026

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

By the time the car pulled up at C-JeS Entertainment’s building, it had been an hour and a half since they had left Yooji’s school. Youngjun stopped by the mall as Jaejoong had asked him to get something, he said.

 

“You know which room is Jaejoong hyung’s, right?” the manager asked, “I have to go settle other things.”

 

Yooji nodded, “yeah oppa, I’ll be fine on my own. Go ahead.”

 

“Alright, see you!”

 

The girl sighed and slowly made her way to her brother’s designated studio. What was so important that he had to transport her all the way to the company?

 

When she reached the room, she knocked lightly before opening the door.

 

“Oppa I’m—“ Yooji stopped mid-sentence, for the studio was pitch dark and totally silent, “oppa…?”

 

Yooji flipped the light switch and the first thing she saw was a post-it that read ‘Press me’, stuck to the red ‘play’ button. When she did, music started and a soft, melodic voice started singing.

 

What’s this? Whose voice is that?

 

When the song progressed to the chorus, the recorded voice stopped and suddenly, that same voice sounded right behind her. Yooji spun around and her eyes doubled in size.

 

“Taekwoon oppa…”

 

The tall boy had a loving smile on his face as he sang, dedicating each and every word of the song to the girl in front of him.

 

You shine brighter than the stars in the sky

You call out to me with those pretty lips

Will you always stay there?

I’ll always be with you. You’re my light.

 

Yooji wrapped her arms around his body and buried her face in his chest, crying unceremoniously.

 

“I thought you left without telling me!” she sniffled, “you’re so evil!”

 

Taekwoon laughed, “sorry, I wanted to give you a surprise.”

 

The girl glared at him through her teary eyes, “so you roped in my brother to help you?”

 

He nodded, a

Please log in to read the full chapter