001

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Watcha lookin’ at?”

 

Kim Yooji jumped at the sudden appearance behind her. Grinning goofily at her was Lee Jaehwan, her best friend. The pair had known each other since their last year in middle school, when Yooji transferred from a different neighbourhood. It was their first day of high school – which was affiliated with their middle school and the campuses were just next to each other – and Yooji had arrived to class early. She picked a seat in the back row beside the window overlooking the school’s track field, and was watching a group of guys engaged in a soccer game when Jaehwan appeared.

 

“Yah! You scared me!” Yooji smacked him on his arm.

 

Jaehwan pouted and pulled a puppy face, “it hurts~”

 

“Serves you right,” Yooji turned her attention back to the field, but the guys were gone.

 

“So, what were you looking at?” Jaehwan asked again.

 

“A soccer game. Yah, there’s this one guy who looked as if he was flying across the field!”

 

“Oh!” his eyes twinkled, “I told you that I have a hyung on the school’s soccer team, right? That might be him!”

 

Yooji nodded. Jaehwan had mentioned he had two elder friends in their school, whom he often visited during lunch breaks. She had never went with him before, for her lunches were always spent with her other best friend, who had moved away to another city during the winter holidays.

 

“I’ll introduce my hyungs to you at lunch today!”

 

“Sure. Are the rest coming over too?”

 

Jaehwan nodded, “I texted them already!”

 

The first half of the day whizzed by rather quickly; it was mostly their form teacher doing a pep talk and asking the class to do self-introductions. Soon, the lunch bell rang. Their classmates flocked out of the classroom, while Jaehwan and Yooji took their time. Just as they were about to step out of the room, two guys entered.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter