004

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yooji laid on her bed, staring at the blue post-it in her hand. The words ‘thank you’ were scribbled on it. She had found the note peeking out from her notebook when she and Jaehwan returned to class after lunch earlier that day.

 

**

 

“What’s that?” Jaehwan asked.

 

“Someone left me a note…”

 

“Thank you?” he read, “did you help someone or something?”

 

Yooji shook her head, “not that I remember of…”

 

Then it struck her.

 

Could it be…Taekwoon sunbae…?

 

“Ohhhh~could it be a secret admirer then?” Jaehwan teased.

 

Yooji dismissed her thoughts and rolled her eyes at Jaehwan, “don’t be silly.”

 

“My YooYoo’s all grown up!” he faked a sob.

 

“Call me that one more time, and I will ignore you for the whole of next week,” Yooji threatened, “and you know I mean what I say.”

 

Jaehwan immediately straightened up and did a salute, “yes M’am!”

 

Nah, I must be thinking too much. But who else could it be?

 

**

 

“Hakyeon sunbae isn’t someone who would do something like this,” she mumbled to herself, “plus, he thanked me during lunch. And Taekwoon sunbae joined us late…”

 

Yooji shook her head and concluded that she wouldn’t be able to figure it out, so she left it at that. She pinned the note to the cork board on her wall, staring at it one last time before going to sleep.

 

----

 

“Yooji-yah.”

 

The girl stirred awake to the familiar voice. She opened her eyes and saw her best friend’s signature grinning face hovering above hers. Yooji groaned and pushed Jaehwan away.

 

“Gosh, what a face to wake up to,” she grumbled.

 

Jaehwan ignored her comment, “yah, get up. The boys are over.”

 

The girl blindly reached for her phone and opened an eye to check the time. It was almost noon. Yooji slowly sat up and stretched her limbs, then trudged to the en suite bathroom to wash up while Jaehwan returned to the living room.

 

When Jaehwan mentioned ‘boys’, she was expecting the 3 younger boys, since they often showed up at her house without informing her. What she didn’t expect, was seeing Hakyeon and Taekwoon together with them.

 

The 6 boys turned to Yooji when she emerged from her room and tried not to laugh when they took in her appearance – pyjamas and hair pulled into a messy bun.

 

“Hakyeon sunbae, Taekwoon sunbae, what—”

 

“Tsk,” she was cut off by Hakyeon, “I told you to call me oppa, didn’t I?”

 

“Ah…” she nodded slowly, “Hakyeon…op..pa…”

 

Taekwoon shot her an unreadable look before looking away.

 

Hakyeon

Please log in to read the full chapter