027

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

10 years later…

 

“Good morning, Joohyun-sshi!” Yooji greeted the receptionist as she stepped into her workplace.

 

“Good morning, Kim-seonsaengnim,” Joohyun responded with a slight bow.

 

Yooji frowned, “how many times have I told you to just call me by my name. We’re about the same age anyway!”

 

Joohyun smiled and shook her head, “I feel more comfortable calling you Kim-seonsaengnim.”

 

“Well,” Yooji sighed, “if you say so. I’ll see you around!”

 

Joohyun bowed again as Yooji made her way to the office. She was surprised to see her partner already seated at his desk.

 

“Hakyeon oppa!” she called.

 

Hakyeon looked up from his computer screen, “oh, you’re here.”

 

“You’re early today, oppa,” Yooji set her stuff on her desk and settled down, “I didn’t see your car though.”

 

Hakyeon sighed, “it broke down, so I sent it for repairs.”

 

“You should get a new car, oppa,” the girl chuckled, “this one’s been breaking down a little often lately, no?”

 

“Yeah, but it’s been with me for so many years already. I feel attached to it, you know?” Hakyeon pouted.

 

“When it has to go, you gotta let it go~” Yooji sang.

 

“Fine,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “what time is your first class today?”

 

Yooji checked her scheduler, “in an hour’s time. Yours?”

 

“Now,” Hakyeon grabbed a change of clothes from a clothing rack beside his desk, “Hongbin and Sanghyuk are joining us for lunch today, by the way.”

 

“Ooh! Alright!”

 

Starlight Performing Arts Academy was founded by Hakyeon 2 years ago. He had joined a renowned dance troupe in his 2nd year in university, and had travelled around performing in many cities. After 4 years with the troupe, Hakyeon got tired of the constant travelling and not being able to spend time with his friends and family. The troupe had respected his decision and let him leave. Hakyeon had no plans about where to go next at that time; he only wanted to take a short break before continuing on his journey as a professional dancer. A catch-up session with his best friends since his school days, however, led him to his role as a dance instructor today. Hakyeon then offered Yooji to join the academy as a vocal trainer upon her graduation from university, to which the girl readily agreed.

 

Yooji had always known that she wanted to pursue a singing career, but she didn’t want to become a singer like her brother because she didn’t like being the centre of attention, and also because she witnessed what her brother had to go through with his previous company, so she decided she wanted to be a vocal trainer. When she talked about her career aspirations to Jaejoong, he introduced her to a close friend of his who is a producer and a vocal trainer. Yooji started training under her brother’s friend since then. She was 3 months from university graduation when Hakyeon started Starlight Academy, and when he asked if she was interested in working together with him at the academy, Yooji agreed immediately.

 

Yooji was halfway through an email reply when the door opened and revealed 2 faces she had missed so dearly.

 

“Yah! Lee Jaehwan! Kim Wonshik!” Yooji jumped from her seat and into their open arms, “oh my god I haven’t seen you guys for the longest time ever!”

 

“I missed you too, noona,” Wonshik let her go while Jaehwan still had his arms around her.

 

“My best friend~!” Jaehwan whined, “I miss yo

Please log in to read the full chapter