025

You're My Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oppa, where are we going?"

 

Taekwoon shrugged, "do you have anywhere you wanna go?"

 

"And I thought you planned something," Yooji raised a brow.

 

"I just wanted some time alone with you."

 

Taekwoon spotted a small cafe ahead of them.

 

"Let's go there," he pointed.

 

Yooji nodded. The couple entered the cozy cafe and settled on a table by the window after placing their orders.

 

"Are you alright? Is something troubling you?" Yooji noticed her boyfriend's eyes weren't as bright as they usually were.

 

Taekwoon sighed, "you read me so well. I do have something to tell you."

 

"Well, I'm all ears."

 

Yooji watched as conflicting emotions played in Taekwoon's eyes. He was struggling with himself and she waited patiently, not pushing him, for she knew that whatever he had to tell her, it wasn't an easy decision.

 

"I..." the boy started, "I got scouted...today..that man you saw me talking to..."

 

"Oppa, that's great news!" Yooji grabbed his hands, "but that's not what is troubling you, isn't it?"

 

Taekwoon shook his head, "if I accept the offer, intensive training starts as soon as school's out. I won't be able to spend the summer holidays with you..."

 

Yooji would be lying if she said she didn't feel disappointed, but she knew that Taekwoon's dream was to play for the national team, and she wasn't going to hold him back now that he's one step closer to realizing his dream.

 

"Oppa, look at me," she smiled, "this is your dream, isn't it? It's more important than anything else, me included. So you're gonna accept the offer and start training, okay?"

 

"But—”

 

"Don't worry about me. We have so much time ahead of us, don't we?"

 

Taekwoon wrapped his much larger hands around hers, "I'm sorry, I know I promised to spend the summer with you—”

 

"Oppa, I'm not gonna talk to you if you keep harping on this," the girl warned.

Please log in to read the full chapter