked to the front to look for the driver’s information – in case it was someone who took the registered spot unknowingly – but couldn’t find any.

 

“Good morning, Joohyun-sshi!”

 

“Good morning, Kim-seonsaengnim. Cha-seonsaengnim is waiting for you in the conference room; he told me to let you know once you come in.”

 

“Got it. Thanks!”

 

Yooji set her belongings down in the office before making her way to the conference room a few doors down.

 

“Morning, Hakyeon oppa!” Yooji chirped.

 

“Ah, you’re here!” Hakyeon looked up from his laptop.

 

“Oh, before I forget. There’s another car parked in your—”

 

Hakyeon laughed, “that’s my new car. I just collected it yesterday!”

 

“Finally!” Yooji grinned, “okay, back to business. What’s up?”

 

“Ah, yes. So I got a call from Jaehwan yesterday, and he proposed an idea.”

 

“Uh huh?”

 

“He suggested having our students be the opening act

Please log in to read the full chapter