030

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oppa,” Yooji popped her head into her brother’s home studio, “do you have a minute?”

 

Jaejoong had recently wrapped up his drama filming and had been cooped up in his home studio composing songs for his new album ever since.

 

“Yeah. What’s up?”

 

“Hakyeon oppa and I have finalized the performing teams. There will be 2 vocal teams and a dance team. I wanted to ask if JYJ could pop by the academy for a one-day mentoring session?”

 

“Sure,” the world famous singer agreed immediately, “when are you looking at?”

 

“Well, I figured I probably have to inform you in advance so you can adjust your schedules. I’m looking at some time next month. We have rehearsals everyday so you can pick a date and let me know!”

 

Jaejoong laughed, “thanks for taking that into consideration. I think it shouldn’t be a problem. Let me call Yoochun and Junsu to check and I’ll update you again.”

 

“Thanks, oppa!” Yooji hugged her brother and excused herself.

 

----

 

“Alright, guys, we have guest mentors coming today!” Yooji announced.

 

Hakyeon and herself gathered the performers into the dance studio instead of separating into dance and vocal teams as usual. The students broke into excited whispers, discussing amongst themselves who the guests might be.

 

“As you all know, we are only one month away from the concert,” Hakyeon started, “and everyone is doing really well. I’m very thankful for all your effort, and so, as a gift for all the time and effort everyone has put in, we have specially invited these guests for a one-day mentoring session!”

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Are they celebrities?”

 

Yooji opened a text that had just came in and smiled, “you’ll see for yourselves. They’re here already.”

 

A few minutes later, Joohyun knocked on the studio door and opened it slightly.

 

“Your guests are here,” and she stepped aside for JYJ to enter the dance studio.

 

Excited screams immediately echoed through the studio, making Hakyeon and Yooji laugh.

 

“Hello, kids!” Jaejoong waved, “we’ll be your mentors for today!”

 

After the students have calmed down, they were split into their respective performing teams once again. Jaejoong and Yoochun each took a vocal team with Yooji alternating between both teams, while Junsu stayed with Hakyeon in the dance studio.

 

At the end of the day, the students left the academy with satisfied smiles on their faces. The idol group hung around for a while and it resulted in Jaejoong offering to sponsor the performance outfits.

 

“Thanks so much for coming, oppa-deul,” Yooji hugged them.

 

“You’ve created an unforgettable memory for our students, so thank you, hyung-deul,” Hakyeon smiled, “and thank you for the sponsorship, Jaejoong hyung.”

 

“Anything for our dongsaengs,” Yoochun nodded.

 

“I’ll see you at home, little sister!” Jaejoong waved as they walked out.

 

“What an eventful day,” Hakyeon stretched as the duo made their way back to their office, “you leaving soon?”

 

“Yeah, I’m having dinner at Taekwoon oppa’s place today,” Yooji swept her stuff into her bag.

 

“I’m just curious, haven’t you both thought about marriage? I mean, you’ve been together for 10 years already.”

 

Yooji shrugged, “you know we’re not the type to push things, oppa. The time will come naturally, I guess.”

 

“Well, that’s true. Sometimes I feel like I’m looking at Taekwoon when I look at you. That’s how scarily alike you both are,” Hakyeon chuckled.

 

Yooji rolled her eyes at him, “you’re not leaving yet?”

 

“I have a few more emails to reply and I’m out of here. Now go, don’t keep his parents waiting.”

 

“Alright, see you tomorrow!”

 

----

 

All too soon, the day of Jaehwan’s concert came. The singer had arranged for the academy performers to have a waiting room of their own, much to the excitement of the students. Hakyeon and Yooji were doing final checks on the outfits and sound equipment before they were due on stage in 30 minutes’ time.

 

“Hyung! Noona!” Wonshik’s deep voice rang.

 

“Oh, Wonshik-ah!” Yooji smiled and went forward to give him a hug.

 

Wonshik had taken on the role of the music director for Jaehwan’s concert, thanks to the latter’s recommendation to his agency.

 

“Take good care of my kids, okay?” Hakyeon grinned.

 

“Don’t worry, they’re in very good hands,” the producer chuckled, “I’ll see you guys later.”

 

Jaehwan too, had come to check on the academy performers. He left them words of encouragement before he got shooed back to his own waiting room.

 

“Opening act in 3 minutes!” one of the backstage crew announced.

 

Hakyeon and Yooji gathered their students in a circle.

 

“Alright, guys. This is it! The stage you have been practicing so hard for! Go up there an

Please log in to read the full chapter