016

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Good morning, sunshine!” Yooji was greeted by the sight of her brother making breakfast in the kitchen on a Saturday morning.

 

“You don’t have schedules today?” she hopped onto one of the high stools and sat watching her brother cook.

 

“Nope. I’m free for the week!” Jaejoong sang.

 

“You’re not retiring, are you?”

 

“Yah, I’m still young,” the singer retorted, “I’m taking on a new drama and filming begins next week. So I asked for a short break to spend time with my lovely little sister! Plus, you have a week of holidays now, isn’t it?”

 

“Aww, oppa!” Yooji jumped off her seat and enveloped her brother in a bear hug, “and congratulations on the new drama!”

 

“Yah! Yah! I’m holding on to a scorching hot fry pan here!”

 

After a satisfying meal, the siblings were lounging in the living room watching television. The sound of someone keying the passcode to the apartment’s door then rang.

 

“Jaehwan’s here?” Jaejoong asked.

 

Yooji nodded, “I thought you weren’t gonna be home, so I called him over.”

 

“Oh? Hyung, you’re home!” Jaehwan greeted when he stepped into the living room with a grocery bag in his hand.

 

The elder man waved happily, “what did you bring?”

 

“Fried chicken and ice cream!”

 

Jaehwan settled on the empty space beside Yooji after he put the frozen treats away in the freezer.

 

“Right, I’ve been wanting to ask you something, Yooji-yah,” Jaejoong said.

 

“Hmm?” the girl’s eyes were glued to the TV.

 

“That Taekwoon boy,” the singer’s words got Jaehwan’s and Yooji’s attention immediately, “you like him, don’t you?”

 

The pair of best friends looked at each other, eyes wide.

 

“I didn’t say anything, I swear,” Jaehwan raised his h

Please log in to read the full chapter