*BONUS* - Jaehwan

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

Posting this first thing in the morning before I go out Pokemon hunting :D Enjoy!

****

Jaehwan first met her at Starlight Academy’s first anniversary party. While everyone else were mingling around and having fun, she sat alone in a corner, watching the party go on before her. The singer excused himself from the entertainment industry people he had been talking to and made his way over to where she was.

 

“Hello,” he greeted with a smile, “I haven’t seen you around before.”

 

She was surprised at his sudden approach and jumped slightly.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry, I wasn’t expecting anybody to come talk to me,” she returned a shy smile, “I actually just started working for the academy a couple months back.”

 

“Ah…that explains,” Jaehwan chuckled, then extended his right hand, “I’m Lee Jaehwan.”

 

“I know, I’m a fan,” she nodded, a blush creeping up her cheeks, “I’m Choi Joohyun.”

 

Jaehwan grinned, enjoying the effect he had on her. He never knew he could make a girl blush.

 

“Wow…I’m honoured! Anyway, where are your bosses? How can they leave you here alone while they are off having fun?” he joked.

 

Joohyun shook her head, “they insisted that I join them with their friends, but I told them I’m more comfortable here.”

 

Jaehwan looked over to where Hakyeon, Yooji and the rest of the group were at, laughing amongst themselves.

 

“You sure you don’t wanna join us over there?” he asked.

 

Joohyun smiled, “thanks, but…I’m not very good around people. I’m really alright here.”

 

“If you say so,” Jaehwan nodded, “we’re just across the room so if you need us, just come over, okay?”

 

“I will. Thank you.”

 

That night, it was only the group of friends and Joohyun left after the guests had gone home. It was already close to 2AM after they were done cleaning up. Yooji didn’t want Joohyun taking a taxi alone because it was too dangerous, she said. So the vocal trainer got her best friend to give Joohyun a lift home, as her neighbourhood was along the way to Jaehwan’s.

 

“Shall we, Joohyun-sshi?” Jaehwan smiled.

 

“Lee Jaehwan you make sure you get her home safely!” the singer’s best friend called after them.

 

Jaehwan chuckled, “she hangs around Hakyeon hyung too much.”

 

“Kim-seonsaengnim told me you’re all high school friends?” Joohyun asked as they walked to Jaehwan’s car.

 

“Well, I knew the guys since middle school. And then Yooji transferred over during our last year, and we became best friends ever since. She then got to know Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung in high school. Taekwoon hyung and her started dating that year, too.”

 

“Wow…so they’ve been together for 9 years already?”

 

Jaehwan nodded, “impressive, huh? I wish they would get married already but…both of them don’t seem to have plans for marriage yet.”

 

 All through the drive to Joohyun’s place, Jaehwan kept her entertained with stories about Hakyeon and Yooji. They arrived at her neighbourhood after a 20-minute drive.

 

“Thanks for the lift, Jaehwan-sshi!” Joohyun bowed slightly.

 

“It’s no problem,” Jaehwan returned the gesture, “I’ll see you around when I drop by the academy!”

 

Joohyun nodded and exited the car, waving to Jaehwan as he drove off.

 

----

 

The next time they met was many months later when Jaehwan visited the academy with Wonshik.

 

“Hello Joohyun-sshi!” the cheerful singer greeted with a wide, charming smile.

 

“Oh!” Joohyun smiled and bowed, “hello Jaehwan-sshi.”

 

She looked to the producer beside Jaehwan.

 

“Ah, this is Kim Wonshik,” Jaehwan introduced.

 

“Hello,” Wonshik bowed, “I’m a producer at Jaehwan hyung’s agency.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Joohyun bowed again, “Kim-seonsaengnim is in the office.”

 

Jaehwan thanked the receptionist and headed for the office with Wonshik behind him. He couldn’t stay long for he had to attend to a schedule. His best frien

Please log in to read the full chapter