twenty one

strange love

I feel lightheaded, and then I start contradicting myself like I always do.

Maybe KTH has a different meaning. Maybe this doesn't even mean anything at all. Maybe Seokjin told Sunae about me and that's how she knew my name. Maybe she was just playing with me when she said she missed me. Maybe I'm just overthinking and it really isn't as deep as I think it goes.

"Well, that's..." I fold the hoodie.

"Yeah," Jungkook's silent too.

"I don't know what to do with this kind of information. Or lack thereof."

"I don't know what to do either."

I hear soft footsteps coming towards the living room and I turn my head to the direction Seokjin's in. "Good morning," he mumbles, stretching his arms until his eyes landed on the hoodie. "Oh."

"Um, Sunae came and visited to return this... she just left," I explain, still kind of shaken and confused and clueless but I give him the hoodie and he takes it with reluctance.

"I see."

That's it? You're not gonna ask questions?

"So, we thought of this thing," Jungkook says in an effort to save me and he did, noticing how lost I'd looked. "How about we go out tonight, the four of us?"

"Four?" Seokjin asks, preparing himself a bowl of cereal.

"With Jimin."

"Ooh. Tonight?"

"Yup," Jungkook nods.

"Where to?" I ask. Maybe it's good to let this out of my mind for a while because the more I think about it, the more confused I get, because it feels like it's always been there, hidden in the back of my mind—and that confuses me greatly.

"We can go somewhere a lot of people don't really go to," Jungkook suggests. "I'm feeling... An abandoned amusement park."

That piques my interest and Seokjin's as well, seeing how he turned his head to us in the speed of light and made eye contact with Jungkook for what seemed like 10 minutes, but was 5 seconds in actuality. What was that?

"Yeah, that sounds good," Seokjin says after a while and shoves another spoon of cereal in his mouth. Fine. They're not telling me a lot of things and I'm not even going to question it anymore.

"Are we gonna break in?"

"That's exactly what we're going to do," Jungkook says, the corners of his mouth tug upwards. He's up to no good.

Seokjin looks at the clock. "Don't you have school today?"

"... Ah, yeah, I do." Jungkook scratches his head. "I'll have to start getting ready. You two—" he turns to us, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"So, basically do everything?" Seokjin winks at me and it's back, the feeling of giddiness and butterflies and ugh every time he looks at me like that I'm just reduced into this pile of mush and I don't even—I can't do this.

"Go wild," Jungkook shrugs and walks to the bathroom. When he leaves, I'm going to have a word with Seokjin.

 

He finally leaves after a conversation with Seokjin using only their eyes and I'm left wondering when and where they knew each other enough to have a psychic conversation. Wow. "Okay, Seokjin-hyung," I start, the name rolling off my tongue in a way that I find strange. I really still don't know what to call Seokjin. Apart from 'mine', but I can't just go 'Hey, mine, how are you?' because that's just weird. "Why does Choi Sunae know my name?"

He breaks apart from staring at the ground and meets my eyes, seeming alarmed. As if he doesn't know. "Actually, the question is," I continue, "why does she even know my address?"

"She knows your address?"

"Yeah, to return that hoodie. To me and not you. But you were wearing that last night. And you know what I saw? My initials. In the summer of 2011. Where was I during the summer of 2011, anyway? Not anywhere near you."

"Well, maybe I didn't receive it on the summer of 2011. Maybe those aren't even your initials, considering you don't remember writing them. Your move, Taehyung."

Tick. It's your move. What makes him think I don't remember writing that? I mean, he's right—I don't remember writing on that hoodie, and I don't even remember owning it, but I didn't mention anything about me not knowing.

"How is KTH not going to be my initial?" I ask, not really expecting an answer, but my pitch is rising. "Isn't that going to explain how you randomly hit me up through text one day telling me that you like my blog and then you come to Daegu and you mess up my life and I get this—"

"Why are you yelling?!"

"I'm not yelling!" I yell, before silencing myself. "It's just... There are so many things you don't tell me and it's driving me insane. If we're going to make this work, then you have to trust me."

"Make what work?" He takes my hand in his. I exhale. What was I thinking?

"Nothing. Forget it. I'm craving bulgogi." I say, letting go of his hand.

"That's a rather weird thing to say to end an argument."

"We were arguing?"

"We were?"

"Well, now we're not," I take his hand again and rest my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too," he says, gently running his fingers through my hair while the other stayed intertwined with mine. "You'll know soon."

I sigh. "Can we eat bulgogi?"

"Do you want to eat outside?"

"Well, if you want to be seen with me..."

"Of course I do. My concern is you, Taehyung, not what anyone's going to think."

I smile at that. "They're just going to think we're friends, anyway, right?"

"Right. But as much as possible, let's pick a quiet place to eat. I don't want anyone interrupting us."

 

But we do get interrupted, quite a lot of times if I may. Seokjin's a sweetheart, however, and pauses for everyone—and that gives me no reason to be angry. Instead it makes me smile. A lot. I really respect him for that.

"Excuse me," a girl says, touching my shoulder lightly. "Can you take a picture of us?" She hands me her phone.

"Oh, um—" I take it, "Why me?"

"What are you doing?" she laughs, flipping the front camera and posing beside Seokjin.

Did I really just do that wow why did I think that girl wanted a picture with me and not Seokjin I'm an embarrassment to Daegu not only Daegu but South Korea as well I am so embarrassing why did we go out in the first place this is so bad I'm cringing so hard, please please please no more. "I meant to do that," I fake a laugh with her, taking the picture. She doesn't even say thanks when she takes her phone from me. Let's pretend that never happened.

"Yah! Namjoon will get jealous!" Some girl from another table yelled and I rolled my eyes so hard I think I may have seen my brain.

"Namjin is a joke," Seokjin mumbles to me after laughing politely and proceeding to eat his meal. "I'm not really feeling it here anymore. Do you wanna go somewhere else?"

"Oh, yeah, of course! I'm sorry, it was my idea, anyway," I say, finishing my water and gathering my belongings. "But did you eat enough?"

"Who needs food when I have you?" he winks at me and I look away, blushing. I hope no one heard that.

"Corny."

He puts his arm around me as we walk outside. "Let's just walk around and eat street food and free samples."

"Oh, let's go to my high school!" I suggest, and he freezes in his steps, eyes on the ground.

"Um," he shifts, "it's a school day."

"Ah, yeah, I forgot," I say, eyeing him. That was a strange reaction. "Yeah, street food sounds great right now."

"Street food it is," he smiles, looping our arms together as we list everything we're going to eat today. "I want gimbap, and odeng, and grilled squid, and hotteok..."


 

let's play spot-the-missing-holes~

thank you for reading! eugh i know it isn't all that eventful and doesn't really answer questions to the last chapter but hey, you all should have found the answers during the previous chapters anyway ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)