seventeen

strange love

I bite my lower lip, trying to keep myself calm. His words are not going to affect me. He probably didn't mean it, anyway...

Taehyung
wow wtf r u serious

Seokjin
Unfortunately, yes, I am.

Taehyung
just tell me so i know what to wear

Seokjin
I'm serious, your clothes aren't really gonna be needed much.

Seriously, this guy... I put my phone down and decide to clean my room for a while. I don't know. When you're bored, sometimes all you have is just to clean your room.
 

"Hey." I hear Seokjin's sweet voice and I look up from my textbook (yes, I reached the point of boredom wherein I decide to read my Sociology textbook) to see him taking his shoes off by the doorway. "What are you doing?"

"I am reading about the different circles of society and how they overlap and coexist together at the same time," I reply, suppressing a smile when he sits down crosslegged beside me on the floor.

"Did you miss me?"

"No." I say in a way that is so childish that I'm surprised when he laughs. How does he even put up with me?

"Why not?"

"You left me to go on a date with someone else," I pout.

"We weren't out on a date. I was supposed to do that cause it's literally my job."

"Your job is taking beautiful girls out?"

"Not just that. I take beautiful boys out too," he says smoothly, leaving me with no idea what to do or how to react, so I just nod.

"In the assassination way?"

"No, in the date way."

"Oh, so you take boys out on dates."

"... Only one."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I took you somewhere last night."

"You took me to heaven and it was so amazing it got me a fever."

"I'm sorry about that."

"No, seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better way to get sick. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Actually, I think we should take a break and just let you rest here. I don't feel like doing illegal stuff tonight," he says, stretching on the floor on his stomach and from here I can see the curve of his—really, really fine—. I'm surprised the floor has enough room to let him fit. I have a small room and he is kinda big. In both ways. I almost got a glimpse of the outline last night in the car when we were throwing water balloons at each other. He was like... big. But I couldn't get an actual look because that would make him uncomfortable, but from the 0.5 seconds of glancing, I'd gathered enough information and he was big. I think my fanfiction measurements were accurate. Maybe I even made it smaller than it really was.

Wow, I'm thinking of Seokjin's while I'm right in front of him. I'm nasty.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" he asks, resting his head on my pillow.

"I'm just amazed that you're in my room," I lie through my teeth, but that's not necessarily untrue.

"I'm amazed that I'm in your room, too. Imagine the things we could do in here."

What the hell.

"I meant things like having a fake bonfire and building a pillow fort. Jeez, Taehyung, I'm not like that," he says quickly, noticing my non-verbal reaction. "But whatever you're thinking works too," he winks.

I can't feel my knees because they've dissipated a long time ago, my legs turning into material similar to that of a rubber chicken's. I can't even describe the way I'm feeling in a romantic way. It's to the point where I think my knees are evaporating and my legs are rubber chickens and my heart is beating so fast that it feels like there's a in my chest and I probably look really red right now. With one sentence, he probably brought my fever back considering how much I feel like I'm on fire.

"A pillow fort sounds great right now," I say in an attempt to drive the topic to another one. It works for Seokjin, or maybe it's the least he could do so I don't feel even more embarrassed than I already am.

"Pillow fort it is."
 

So we end up clearing my entire bedroom, leaving all the furniture to the side and creating a fence made of pillows and a very creative roof made by Seokjin, broken by me, and improvised by Seokjin. There's a lamp in the middle of our giant pillow fort slash tent, and there's enough room for a lot of people—but it's just Seokjin and me. And maybe Jungkook, but I don't think he's coming home tonight.

"Did you know?" I start, scrolling through my garbage laptop looking for a good movie to watch, "something happened earlier while you were gone."

"What is it?" he asked, stirring the pancake mix. In my bedroom.

"So, like, I called Jungkook... for reasons... and I'm just gonna get straight to the point, he moaned Jimin's name," I look at him and his face is priceless, his eyes wide and his hand frozen, still gripping the whisk. "This is no ordinary moan, Seokjin. It was somewhere between a squeal, a scream, and a moan. It was kind of horrifying."

"... I see," he nods slowly, stirring the mix again. He sighs. "Jimin... They all grow up so fast."

"You make it sound like you're so old," I snicker, dipping my finger in the pancake mix and it.

"Salmonella," he says. I raise an eyebrow.

"Who's that?" I ask. Seriously, that was such a weird thing to say.

He looks at me with the most serious expression I've seen on his face. What did I do wrong? I'll make sure to search up Sal Monella later.

"Anyway..." he mumbles, "Do you have a waffle maker?"

"I do have one. It was the first thing I bought when I moved in."

"I love that your priorities are set straight," he says, standing up to get the waffle maker. He comes back with whip cream, strawberries and chocolate syrup. In a completely different context, maybe I would have gotten a hard-on.

Give my filthy mind a break.