007

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Yooji was lying in bed looking through the pictures taken in the Ferris wheel that evening, she realized she was missing the photo with Taekwoon.

 

Ah…I don’t have his number…I’ll ask him on Monday, I guess.

 

Just as she put her phone on her night stand and prepared to sleep, the device buzzed. Yooji reached for her phone and when she saw the name on the screen, her eyes widened.

 

From: Taekwoon oppa

 

Here’s the photo we took.

 

Yooji stared at her phone, questions running through her head.

 

When did he…how…right, game! The racing game! No wonder he held onto my phone…but what’s this…’oppa’? He wants me to call him ‘oppa’ too…?

 

From: Taekwoon oppa

 

By the way, oppa sounds nicer than sunbae.

 

----

 

A couple months flew by and Yooji grew closer to the 2 elder boys day by day.

 

This day, Yooji found herself at the field again. She realized that, somehow, watching the soccer team – or rather, Taekwoon – play aided in distracting her from the thoughts clouding her head.

 

“You’re here.”

 

Yooji jumped slightly at the gentle voice. She looked up and found Taekwoon standing beside her.

 

“Taekwoon oppa…” she mumbled, feeling her face heat up.

 

Taekwoon bit his lower lip to hide the grin that was threatening to form on his face. He set his bag down next to the girl and ruffled her hair.

 

“See you later.”

 

Yooji’s gaze followed the boy’s back view as he jogged to the field. The team was just done with warm-up exercises and Taekwoon was briefing them on the strategies to be practiced. As the team launched into their daily game routine, Yooji noticed that Taekwoon wasn’t paying too much attention to his surroundings on the field as usual as he was focused on throwing commands across. She had her hands clasped; silently praying that Taekwoon could finish the game safely.

 

Taekwoon, however, was oblivious to his own movements. He didn’t realize that he had moved to the center

Please log in to read the full chapter