eight

strange love

i was so inspired by that vapp broadcast

 

Taehyung
i'm literally DYING of anticipation three days is TOO FAR AWAY

Seokjin
I know :<

Seokjin
So are you like excited

Taehyung
me???? excited?????? no not at all

Taehyung
of COURSE i'm excited who am i KIDDING????

Seokjin
I'm really excited too. ;)))

Seokjin
How are your bruises? Does your body still ache?

Taehyung
no, most of the things on my face stopped swelling already but yeah i'll be perfectly fine in four days and that's all that matters

Seokjin
Focus on getting better, please?

Seokjin
And don't worry, you can come up to my dorm looking like a 2ne1 MV and I would still think you're perfect.

Taehyung
2ne1 mvs are so sassy and they slay me every time ok of COURSE you'd think i'm perfect if i showed up looking like one

Seokjin
That wasn't my point but okay I'll take it

"He thinks I'm perfect," I sigh dreamily.

"I think you're a loser," Jungkook mumbles.

"You're just salty because Kim Seokjin doesn't think you're perfect." I stick my tongue out at him rather immaturely and he scowls at me, turning his back. My eyebrows raise. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He ignores me for a few more seconds, dramatically huffing and rolling his eyes every once in a while. "Come on, I know you wanna tell me," I prod, watching him take a deep breath and he turns to me and starts talking.

"So there's this guy," he begins. "He's this exchange student from Japan and he is really cute. Like, Kim Seokjin kinda cute—"

"Um, no, I'm gonna stop you right there," I interrupt him, shutting him up. "First of all, the only person who can be Kim Seokjin kinda cute is Kim Seokjin. Secondly—"

"Just let me talk," he talks over me, effectively silencing me as I shut my mouth and listen. "So, he was nice, right, and we had these cute library dates even if I hate libraries and, like, he's so cute okay?! And then when I did that horrible thing to you, I was sulking so hard in the cafeteria, like, tears were threatening to fall and my head was down and I just overall looked so miserable, and all of a sudden he sat down beside me.

"I don't even look up, he just sits there for like five solid minutes without uttering a word and I really thought he was going to leave eventually, but then he clears his throat really dramatically. I just looked at him briefly then looked back down because I felt terrible and you know that.

"So he tried again, this time with words. He was like," he shifts his voice into a horrible rendition of that guy's deep tone, "Yo Jungkook. Are you okay? And I just shrugged because really, I wasn't okay. And forever just went on and he was tapping his fingers against the table and it was just pissing me off, so then he just got tired of getting nothing out of me and he stood up and went back to his friends' table. They didn't even bother toning down their conversations. And you know what?

"They were teasing him for not getting a date with me that he assured them was in the bag. He told them to watch him make moves on me, and what did he get? Embarrassment, because I hardly responded.

"And just earlier today, he ripped into pieces and threw my bloody ticket somewhere in the trash."

"What?!" I slam my fist on the arm of the couch, which hurt me so I wrap my other hand around it, rubbing it in circles.

"He destroyed it," he says, face contorting into a mix of sadness and anger. "It was so low of him."

"How did he even get your ticket? Hell, why was it with you in school in the first place?" I ask, frowning.

"It was hidden somewhere in between the pages of my textbook and he got lucky," he sighs. "That was the one thing I was looking forward to and now it's gone."

"You can have mine," I say without missing a beat, and he looks at me incredulously.

"Seriously? No, no way, hyung," he shakes his head but I'm already fishing through my desk, looking for said piece of paper. "Hyung, I'm telling you, stop it. I'm not going to—hyung."

"No," I shove the ticket into his hands. "It's yours now. You can enjoy the concert without me, I can still meet Seokjin after, anyway."

"You won't see the rest of Bangtan," he protests, insisting on returning the ticket. "Just take it, hyung."

"Wait! We can always ask Seokjin for another one," I suggest, taking my phone.

He stops my wrist from moving any further. "And how long did that take? Two days. How many days until the concert? Two. Hyung, it might not make it in time and we're just going to be bothering Seokjin. Trust me, it's okay. Please go, for me."

"How am I going to enjoy it without my best friend? That's like going to a funeral without the dead body."

"That's not really the correct analogy..."

"It's either you go or none of us go. Choose," I say firmly, and he answers in a heartbeat, "None of us."

"Okay. It's settled, then," I take my phone and begin typing. I'll admit, I'm a little dejected at the fact that I won't be experiencing what would have been my first Bangtan concert, but there's a time for everything, right?

Taehyung
things went down anddd nope we're not seeing each other in two days

Seokjin
What? Why?

Taehyung
well, i mean we'll still go out together after, but there's this one thing that happened and

Taehyung
can i just call you?

Seokjin
Oh no sorry. We're in a plane right now so I can't really take a call. We're almost landing, though.

Taehyung
it's okay :-) but yeah the concert... kookie and i won't be able to go. we agreed not to go without the other and well his ticket was demolished by this one guy and it was so akdjdkfk he's terrible

Seokjin
Oh, that's too bad... :/

Taehyung
i know. i'm sorry :(

Seokjin
Well, it's just great timing that we're in Daegu now, isn't it?

Taehyung
WAIT WHAT

Seokjin sent a photo.

Daegu International Airport